Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DA Eugene is out of the country until June 2nd as well and the fellow I got hold of had no clue what was going on with my delivery. He promised to investigate and call back but never did. I called around 4 PM CST therefore it just might have been closing time for the Houston Service Center. I would be mad if they damage my bumper and simply repair it instead of a full replacement especially since the car has not yet been delivered. Hopefully some time before June 15th now. Will call again on June 2nd.

I can tell you that my car was in Millbrae getting the rear windshield replaced this week, the rear silver bow tie couldn’t be salvaged after replacement, so they added a new one, shipped the car to a wrap shop and had my matte ppf reapplied, shipped it back to Millbrae for inspection, found a scratch in the cantrail that damaged the PPF and the cantrail, ordered 2 new ones for me (that will take a very long time to receive I’m told) in order to repair a gap issue with the flag logo, they will be putting new ones on and then sending it back for matte PPF once the parts are in. For the meantime, my car is being shipped back to me now (7 pm they are still working) and they will come pick it up once again when they get the other parts. Absolutely amazing service, so I’d say the bumper will be well taken care of, if not replaced entirely.

My DA Eugene is out of the country until June 2nd as well and the fellow I got hold of had no clue what was going on with my delivery. He promised to investigate and call back but never did. I called around 4 PM CST therefore it just might have been closing time for the Houston Service Center. I would be mad if they damage my bumper and simply repair it instead of a full replacement especially since the car has not yet been delivered. Hopefully some time before June 15th now. Will call again on June 2nd.

June 2nd after new price hike, kind of convenient…

Lucid is an awesome company. Great service and product! Somehow DA Eugene is not up to par. I’m sorry, I can relate to that communication frustration.

Last edited:

Lucid is an awesome company. Great service and product! Somehow DA Eugene is not up to the par. I’m sorry, I can relate to that communication frustrat.
What does the price hike have to do with anything? His car is already in Houston going through PDI, so his price is already locked in.

I can tell you that my car was in Millbrae getting the rear windshield replaced this week, the rear silver bow tie couldn’t be salvaged after replacement, so they added a new one, shipped the car to a wrap shop and had my matte ppf reapplied, shipped it back to Millbrae for inspection, found a scratch in the cantrail that damaged the PPF and the cantrail, ordered 2 new ones for me (that will take a very long time to receive I’m told) in order to repair a gap issue with the flag logo, they will be putting new ones on and then sending it back for matte PPF once the parts are in. For the meantime, my car is being shipped back to me now (7 pm they are still working) and they will come pick it up once again when they get the other parts. Absolutely amazing service, so I’d say the bumper will be well taken care of, if not replaced entirely.
The fender came back from the body shop today, so they should be finishing the detailing on the car on Tuesday, after the holiday weekend. As of now, it's looking good for home delivery next weekend. 🤞

What does the price hike have to do with anything? His car is already in Houston going through PDI, so his price is already locked in.
In case he changes his mind to reorder.

Man, this DA Eugene sure takes a lot of vacations. I wonder if there are sabotageurs work in Lucid Motors.

Lucid is an awesome company. Great service and product! Somehow DA Eugene is not up to par. I’m sorry, I can relate to that communication frustration.
My DA Jacques Fidelia was fantastic. While he didn’t respond to 100% of my messages, he would always respond if he had any information available to give. I had the best success just by calling him, most of the time he’d answer and I wouldn’t have to leave a message and play phone tag. I also had an issue with the vehicle registration because Rhode Island has really stupid rules so Lucid just sent me a list of instructions based on those rules, but then I found out when going to the VIN inspection site here that they needed even more stupid paperwork! So I called Jacques, he answered right away, said he’d take care of it and it just send in my paperwork as is, and sure enough I got my license plates registration 3 weeks later. Every single Lucid employee I’ve interacted with has been excellent and seems to care about doing a good job.

My DA Jacques Fidelia was fantastic. While he didn’t respond to 100% of my messages, he would always respond if he had any information available to give. I had the best success just by calling him, most of the time he’d answer and I wouldn’t have to leave a message and play phone tag. I also had an issue with the vehicle registration because Rhode Island has really stupid rules so Lucid just sent me a list of instructions based on those rules, but then I found out when going to the VIN inspection site here that they needed even more stupid paperwork! So I called Jacques, he answered right away, said he’d take care of it and it just send in my paperwork as is, and sure enough I got my license plates registration 3 weeks later. Every single Lucid employee I’ve interacted with has been excellent and seems to care about doing a good job.

Lucid AGT is so great which made me ordered 2nd one Pure for family. I just got assigned Katja. I am very pleased with production and don’t keep frustration grudge.

I just saw EQS review on YouTube today. It is just overloaded with tons UI. I can see that would be good interior for my wife, but I really really just don’t like the exterior design, it doesn’t look extraordinary at that price point.

Last edited:
That is correct, my price is locked. I have all the paperwork for registration etc. I ordered back in January. The car has been in houston for a month now. It was supposed to have been delivered in May until this 3rd inspection and since then it has been chaos. We shall see what June brings.

Don’t get me wrong he has done a good job with me but then he did not tell me he was going out of country for a week. He did text me back about being out of town when I texted him to inquire. It almost looks like they are a bit overwhelmed and this whole 3rd inspection is a mystery that no one wants to explain. Even today they answered promptly except the DA on the other side apparently just did not have enough information. I am hoping Eugene will pick up the slack once he is back. Everyone is allowed a vacation.

For quantum grey orders: Millbrae has two prepared for delivery and several more in PDI.
Omg, urgh i am out of town this weekend. Have been waiting to see them in flesh before confirming the order. Thanks for sharing.

Was assigned a new DA yesterday and was told that Lucid will not announce any timeline for VIN to delivery. The bottlenecks at the Service centers are real and will take time to work through. Also, they are trying to ramp up production which will only add to future bottlenecks, as they have limited capacity for PDI at these locations. There is a possibility of future supply constraints in both the manufacturing process and in the trucking. My car is queued for a production batch, which may happen soon or it may not. Delivery is now, and this is just a guess, estimated to be August, a 2 month delay from the previous DA's guess for a March 23 confirmation date.

Omg, urgh i am out of town this weekend. Have been waiting to see them in flesh before confirming the order. Thanks for sharing.

Keep in mind your reservation date goes out the window once you confirm. Your place in line is from the date you confirm.

However, I do understand your want to see it in person before you confirm an order for a $140,000 machine.

Hmm, confirmed order on 2 March 2022 and not a peep from my DA or anyone at Lucid.
Zenith Red GT, Santa Cruz, 19"
I was told I would not hear from my DA until VIN was assigned. IF there is no VIN, then there's no need to call you would be my guess.

I was told I would not hear from my DA until VIN was assigned. IF there is no VIN, then there's no need to call you would be my guess.
Not the case. It is important to confirm order details with the DA BEFORE the build. The options for the wheels, color and interior can impact the delivery timeline. They also wanted copy of my License for the vehicle's state registration, as I am arranging delivery in a state where I have a second residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back