Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGT, Grey / Santa Cruz
Ordered: 10/03/21
Confirmed: 12/14/21 (was told 2-4 months)
No VIN yet.

Was supposed to get my GT delivered tomorrow but they pushed it back to Friday due to issues with the courier (I’m guessing it’s the truck driver shortage which is affecting all things). I have to work Friday so the DA is going to leave the car in my driveway then when I get home she’ll give me the full walkthrough. I gotta say I’m pretty impressed they’re willing to take what will likely be 2 hours of time at 5pm on a Friday to make sure I’m set up and happy with the car, especially since my DA lives in NYC and Providence is a 3 hour drive( or maybe Lucid is getting her a hotel, not sure).

My car is in transit to Millbrae after completing production. My DA did tell me - “there are a lot of cars there so it may be a while before the service techs can look at it.” Whatever that is worth! Email to pay will be received within a day or two she said.
I’d guess at least a week before they get to PDI. Millbrae is slammed and the team there is doing their damnedest to get through all the cars, but there’s a lot of them and more arriving daily. That’s what we get for picking up at the best (and busiest) of all the centers! :D

I’d guess at least a week before they get to PDI. Millbrae is slammed and the team there is doing their damnedest to get through all the cars, but there’s a lot of them and more arriving daily. That’s what we get for picking up at the best (and busiest) of all the centers! :D
Sorry but Beverly Hills is better! That's why it's the flagship store...

THE DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!

I got my VIN! Greys are truly on their way.
FINALLY! Great to hear. The First Grey VIN reported on the forum. Means that they are “back to the future” and processing 2019 orders now. Three years of orders to go!

FINALLY! Great to hear. The First Grey VIN reported on the forum. Means that they are “back to the future” and processing 2019 orders now. Three years of orders to go!
I am guessing they got the last reds assigned, and we see nothing but greys until the greys are caught up. They had slowed VIN assignments for the last week and I bet it picks up now unless they have problems with the paint.

My DA said he got a batch of 20 grey VINs today, so I'm guessing they're going to come hard and fast. Said 7-10 days for ready to ship, but a lot have been faster. Hoping to have the car by the 2nd week of May!

My DA said he got a batch of 20 grey VINs today, so I'm guessing they're going to come hard and fast. Said 7-10 days for ready to ship, but a lot have been faster. Hoping to have the car by the 2nd week of May!

Wow, 20. I imagine they've shifted major priority towards churning out Greys.

My DA sent me an email today. Re-iterated the “by the end of the month” line. With your comments, it is making me less skeptical that they will miss it again. If they are telling you 2nd week of May, then hopefully mine will be within 10 days after that. It’s a win-win for both Lucid and me to meet that date. I would have my car before a cross country trip and Lucid won’t have to store it at the studio for a month and wait for their money.

Does anyone know if they assign VINs after cars are painted, or prior?

I’d be very hesitant, myself. Having said that, friends of ours drove to LA 2 weeks ago to pick theirs up and drove it back to Palm Springs on the 10. They didn’t have any problems except after a 2 hour orientation they gOT upon delivery they couldn’t remember anything they were told.
I actually went ahead and did the trip, PSTom. Once I was confident I'd have enough juice to make it into LA, it was pretty simple. The biggest problem was all the bugs I had to scrape off the car when I got back.

AGT, Grey / Santa Cruz
Ordered: 10/03/21
Confirmed: 12/14/21 (was told 2-4 months)
No VIN yet.
oof, same config here except that I only ordered it a couple weeks ago. Did you hear from your DA?
Have they been able to give you any information yet?

Grey and Silver are pretty much non-existent right now. My SA said Grey and Red were the most popular colors at their location.

looks like they will be producing Greys for a while now (to make up for the back orders).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back