Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DA told me the same thing a couple of days ago. So it seems like it is really happening.
Still waiting for someone on the forum to announce that they personally have their VIN. Members here are such a small subset of all the Lucid reservation holders out there.

It'll be interesting to see if any other colors are assigned VINs over the next few weeks. Hopefully they figure out the Grays by the time they start Tourings... I want Grey but don't want the delay.

... "We have your vehicle in production now, with a projected window for VIN assignment during the 2nd week of April." ...

Gray, Mojave, 19" wheels, reserved 12/2019 and confirmed 11/8/2021.
Another 2019 reservation holder (near @Neurio) to watch for a VIN.

Hey @tomfence - are you getting your car brought to you next Wednesday 4/20? If so, I heard about your upcoming delivery today. :)
Yes, I am. I had to squeeze it between my buddy’s surprise 50th back in Philly this weekend, and a spinal disc replacement on Friday. Here’s to hoping I can avoid covid in my travels, because I am desperate to get this disc replaced :)
How did you hear about the delivery?

I don't understand why you're so negative. It's just a forum. Lighten up man...
I laughed at another grey delay from Steve. I assumed he was kidding around. The selfish bit in me wanted them to continue reds until I got mine, but I know that fair is fair, and it is time for the people who think grey is a good color to get their turn. :)

For the tracker… GT Zenith Red w/ 20” wheels and Santa Cruz. Reserved 12/7/21. Ordered 3/5/22. Received a call from my DA Ross on 4/13/22 saying that the 20” wheels production date “delayed” until July, so potentially an August delivery date. Asked if I wanted to change to 19 or 21. He said delivery window with that wheel option for me would be Jun-Aug. Stuck with the 20’s. Then he asked if I had heard about the new GT-P. I‘m happy sticking with my original order, thank you.

Please add to the tracker:
Air GT - Zenith Red, Mojave, 21s
Reservation 11/24/21
Invitation to configure 1/5/22
Confirmed 3/26/22

It'll be interesting to see if any other colors are assigned VINs over the next few weeks. Hopefully they figure out the Grays by the time they start Tourings... I want Grey but don't want the delay.

I laughed at another grey delay from Steve. I assumed he was kidding around. The selfish bit in me wanted them to continue reds until I got mine, but I know that fair is fair, and it is time for the people who think grey is a good color to get their turn. :)

Given December 28th confirmation, getting VIN April 24 to May 1st would suit me fine. Given current delivery times that should put my car in Millbrae mid June.

...He said delivery window with that wheel option for me would be Jun-Aug...
....current delivery times that should put my car in Millbrae mid June.

These timelines make me think Tourings won't be ready to produce until August or September with delivery set for late September for the very first one (last day of Q3).

These timelines make me think Tourings won't be ready to produce until August or September with delivery set for late September for the very first one (last day of Q3).
Unless they can pick up speed at the plant, that might be the optimistic scenario. There hasn’t been any ramp up to speak of this year.

Yes, I am. I had to squeeze it between my buddy’s surprise 50th back in Philly this weekend, and a spinal disc replacement on Friday. Here’s to hoping I can avoid covid in my travels, because I am desperate to get this disc replaced :)
How did you hear about the delivery?
I was speaking with the Seattle-based delivery person who was unavailable to schedule my pickup for that day because she was driving to Bend. She seemed super excited. Living her best life! Congrats and be safe on all of it.

That's quite a hike. Some notes if you haven't headed over Donner or across northern Nevada before:
  • Outside Sac in Rocklin there's an EA at Sierra College, by the Target.
  • The drive over Donner can be gorgeous in good weather, and a nightmare in bad. We've been getting snow off and on, and it'll keep doing that for the next week.
  • In Truckee the EA charger is by the Save Mart; exit 89S to Tahoe and it's on the right. There's a lot of good food in town, but it is not near the charger and all of Downtown Truckee is pay parking 24/7.
  • Northern Nevada is...a dead zone. Truckers especially drive like maniacs, and check the weather for high winds. Dust will eat your paint, and Tumbleweeds will destroy windshields (speaking from experience). Check the weather before heading east out of Reno.
Thank you I will be sure to check it out.

I think we both know they have indeed ramped up this year from 1-2 cars a day they were doing in January 2022.
At most 10 cars per day, likely over to 5 but we will see in late May with the Q1 earnings call. It’s in the 5-10 range which they were likely doing in January. At 10 per day, it’s less than 4000 in 2022. That won’t even get all of the GTs produced. Yes they will ramp over the next 8 months, but there is no way they will deliver a Pure with the stats after 1/3 of the year is gone.

Does anyone have any intel---or even educated guesses---about the following:

1) Assuming 25,000+ reservations, how are they spread among DE, GT, Touring, and Pure?

2) From the small sample size so far, what % of reservation holders decline to commit when their number is called (or ask for their deposit back before)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back