Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my prediction. All those cars with white covers on them are all grey. They are going to call us all on the 11th to give our VIN’s and delivery by the end of the month.

where is the “flying pig” emoji???

Not sure how we’re supposed to update the batch tracker, but I received my vin on 3/22 and was told that the car is now in transit to Seattle store for delivery to my Bend, Oregon location once it arrives. Also received my invite to pay today. I was also told that things are accelerating re: delivery, so good luck to all waiting.

Simply posting allows me to update, please feel free to post again once you receive your car. Can you confirm you kept the Santa Cruz interior? If so, you'd be our first Santa Cruz delivery. Otherwise, what interior did you change to (if you did)?

My dog
After my dog encounters the Santa Cruz carpet, it’ll look far worse than the rejected batch.
My dog sheds white hair. Will look much better in the Santa Cruz than the Mojave ;)

APRIL 4TH 2022
Entire top section is gone! Quite a bit more in the bottom.
View attachment 1383
Stupid question but do we know that the difference between the top and bottom lots are? Or is it a case of just fill the space until the truck comes to collect….

Stupid question but do we know that the difference between the top and bottom lots are? Or is it a case of just fill the space until the truck comes to collect….

@mnewber1 noticed a fence between the two lots. And I’ve only seen car carriers in the bottom lot. So, I’d assume cars in the bottom lot are ready for shipping. Cars in the top lot are probably awaiting white carpet or grey paint. :)

Yep. I got lucky with color choices. Was all excited and a tad guilty getting VIN in February with 11/30 confirmation. Not quite so excited now. Monday I’m going to tell them to forget sending to Florida where my PPF and ceramic is set up and just send to CT. As I’ve said before, in the grand scheme of things, it’s not that big of a deal. I am sure I will love the car when I get it. Now I will just find a PPF shop in Fairfield County CT.
Sent the note today to DA saying, unless it’s on a truck already, just ship to CT. I get a text back saying my car arrived at the Riviera Service center this morning! He said the service center knew my deadline (Friday) and if they couldn’t have the car ready by then, they would ship to CT. A little bit of a roller coaster but trending in right direction.

This is how I see it:

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 5.54.16 PM.png

That has me concerned that there's been a halt on the production line
Very normal in the early stages of production, not a surprise in the current climate.

Today was a great vindication.

@mnewber1 Got an email from my DA with it this morning. 12/14/2021 confirmation, 4/5/2022 VIN, White / Santa Cruz / 19"

I also scheduled my wrap at OCDetailing for end of this month, so timing looks like it could line up perfectly.

I would settle for first Grey. It appears interiors are no longer an issue.

Evidently the "Harmony Process" for Grey has been more difficult and is taking longer than they thought it would be, according to my DA and his boss. I had to look it up and evidently they are having a hard time getting the various grey bits to match up to each other color-wise. Might we end up getting a Grey Camo GT???

I would settle for first Grey. It appears interiors are no longer an issue.

Evidently the "Harmony Process" for Grey has been more difficult that the thought it would be, according to my DA and his boss. I had to look it up and evidently they are having a hard time getting the various grey bits to match up to each other color-wise. Might we end up getting a Grey Camo GT???
That is what I was told. They rejected a batch of Grey paint because it did not match their color specs. That caused the delay and they moved on with other colors until that issue was solved.

Yea, I brought that up and they basically said they had not heard about any type of paint from a supplier being rejected. It was specifically blamed on the Harmony Process taking longer and being more difficult than they anticipated.

The Harmony Process is getting the various bits that might be painted at different times, locations, etc. to fall within a certain tolerance. This can be impacted by environmental conditions or any host of things. It generally isn't dependent on paint batches and can be manipulated at the production facility. For simplicity sake, you can use paint out of the same "can" to paint the bumper in one room and the doors in another room, or at different times of the day even, and get a slightly different shade. Unfortunately, it sounds much more complex than getting a supplier to fix a batch of paint.

If any of you get an update on the grey paint situation, let us know. I will ask when I speak to my DA as well. I really want the grey, so willing to wait.

I am supposed to get an update on Thursday. Hopefully, there will be something to pass onto those interested. I am not holding my breath though. I have let them know what I think of this "grey delay" and I would have thought they would have wanted to relay any remotely good news proactively. No communication leads me to believe they have no good news to tell. I have also had my DA tell me that he would let me know as soon as the first VIN is released for a grey car. So, either there have been no VIN's released for a grey car or he was just trying to say something to try and keep me happy at that moment with no real intent to follow through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back