• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Adnillien Congrats!

Very jealous. Can't wait to take delivery.

It was relatively easy to keep my excitement under control, but now that GT deliveries are taking place it's really ramping up.

SWEET! I am hoping for today or tomorrow delivery! Fingers and toes crossed!
Very jealous of you both, but hoping to have some good news on the VIN front soon.

I'm seriously procrastinating today to avoid writing a long technical document, so here are a few screen caps from Bear's Workshop's 3/3 flyover. A fair number of AGTs with 21" wheels outside. Most of the uncovered ones appear to be black or white. Obviously, you can't differentiate 19" DE vs AGT. And I might have missed a car or two, but it's looking encouraging.

2022-03-04.png

As of the conference call, they had made 300 deliveries, likely at least 99% of those Dreams. So that leaves ‘only‘ 220 Drems left. Fair numbers of those would be either on route or at the studios prepped for delivery. All the Dreams I’ll have been ‘produced’ by now, but the remaining sitting around waiting for fit and finish parts (presumably many or most of the wrapped cars) Anything new coming out of the production line will be a GT, either for customers or studio test drive vehicles. The SD studio said that the car they were expecting went to another studio and their ‘replacement‘ car is on the production line (it better not be Grey or it’s taking @Neurio or my spot on the line!).

As of the conference call, they had made 300 deliveries, likely at least 99% of those Dreams. So that leaves ‘only‘ 220 Drems left. Fair numbers of those would be either on route or at the studios prepped for delivery. All the Dreams I’ll have been ‘produced’ by now, but the remaining sitting around waiting for fit and finish parts (presumably many or most of the wrapped cars) Anything new coming out of the production line will be a GT, either for customers or studio test drive vehicles. The SD studio said that the car they were expecting went to another studio and their ‘replacement‘ car is on the production line (it better not be Grey or it’s taking @Neurio or my spot on the line!).

Unfortunately, it seems those cars will sit there until the nationwide shortage of white carpets is alleviated.

Heard from my DA today. He said that he’s seeing 10 to 15 VIN’s come through daily for customers who ordered in November with the first batch of GT’s shipping last week.

He anticipates I’ll get my VIN in the next few weeks and delivery times are around 4 to 6 weeks from the time the VIN is issued.

For reference - I confirmed my order Jan 5th
Interesting. You’ve got Tahoe interior too, so if you get a VIN before me (mid-Dec confirmation, Santa Cruz) that would imply a fair delay on the interior parts.

I'm seriously procrastinating today to avoid writing a long technical document, so here are a few screen caps from Bear's Workshop's 3/3 flyover. A fair number of AGTs with 21" wheels outside. Most of the uncovered ones appear to be black or white. Obviously, you can't differentiate 19" DE vs AGT. And I might have missed a car or two, but it's looking encouraging.
If my post count is anything to go by right now, I'm doing the same...(though not about technical docs)

The Bear's workshop pics are pretty encouraging. Once we see the remaining dreams start moving off quickly then that should mean the interior parts are sorted.

AGT reserved 12/19/19. Confirmed 11/08/21.

Quantum Grey, Mojave Interior, 19" Wheels

I was told Q1 for delivery, but haven't heard a peep from my DA since Jan. 14. I emailed both the DA and the HQ DA he intro'd me to on 3/1, but neither has responded. No VIN yet.

I was told Q1 for delivery, but haven't heard a peep from my DA since Jan. 14. I emailed both the DA and the HQ DA he intro'd me to on 3/1, but neither has responded. No VIN yet.
Welcome to the club of boredom waiting for the Grays to be produced :rolleyes:

Heard from my DA today. He said that he’s seeing 10 to 15 VIN’s come through daily for customers who ordered in November with the first batch of GT’s shipping last week.

He anticipates I’ll get my VIN in the next few weeks and delivery times are around 4 to 6 weeks from the time the VIN is issued.

For reference - I confirmed my order Jan 5th
That is not what my DA is saying. She is utterly worthless in keeping me informed.. She is only saying, just in an email reply today, that "Our Grand Touring vehicles officially started production a couple of weeks ago." I specifically asked if she anticipates I will get the car delivered by the end of the 4 month delivery window, and if not what might be the reason why. She stated "I have not been alerted of any issues that would affect your delivery timeline, and I do not anticipate there to be an issue." which is a crock of s**t. If she doesn't have a VIN, there is no way my car is being delivered by the end of the month which would be 4 months. Look my car up on the damn production schedule, for crying out loud. This is not rocket science. Just be honest here. Lucid, if you are listening, please don't have your DAs lie and don't have them spout an uninformative company line to be secretive. Tell them to be upfront about delays. Realistically, I think my DA should be fired. I am not happy about the communication, or more specifically, the lack of it. I certainly expect better service which is what they publicly state. They can see what their production line is doing and they KNOW if a car will not hit the timelines when it we are now talking under 4 weeks and not 4 months.

I apologize for my rant, but I have been patient and just want answers which are not being given.

I was supposed to have a Q1 delivery too. My DA responds to an email in a few days after I send it, but her answers are company bulls**t stock answers which are completely uninformative.

That is not what my DA is saying. She is utterly worthless in keeping me informed.. She is only saying, just in an email reply today, that "Our Grand Touring vehicles officially started production a couple of weeks ago." I specifically asked if she anticipates I will get the car delivered by the end of the 4 month delivery window, and if not what might be the reason why. She stated "I have not been alerted of any issues that would affect your delivery timeline, and I do not anticipate there to be an issue." which is a crock of s**t. If she doesn't have a VIN, there is no way my car is being delivered by the end of the month which would be 4 months. Look my car up on the damn production schedule, for crying out loud. This is not rocket science. Just be honest here. Lucid, if you are listening, please don't have your DAs lie and don't have them spout an uninformative company line to be secretive. Tell them to be upfront about delays. Realistically, I think my DA should be fired. I am not happy about the communication, or more specifically, the lack of it. I certainly expect better service which is what they publicly state. They can see what their production line is doing and they KNOW if a car will not hit the timelines when it we are now talking under 4 weeks and not 4 months.

I apologize for my rant, but I have been patient and just want answers which are not being given.
You can always request a new DA. When I was going through the process, I got swapped to a new DA and after speaking with them, requesting my old one back.

I was supposed to have a Q1 delivery too. My DA responds to an email in a few days after I send it, but her answers are company bulls**t stock answers which are completely uninformative.
Hell, we may have the same DA. I’ve sent a few emails over the last 2 weeks, and I haven’t gotten a single response. I know it’s frustrating, but I’ve just learned to deal with, I figure when I need to know something, they will tell me.

Hell, we may have the same DA. I’ve sent a few emails over the last 2 weeks, and I haven’t gotten a single response. I know it’s frustrating, but I’ve just learned to deal with, I figure when I need to know something, they will tell me.
Pardon another rant.....
I'm sorry, but I don't think is should be something that I just have to deal with. If I wanted poor customer service , I'd buy a Tesla. I DO expect more and I DO expect to be updated, even if it is just a short note to check-in by my DA. The BS email reply that she has "not been alerted" to anything that could cause delay is unacceptable. You don't sit and twiddle your thumbs waiting to hear something. It is less than 4 weeks for my delivery window and the earliest ones have already passed. She wont even acknowledge that it is not possible to receive my car within the original delivery window. I just expect her to be a little more proactive. Hell, I was alerted to something that could cause a delay on the earnings conference call. I am not even an employee. She should ask.

Pardon another rant.....
I'm sorry, but I don't think is should be something that I just have to deal with. If I wanted poor customer service , I'd buy a Tesla. I DO expect more and I DO expect to be updated, even if it is just a short note to check-in by my DA. The BS email reply that she has "not been alerted" to anything that could cause delay is unacceptable. You don't sit and twiddle your thumbs waiting to hear something. It is less than 4 weeks for my delivery window and the earliest ones have already passed. She wont even acknowledge that it is not possible to receive my car within the original delivery window. I just expect her to be a little more proactive. Hell, I was alerted to something that could cause a delay on the earnings conference call. I am not even an employee. She should ask.
Trust me, I understand your frustrations. I have many clients that I have to tell the same thing as these DAs, simply because my supplier has no answer. The DAs are only as good as the information given to them by the higher-ups. Her refusal to acknowledge the likely missed deadline is annoying, but who knows, she may be following orders from her superiors. It would be nice to just get clarity on what is impacted in the build process (it looks increasingly likely it is the Santa Cruz carpeting along with the Santa Monica). But we on this forum have had to deduce it for ourselves.

Last edited:
Pardon another rant.....
I would ask to speak to her supervisor and be assigned another DA as you can see from these forums people are getting more info from their DA than you. I reached out to mine asking what the impact on delays were after the earnings call. He responded with with something that didn't come across as a canned response from management.

I would ask to speak to her supervisor and be assigned another DA as you can see from these forums people are getting more info from their DA than you. I reached out to mine asking what the impact on delays were after the earnings call. He responded with with something that didn't come across as a canned response from management.
I followed up with another email today. Expect to hear something by Monday or Tuesday from her. I mentioned specifically the items from the conference call. I guess it boils down to wanting it on a series of trips so I can avoid hundreds of dollars in gas. I had a couple in February which I was hopeful not really expecting it by then as those were in the 2-1/2 to 3 month range (from confirmation). It was more of an expectation by the end of next week for one as that was 3-1/2 months in. I fully felt that there would be no way it would not have arrived by my late April trip. That, I thought, was a no brainer. However, from where it stands today, I am feeling that having it by that trip is in doubt. I might not even have it in May for a cross-country trip at the rate it is going.

What are the initials of your DA? We may have the same one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back