Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On May 13th I changed my April 11th Gray, Tahoe confirmed order to a Red, Tahoe order. The DA said it should not delay my yet to be determined delivery date. We will see.
My "order confirmed" email is dated April 11 for a gray AGT with Tahoe and 21". On May 13th I changed that order to Red and all else stayed the same.

Just note that DAs do have access to the “planned” list of builds and prioritized manufacturer dates/order. At bare minimum, Lucid is communicating and is aware of the order priority and queue car orders/builds are going into the factory. That priority list (as of now) is supposedly still accurate. Note the estimated dates I’ve been given below (which are pretty darn reasonable really).

GT
Zenith Red
Santa Cruz
19”

Order confirmed 04/26/22
Estimated factory date: End of June Early July and August at the latest
Estimated delivery time after factory: 2-8 weeks max

Honestly, I’m reading more doom and gloom in these forums than I (someone who does work for an EV competitor on their software) seems to think is justified. Lucid is doing a pretty good job for someone who just started actually delivering cars in Oct/Nov 2021 for the very first time and I’m excited to see when they hit a proper uptick.
"Estimated delivery time after factory: 2-8 weeks max"

They could sure improve Working Capital by figuring out how to deliver faster!

The "Grey Delay" is pretty frustrating. I totally agree with the others on the forum, having had my order confirmed early Nov and my VIN given at the end of Apr, I still have no news from Lucid. Also it is true, the DA's don't reach out, you have to be on top of them. Frustrating. I was really hoping that I would get my car by June 1st, now I am hoping I will get it before June 15th. But I agree, I would rather they fix everything before delivering it to me. And hopefully another software update would be even better. But I am not holding my breath.

Though I am waiting patiently for my VIN my wife asked me earlier if I had ever paid so much for a vehicle that had so much missing.
I had to admit the answer was…. No.

Though I am waiting patiently for my VIN my wife asked me earlier if I had ever paid so much for a vehicle that had so much missing.
I had to admit the answer was…. No.
It's a big gulp to be sure.

Last edited:
"Estimated delivery time after factory: 2-8 weeks max"

They could sure improve Working Capital by figuring out how to deliver faster!
It used to be 2-6 weeks from VIN assignment and they said deliveries had been improving to between 2-4 weeks post VIN. However, my car is 4 weeks out and still at the factory.

I'm going to just sit back and wait for my AGT, hoping it takes long enough that the car is basically stable by the time I need to pay or leave. In the meantime I'll keep watching Polestar, Volvo and others for interesting alternatives.

I'm going to just sit back and wait for my AGT, hoping it takes long enough that the car is basically stable by the time I need to pay or leave. In the meantime I'll keep watching Polestar, Volvo and others for interesting alternatives.
Oh it's stable! Just lacking some stuff

Yea, Lucid needs to start making some progress, in deliveries and in software, or they are going to start losing customers and get left behind by others offering a better overall product.

Update on my Gray GT. And another person pretty unhappy with Eugene as my DA.

Hadn't heard from DA in weeks since getting my VIN. Called and spoke with him and he gave me a whole bunch of estimates that summed up to should have the car around mid-May. After another couple weeks of hearing nothing, I called again, but couldn't get a hold of Eugene. I spoke with a different DA, can't remember the name, but he was able to give me more information than Eugene ever has. This was on 5/16. He told me the car arrived at the Goose Island service center on 5/13, and estimated two weeks from there for delivery.

I haven't been on the forums for a while, so now seeing there's more QC issues, I'm not optimistic I'll have the car at the end of this week as he estimated. I'll call again in a couple hours and see if I can get another update. Has anyone contacted the service center directly to try to get updates on their car?

Hadn't heard from DA in weeks since getting my VIN. Called and spoke with him and he gave me a whole bunch of estimates that summed up to should have the car around mid-May. After another couple weeks of hearing nothing, I called again, but couldn't get a hold of Eugene. I spoke with a different DA, can't remember the name, but he was able to give me more information than Eugene ever has. This was on 5/16. He told me the car arrived at the Goose Island service center on 5/13, and estimated two weeks from there for delivery.

I haven't been on the forums for a while, so now seeing there's more QC issues, I'm not optimistic I'll have the car at the end of this week as he estimated. I'll call again in a couple hours and see if I can get another update. Has anyone contacted the service center directly to try to get updates on their car?
Yes, I did. I don't think they're allowed to say anything because they put me back in contact with my DA.

Seems odd to truck a car from Arizona to Chicago, in order to prep it for delivery in TX...

Seems odd to truck a car from Arizona to Chicago, in order to prep it for delivery in TX...
One of the most pretentious sounding life events that impressed me to no end as a poor college student, was flying all the way over to Europe to ”pick up your car at the Porsche/BMW/Mercedes Benz/insert-upmarket-over-priced-European-marque-of-your-choice, factory.”

If anyone from Lucid is reading this, maybe you could set up a programme for customers to fly in or drive in, to pick up their car at your factory. We can have our egos stroked once more in an elaborate “handover ceremony”, and avoid the risk of our brand new cars being damaged in transit.

Many of us with April VINs still have our cars still in production at Casa Grande. i have now given up on calling or emailing my DA and now have zero interest in getting it anytime soon. If they ever finish it and get it to the delivery center, they can keep the buggy pile of crap there for a while until I return from a long trip and figure out what I want to do.

One of the most pretentious sounding life events that impressed me to no end as a poor college student, was flying all the way over to Europe to ”pick up your car at the Porsche/BMW/Mercedes Benz/insert-upmarket-over-priced-European-marque-of-your-choice, factory.”

If anyone from Lucid is reading this, maybe you could set up a programme for customers to fly in or drive in, to pick up their car at your factory. We can have our egos stroked once more in an elaborate “handover ceremony”, and avoid the risk of our brand new cars being damaged in transit.

I asked about this when I placed my order originally.

got hold of Eugene, he confirmed all deliveries and production has been halted pending this 3rd Inspection. Told me now my June7th delivery is no longer confirmed And he should be getting another update on deliveries tomorrow or Wednesday. 🥶😣

Last edited:
I just tried to call Eugene and my call ‘failed’. Did the poor guy get fired? I liked him and he seemed eager to please.

He is/was my DA. I have a family issue right now so haven't been able to talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back