Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it seem like there are so many cancellations? I wonder what the reason is

Why does it seem like there are so many cancellations? I wonder what the reason is
I think a lot of folks are tired of the delays. Look at all the folks on this forum that say they also have deposites on MB, BMW, Rivian etc. What interests me is it appears they will take any of many EV’s as long as it is sooner than later and don’t care which brand it might be.

Also all the reports on the Internet of the Air having software problems that cars 1/2-1/3 the price do not. Bad press sells…..or not.

I confirmed my Grey-Tahoe-21” wheels GT on 12/14/21. Yesterday I talked to my DA and he said he didn’t have a projected date for me to get my VIN. Today, he called me to say that a customer had canceled on a car equipped identically as my order. The car is already in Goose Island but he said it could be shipped to the Florida Riviera Beach service center and have it delivered to me in about 10 days. I should have the VIN tomorrow, so it looks like I could end up with one of the first Grey GT deliveries!
I also confirmed 12/14/21 for a Grey-Tahoe, and I’m an hour away from Chicago. ::looks at you sternly:: ::shakes head:::
Seriously though, congratulations! Hope it goes smoothly.

Placing production on hold for a week? Of course they are, since my car is, most likely, still on the line approaching completion. I wonder what my DA would say if I ask about this? I wonder if it will ultimately result in a better product? I hope so.

Some were just opportunistic I think. I remember when teslas first took reservations people jumped on it and resold their spot for thousands. Then there are many I'm sure who have to tighten their wallets now. Last 4 months have been brutal for the stock market.

I think a lot of folks are tired of the delays. Look at all the folks on this forum that say they also have deposites on MB, BMW, Rivian etc. What interests me is it appears they will take any of many EV’s as long as it is sooner than later and don’t care which brand it might be.

Also all the reports on the Internet of the Air having software problems that cars 1/2-1/3 the price do not. Bad press sells…..or not.
At least unlike rivian lucid didn't jack the prices on those with a reservation. Quite honestly I follow all the new EVs and tesla and nobody is having a good time waiting. 20 years ago it probably wouldn't feel as bad but today customers tend to work themselves up on forums and have taught themselves that if it takes more than 3 clicks on a phone or 2 days longer than prime shipping then it is too long and stressful.

I also confirmed 12/14/21 for a Grey-Tahoe, and I’m an hour away from Chicago. ::looks at you sternly:: ::shakes head:::
Seriously though, congratulations! Hope it goes smoothly.
Well that’s weird. I remember you and I had the same configuration.

Anyone just get an email from lucid communicating price increases of GT to 154k and asking to confirm order by June 30 to lock in the original price??

Placing production on hold for a week? Of course they are, since my car is, most likely, still on the line approaching completion. I wonder what my DA would say if I ask about this? I wonder if it will ultimately result in a better product? I hope so.

I think it’s on the delivery side, not the production. But I didn’t listen to the earnings call.

Anyone just get an email from lucid communicating price increases of GT to 154k and asking to confirm order by June 30 to lock in the original price??
Yes I got the email also and delivery was 22 Apr. Made me want to order another so maybe they are on to something 🤔

O
Yes I got the email also and delivery was 22 Apr. Made me want to order another so maybe they are on to something 🤔
Thanks!! I was worried that my confirmation had been “lost” and I was being sent back in the queue

Good news! My Q. grey AGT has arrived in Scottsdale. Received a notice it was at end of line last Friday and a call today it arrived last night at the service center. Said it would be ready for pickup pending nothing wrong next Wednesday or Thursday. They are definitely picking up the pace. VIN was 4/22

Good news! My Q. grey AGT has arrived in Scottsdale. Received a notice it was at end of line last Friday and a call today it arrived last night at the service center. Said it would be ready for pickup pending nothing wrong next Wednesday or Thursday. They are definitely picking up the pace. VIN was 4/22
Nice - congrats! When did you confirm the order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back