Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An hour out from being Ubered to short hill show room they tell me the cars passenger door won’t open from the outside and there is a piece of misaligned window trim. I will need to wait 2 more days. That means pushing back wrap and clear coat appointments till who knows. Very disappointed.

An hour out from being Ubered to short hill show room they tell me the cars passenger door won’t open from the outside and there is a piece of misaligned window trim. I will need to wait 2 more days. That means pushing back wrap and clear coat appointments till who knows. Very disappointed.
I feel ya, had to delay PPF twice already due to service needs, but hang in there, it will get sorted out. The service is phenomenal, it’s the factory that appears to need better quality control.

Yes, but the defroster vents are not clicked on.
Had this problem once as well. Had to randomly toggle my other vents including seat vent on and off (even though they were all supposedly off) and eventually I got strong airflow through the front vents. Haven’t done the reset method yet but I might do so if this happens again to me.

I think those pics from Bears might be older pics and those are all DE's. I don't think he flies directly over any longer, but I may be wrong.

Are we seeing Dream Editions in there? Seeing a number of them that look gold, but can't tell if any are Grey...

Those pictures are from last month (March 13, 2022).

There is a guy who goes by the new Steve Dutcher who flies right over the factory since they haven't served him with a cease and desist I assume lol.

Those pictures are from last month (March 13, 2022).

There is a guy who goes by the new Steve Dutcher who flies right over the factory since they haven't served him with a cease and desist I assume lol.
In the category of "no PR is bad PR"...

Speaking of PR, I just got my pencils! Should I consider this part of the planned sequence of my order, or just a random delivery when the pencil factory was ready?

Should I consider this part of the planned sequence of my order, or just a random delivery when the pencil factory was ready?
Unfortunately, I believe logistics are randomly handled by Blackwing and Lucid just sends the name and address to them.

Unfortunately, I believe logistics are randomly handled by Blackwing and Lucid just sends the name and address to them.
Yeah, sorry - tongue was too far in the cheek on that comment!

Ok, I talked to the service center and yes they drill holes in the bumper to mount the kit. In fact, I was very specific that I do not want this done. The service center notes read "install plate mount on front" instead of my instructions. Since my car was delivered first to Chicago, the Houston center could not tell me if the car had already been "vandalized" with the installation. My DA did not have any answers, but he is following up and should let me know tomorrow. After all the issues and frustrations, I am considering just cancelling if it comes in with the mount I specifically refused. I have been looking at other options, such as hide-a-plates etc. (Comes out when activated via remote.)

I hope your plate mount is not installed. That would be incredibly frustrating! I live in Dallas and have not had a front plate on my car in like 15 years. No issues or tickets.

That sucks. At least they found it before you picked car up. Seems like factory needs to do some better quality control. I’ll be picking up mine at Short Hills as well. Where are you getting it wrapped?

Ok, I talked to the service center and yes they drill holes in the bumper to mount the kit. In fact, I was very specific that I do not want this done. The service center notes read "install plate mount on front" instead of my instructions. Since my car was delivered first to Chicago, the Houston center could not tell me if the car had already been "vandalized" with the installation. My DA did not have any answers, but he is following up and should let me know tomorrow. After all the issues and frustrations, I am considering just cancelling if it comes in with the mount I specifically refused. I have been looking at other options, such as hide-a-plates etc. (Comes out when activated via remote.)
They have paperwork which has a waiver you sign if you don’t want front plates installed, it was in my packet, so they probably won’t install the plates. I have to have them for Rhode Island state law and they very much enforce it BUT they did a good job and it blends in well with the car but I don’t think they’d do it, and if they did do it and you signed the paperwork in the DocuSign saying no front plates then they should replace the front bumper.

A hard reset, either the turn signal one or the lock click one and walking away for a minute
OK will try.
As a suggestion I'm sure you've already tried, make sure you have turned the knobs to open the vents the right way. I only say that bc shortly after I got the car I turned them the wrong way. I could hear plenty of noise but no air. Was not my finest moment and I'm likely the only one with that sort of intelligence. But in case not, I figured I'd throw it out there.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Turned the round knobs on the vents and it seems much better. Not as noisy and more air, though not as much as I would like.

Will see how it does as the weather gets warmer

. I guess I am in the boat with you in "not my finest moment". I appreciate yours and everybody else's advice.

Just confirmed my order
Reserved Pure 03/30/2022
Upgraded to GT 04/01/2022
Upgraded to GT-P 04/12/2022
Confirmed 05/04/2022

Cosmos Silver/Mojave, 21" Wheels, Canada

Just confirmed my order
Reserved Pure 03/30/2022
Confirmed 05/04/2022

Wow...now that's upselling at its finest! Would love to know the thought process from Pure to GT...then GT to GT-P. Was the car features that drove the upgrades? Influence from this board or elsewhere? Quicker delivery?

Just confirmed my order
Reserved Pure 03/30/2022
Confirmed 05/04/2022

Are you the first in this forum to order the GTP?

Wow...now that's upselling at its finest! Would love to know the thought process from Pure to GT...then GT to GT-P. Was the car features that drove the upgrades? Influence from this board or elsewhere? Quicker delivery?
I subconsciously always wanted to do GT down the line because of the glass roof (I feared that the metal roof would make me feel claustrophobic). The faster delivery timeframe also helped. I definitely wanted a Dream Edition Performance, but was too late to join the order books, so when GT Performance was announced I jumped on to upgrade my order.
Are you the first in this forum to order the GTP?
Not sure about this forum, but I think it could be the first in Canada, since I managed to mess around with the Lucid website to order the car before anyone else in Canada could.

My DA said I am still on track to get my Grey GT in mid-June but it is possible that it gets pushed off to the first or second week of July. But right now things are on track... I suspect this really means mid-July, not mid-June. But the communication is there (I did reach out and plane to reach out every couple of weeks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back