Grand Touring Deliveries?

i am looking forward to the first AGT customers getting their VIN assignments and seeing how fast they move through the confirmation batches.

I’m trying to see how many AGT confirmation batches there are. I know there was a 11/2, 11/16 and 11/30. Then one in mid December. Another one, it appears was for the very late reservations, in early January. So that is five batches for all the AGTs, except for maybe the very recently ordered cars.Perhaps there were about 500 orders per batch which would amount to 2000 AGT reservations and consistent with my calculations. At two week intervals, they are expecting to produce and deliver 250 cars per week wHich is way below where they would need to be for 20k this year. They are currently delivering about 40 per week so my calculated number is still a significant increase to the current run rate.
I confirmed 11/15 and have also been confirmed in the first batch entering production now, so your estimates may be a bit off.

I confirmed 11/15 and have also been confirmed in the first batch entering production now, so your estimates may be a bit off.
That is great news if your car is already in production. i was in the 11/30 confirmation batch. Can I ask what your specifications were? Color? interior? Wheels? It is possible that they are batching some of the color options of the early confirmed orders.

My estimates were in response to a post that 40% of the Reservations were AGTs. I was saying at most there were likely 2000. I would be pleased if they had fewer cars in each batch of emails to order. It would mean my car is further up the production list!

I wonder what confirmation dates will be included in batch #1? I know there were several people who confirmed on Nov 2-3 and then another group around Nov 15-17. Maybe these will be batches #1 and #2.
Not sure about the first batch, but it may have been all pre-2021 Reservations. I know the second batch ended with reservation dates in about Feb/March 2021. The third batch ended in September 2021. The December 15th batch went into November 2021.

Not sure about the first batch, but it may have been all pre-2021 Reservations. I know the second batch ended with reservation dates in about Feb/March 2021. The third batch ended in September 2021. The December 15th batch went into November 2021.

I reserved in September of 2020 and confirmed on Nov 15th, so definitely hoping I'm in the first batch.

Just go off the phone with my DA and he did confirm that he had made calls today with VIN #'s for a few GT customers.
My DA stated “we are just bringing our first core trim into production” but that VINs were not being assigned yet, just ‘soon’. She also said that production was accelerating on a daily basis.

My DA stated “we are just bringing our first core trim into production” but that VINs were not being assigned yet, just ‘soon’. She also said that production was accelerating on a daily basis.
It seems like some DAs are more loose with their information than others, perhaps a lack in guidelines internally. Whether or not they assigned VINs, starting production is very encouraging!

It seems like some DAs are more loose with their information than others, perhaps a lack in guidelines internally. Whether or not they assigned VINs, starting production is very encouraging!
No one on the board has actually ‘confirmed‘ that they have received their VINs. Right now that is third hand information. Neurio is one of the earliest AGT reservations and he said he had not.

We’ll, my DA surely could have not been telling the truth, but he told me at 4:50pm EST that he “had called a few Grand Touring customers with VIN’s earlier today”. I wasn’t really pressing him, but he also said that today was the first day they could tell people that the GT had started being produced. It all makes sense and given where I am in the order line, I would imagine getting a call in the next few weeks. I confirmed my order on 11/16.

We’ll, my DA surely could have not been telling the truth, but he told me at 4:50pm EST that he “had called a few Grand Touring customers with VIN’s earlier today”. I wasn’t really pressing him, but he also said that today was the first day they could tell people that the GT had started being produced. It all makes sense and given where I am in the order line, I would imagine getting a call in the next few weeks. I confirmed my order on 11/16.
I hope it is all true. It would be great if VINs have been issues.

That is great news if your car is already in production. i was in the 11/30 confirmation batch. Can I ask what your specifications were? Color? interior? Wheels? It is possible that they are batching some of the color options of the early confirmed orders.

My estimates were in response to a post that 40% of the Reservations were AGTs. I was saying at most there were likely 2000. I would be pleased if they had fewer cars in each batch of emails to order. It would mean my car is further up the production list!
Sure. Zenith Red with Tahoe interior and 19" wheels. I had a November 2020 reservation as well.

I'm definitely curious to see who gets their VINs first. Will it truly be chronological (as close as it can be), or will certain color choices get theirs first if they batch the cars? Will they make black/white/red first since they've already done those colors, or is my DA correct in that color choice won't matter anymore? Hopefully we'll all find out soon.

I'm definitely curious to see who gets their VINs first. Will it truly be chronological (as close as it can be), or will certain color choices get theirs first if they batch the cars? Will they make black/white/red first since they've already done those colors, or is my DA correct in that color choice won't matter anymore? Hopefully we'll all find out soon.
They can’t paint all the colors at once. Color choice WILL impact delivery speed. We know that from the DE vehicles. Reds were made last, which means it’s likely they are early for GT.
I would expect red, white, black first as the DE was gold (gone), black, white, red.

I am sure that they are batched by color in some way within the confirmation batches. it is possible that they pull a few few forward from a later batch if they are the right color. But who knows. It is all speculation at this point.

I have no knowledge of how factories work but I don't know what they would've changed to produce in order of orders instead based on colors like they did with DE.

I have no knowledge of how factories work but I don't know what they would've changed to produce in order of orders instead based on colors like they did with DE.

What would need to happen is that Lucid would have to have additional assembly space. This posting from @hmp10 stated that the future paint shop space is right now being used to assemble cars. So, effectively, Lucid can only run one color at a time with red taking additional effort. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucid has been painting body panels ahead of time while working out production gremlins in the other portions of assembly. One can only hope.

I certainly wasn't expecting them to change the color for every single car. I'm just curious how large each color batch will be (10 cars? 100 cars?) to see how close they stick to the chronological order of reservations.

I guess we'll have a rough idea when AGT orders start getting assigned VINs. It would be nice if the reds got done first though. I'm still thinking May for delivery for my mid-December confirmation.

I guess we'll have a rough idea when AGT orders start getting assigned VINs. It would be nice if the reds got done first though. I'm still thinking May for delivery for my mid-December confirmation.
I also confirmed in mid-December. December 14 to be exact. I talked to my Delivery Advisor today, and he's still sticking with the 2-4 months line. Obviously, two months is out of the question (I'd have the car eleven days from now!), but mid-April still seems feasible, or at least within the realm of plausibility!

Back