Grand Touring Deliveries?

Confirmed 11/30. Last call with DA he (sort of) admitted 2-4 months no longer achievable. But party line is 2-4. I'm expecting mine April at best. Like others have said, I'd rather they get it right. I would also like a trade in option to save the sales tax if pricing is reasonable.

Just spoke to my DA. He told me to expect the car late March \ early April (I confirmed my order beginning of Jan). He said I will only have 2 to 3 weeks left to make any changes to my spec before it's locked and ready for production. Told me not to expect to hear from him in February as no real news will happen but come March everything will start moving and will get VIN sort out payment etc.

Honestly, I think this timeline is aggressive given where they're currently at but guess i'll know more in just over a month

On the DE delivery thread, @Adnillien posts that
I just received an email from my DA saying the GT production has started and he is still sticking to delivery by the end of February for my GT that was confirmed on 11/3. I hope that this is accurate.

If accurate (Big IF) then this info and @HC_79 give a range of confirmation / delivery dates. 11/3 confirm = end February delivery. Early January confirm = late March / early April delivery.

We'll see...

On the DE delivery thread, @Adnillien posts that
I just received an email from my DA saying the GT production has started and he is still sticking to delivery by the end of February for my GT that was confirmed on 11/3. I hope that this is accurate.

If accurate (Big IF) then this info and @HC_79 give a range of confirmation / delivery dates. 11/3 confirm = end February delivery. Early January confirm = late March / early April delivery.

We'll see...
If that range is true, then one could envision the Touring reservation holders being asked to confirm by the end of next month for deliveries in late-April / May. I could see Lucid sending out those emails just before the Q4 earnings report.

I received an introduction email but nothing beyond that. In my reply I mentioned I wanted June Delivery at Millbrae.

I received an introduction email but nothing beyond that. In my reply I mentioned I wanted June Delivery at Millbrae.
it is looking like all of the AGTs will be delivered well before June. They may move your vehicle to the end of the queue and mixed with the Tourings for a June delivery.

Just spoke to my DA. He told me to expect the car late March \ early April (I confirmed my order beginning of Jan). He said I will only have 2 to 3 weeks left to make any changes to my spec before it's locked and ready for production. Told me not to expect to hear from him in February as no real news will happen but come March everything will start moving and will get VIN sort out payment etc.

Honestly, I think this timeline is aggressive given where they're currently at but guess i'll know more in just over a month
I like it but am VERY skeptical. I confirmed 11/30 and based on calls with DA don't expect car till mid to late April. And Dreams not even close to done.

it is looking like all of the AGTs will be delivered well before June. They may move your vehicle to the end of the queue and mixed with the Tourings for a June delivery.

I could even accept it being delivered to Millbrae in April and just sit there wrapped. Dealers around the country have cars sitting on their lots.

I like it but am VERY skeptical. I confirmed 11/30 and based on calls with DA don't expect car till mid to late April. And Dreams not even close to done.
You and I are in the same batch. I too am skeptical, but optimistic. If they can deliver the first AGTs in 4 months, then ours would be at the end of March. My DA had said ‘by early Q2’ at the end of December. Thay means sometime in April which was in line with what you heard. My guess is that they are trying to push for a March delivery for the Q1 numbers but are saying early Q2 so they are not held to that.

You and I are in the same batch. I too am skeptical, but optimistic. If they can deliver the first AGTs in 4 months, then ours would be at the end of March. My DA had said ‘by early Q2’ at the end of December. Thay means sometime in April which was in line with what you heard. My guess is that they are trying to push for a March delivery for the Q1 numbers but are saying early Q2 so they are not held to that.
I confirmed in mid-Dec and got mid-Feb/April originally but have always expected May. Pinged my DA today for an update, will post what I hear.

I’m trying to see how many AGT confirmation batches there are. I know there was a 11/2, 11/16 and 11/30. Then one in mid December. Another one, it appears was for the very late reservations, in early January. So that is five batches for all the AGTs, except for maybe the very recently ordered cars.Perhaps there were about 500 orders per batch which would amount to 2000 AGT reservations and consistent with my calculations. At two week intervals, they are expecting to produce and deliver 250 cars per week wHich is way below where they would need to be for 20k this year. They are currently delivering about 40 per week so my calculated number is still a significant increase to the current run rate.

I’m trying to see how many AGT confirmation batches there are.

My original order was November 2, 2021. I got email to finalize my order January 5, 2022 (which I did the same day) and had my initial phone intake call on January 12, 2022.

My original order was November 2, 2021. I got email to finalize my order January 5, 2022 (which I did the same day) and had my initial phone intake call on January 12, 2022.
We’re you given the standard 2-4 month delivery? the 4 month window would but you at May 5th

My original order was 9/3/21. Asked to confirm on 11/30. Confirmed 12/17. Spoke with DA 1/7, was told 2-4 months. No further contact.

I’m trying to see how many AGT confirmation batches there are. I know there was a 11/2, 11/16 and 11/30. Then one in mid December. Another one, it appears was for the very late reservations, in early January. So that is five batches for all the AGTs, except for maybe the very recently ordered cars.Perhaps there were about 500 orders per batch which would amount to 2000 AGT reservations and consistent with my calculations. At two week intervals, they are expecting to produce and deliver 250 cars per week wHich is way below where they would need to be for 20k this year. They are currently delivering about 40 per week so my calculated number is still a significant increase to the current run rate.

I went through a similar calculation exercise a few months back when I first stated up on these forums to understand reservation product mix. (I play with Excel for fun. Good times.)

Going through press releases, etc., it was obvious that Lucid started with a lot of Pure reservations but based upon the ratio of incremental projected revenue and number of orders, it was clear that around summer 2021, the average value per reservation took such a significant uptick that it could only be explained by lots of AGT orders.

Because of this mid-summer bolus of AGT orders, my original calculation suggested that many of us would be waiting until Q1 to get AGT order confirmations, but they all happened a quarter early. Why? I think it’s because all the AGT orders from this summer have been from Saudi (#2 market for Lucid) and EU. But because Lucid isn’t prepared to go there just yet, US AGT orders got to jump the queue.

Bottom line: There are still a lot of AGT orders to be confirmed but they are likely for ex-US markets. (Oh, and EU confirmation emails went out this past week so I guess they’re working through those now.) Hopefully, the trend will continue, and Lucid will get to US Touring and Pure reservations before filling Saudi orders. But as the line will be set up for AGT orders and as they represent a higher profit margin, my guess is that US AGT orders will get filled then EU and Saudi next. Only then will Lucid switch to the other models.

Also, based upon production ramps, I think it’s unlikely Lucid will hit their 20K goal this year unless they can get AMP-1 up to full capacity production (which is probably in the 400 to 600 car per week range) by May/June. (Capacity is supposed to be 35K cars per year but the paint shop probably cuts that number down quite a bit.) Production ramps follow a sigmoid curve, but the flat initial part has been prolonged and supply constraints will probably blunt the rate of rise. Things could get interesting.

Last edited:
Regarding the initiation of the Pure production, remember the Pure has the metal roof which is described on the website as 'late availability'. Normally I would have no idea what 'late availability' means, but in the Lucid world I surely don't know what it means.

I am different than most here. I prefer to get my car later which is part of the reason I reserved a Pure. If I were buying now, with all the problems that have been reported in this forum, I would not go through with the purchase. But I expect, at least I hope, that they will be fixed and resolved by the time they get to me (I am figuring 2023 sometime). In the meantime I have a very comfortable PHEV (BMW 530e) so I can afford to wait and enjoy the car I now drive.

For what it's worth, it seems there may be a batch between 11/2 and 11/16, since I received my "your AGT is ready to order" email on 11/8, and confirmed later that day. At the time, my DA told me the party line of 2-4 months and I haven't checked back in with him for any update. I plunked down my deposit back in Sept 2020.

Spoke to my DA and have a few updates:

1. AGT production is indeed imminent, within weeks if not days since DE production is almost over.
2. Existing AGT's being produced are going to studios for test drives, though they have not opened them up for that yet (but that should happen "very soon")
3. Some AGT are also in the hands of media and I'm guessing there's an embargo on reviews that will lift right before earnings at the earliest.

With that in mind, I'm betting that VIN numbers will start getting assigned within a few days for the earliest reservation holders and their cars will barely make the end of the cutoff window they were quoted. I think we'll all be getting our cars near the end of the production windows we were quoted for a while until they're really ramping up production.

Back