Grand Touring Deliveries?

Let’s say your theory is right that delivered cars is closer to say 200, 80 on the lot that is roughly 300 cars. Bear drones shots then need to show us that 200 dreams need to be built and should be able to see that within 20-25 days from today assuming Dream output is around 10-13 cars a day. However if you starting seeing more grand tourings built and less dreams then you know the 80’was finals. Drone shots should be able to tell the story in couple weeks.

They're not going to build any GTs before they finish the DEs. Until people here or in the other forum post that they got GT VINs (myself included), or we see wrapped cars with the 21" GT wheels, then they're still building DEs. I hope it'll only be a few weeks for all the DEs to be produced, but given the 'fit and finish' issues, I wonder if the production line has ground to a halt, or if they're making the cars but holding onto them until the issue can be repaired/replaced. Time will tell indeed.

I don't think that all the DE buyers have VINs yet, hence those cars are not produced. That is what tells me there is a delay. We also know that the factory is not full of equipment yet so I expect that the cars awaiting "fit and finish trim" are stored inside and not wrapped for Bear's to see. At 13 cars per day, 7 days per week Lucid is making roughly 90 cars per week. I assume that DE production will continue for the 1st three weeks in Januaury. My sales advisor was telling me that since my reservation was early that he still expects to produce my car by the end of February. I think he is sugar coating the DE delays by saying an a few left. Back at the beginning of December I was told GT starting the 1st week of January. He is no longer saying that.

There were some pictures from the LA service center with GT wheels back in early December. I would not read too much into this.
Also grand touring at least in Scottsdale is used for the test drive car.

None of this will matter in 6 months when we are all driving around in our Lucid Airs.

There were some pictures from the LA service center with GT wheels back in early December. I would not read too much into this.
Agreed...since they are shipping some version of the GT to showrooms for test drives that would be my guess.

Agreed...since they are shipping some version of the GT to showrooms for test drives that would be my guess.
Exactly, I was told in Milbrae that they would have a GT for test driving in 2 weeks and they would call me. That was 3 weeks ago.

IMO, rather than obsessing over how many DEs have been produced and/or delivered, more concern should be directed toward how much progress is made toward the quality issues we‘re seeing from owners.

I put deposit down for AGT on 4/20/21, confirmed it immediately on 11/30/21, and had first call with delivery advisor yesterday. I’m guessing delivery is end of March or thereabouts.
New here First post. I put down my deposit in mid May. I too confirmed on 11/30/21, and the first call with the delivery advisor the very next day?

Around Thanksgiving my DA called me and told me "probably" early Feb for my order. I made my reservation last Feb.

I get that everyone want their new toy but I see this level of inpatience all the time with new computers, cell phones, camera... Let's just chill. This is a $140k car. You want them to do everything right the first time. Imagine standing next to a surgeon asking "are you done, are you done". It's not time to lower any hammers yet.
I AGREE 200%

Well not sure the validity of this but would imply a gt was built:

we have confirmed one in casa grande on drone shot and now possibly traced it to lot:

I’m betting these GT’s are studio models.Supposedly more studios will have a GT arrive in the coming weeks.

Also, the 19” wheels don’t look that small in comparison now that I see them. Makes me feel better about choosing them.

I asked my delivery rep about test drives and they let me know this:

Attachments

• 3AE35DF1-C833-4CB4-B2AF-0DAEF6C9A4F7.jpeg
    3AE35DF1-C833-4CB4-B2AF-0DAEF6C9A4F7.jpeg
    393.8 KB · Views: 243
Finally, got the email. Grand Touring, Zenith Red, 19" wheels. Reservation date: Nov-23-2021.
SharedScreenshot_lucid_confirm_order.jpg

FYI, I just got my confirmation email for my AGT. My original reservation was 11/2/21 so I just missed the first round of confirmations that seemed like it covered most people through October 2021.

I originally ordered a Touring but upgraded it 12/16/21 to GT so it preserved my original order date.

No new info or dates to report just wanted to let people know they're into November 2021 orders now for confirmation.

Now I have to make final decisions on interior and wheels which I'm really torn on.

I really prefer the rims of the 20 & 21s but I don't want to have to wait for the 20s and I'm in the northeast so I really prefer all-season as I'm not big on swapping tires.

Interiors are tough because no studios near me so just working from photos and renderings.

FYI, I just got my confirmation email for my AGT. My original reservation was 11/2/21 so I just missed the first round of confirmations that seemed like it covered most people through October 2021.

I originally ordered a Touring but upgraded it 12/16/21 to GT so it preserved my original order date.

No new info or dates to report just wanted to let people know they're into November 2021 orders now for confirmation.

Now I have to make final decisions on interior and wheels which I'm really torn on.

I really prefer the rims of the 20 & 21s but I don't want to have to wait for the 20s and I'm in the northeast so I really prefer all-season as I'm not big on swapping tires.

Interiors are tough because no studios near me so just working from photos and renderings.

I reserved AGT on 10/31 and just got my confirmation email a few moments ago.

Only open item for me is wheels. I kind of hate them all but I am a little worried how long it will take aftermarket options to be available. May have to just go with the 21's.

I planned on buying another set anyway, as we get a lot of snow so I'm used to having two sets of wheels for vehicles.

Only open item for me is wheels. I kind of hate them all but I am a little worried how long it will take aftermarket options to be available. May have to just go with the 21's.

I planned on buying another set anyway, as we get a lot of snow so I'm used to having two sets of wheels for vehicles.

Supposedly it will take the same wheels as a Model S current generation. This is secondhand from the founder of https://www.thenewaero.com, so take with a grain of salt.

Mac26 on the other forum said he just bought a set of 19" from Lucid to go along with his 21" he has on his car.

Back