Grand Touring Deliveries?

Talked to my DA this week. They affirmed the 2-4mo delivery timeline, with the caveat that they're sometimes sending cars back into get more work if they fail a Quality Control check. Basically, if you get a VIN but get a delay, this is because they're taking the car back in to fix an issue - sometimes even tearing it down to fix the problem.

Apparently, the mantra is "you only get one chance to get the hardware right" which is why physically the cars seem to be in great condition, but the software still needs work of course. Apparently the next numbered version (I'm guessing 2.0) is not far off.

Talked to my DA this week. They affirmed the 2-4mo delivery timeline, with the caveat that they're sometimes sending cars back into get more work if they fail a Quality Control check. Basically, if you get a VIN but get a delay, this is because they're taking the car back in to fix an issue - sometimes even tearing it down to fix the problem.

Apparently, the mantra is "you only get one chance to get the hardware right" which is why physically the cars seem to be in great condition, but the software still needs work of course. Apparently the next numbered version (I'm guessing 2.0) is not far off.
They didn't get the hardware right if you cannot use USB as a source. Ridiculous, what the purpose of touting Dolby Atmos???

They didn't get the hardware right if you cannot use USB as a source. Ridiculous, what the purpose of touting Dolby Atmos???
Even though the DA told me the USB was only for power, I think he was referring to its current configuration. I would think that these are full USB ports. It then would be a matter of software to use them as USB music sources.

Even though the DA told me the USB was only for power, I think he was referring to its current configuration. I would think that these are full USB ports. It then would be a matter of software to use them as USB music sources.

The implications here are far and wide. If there is no data connection in the USB ports then there will be no way to use a drive in a sentry mode like in the Tesla. If someone vandalized your vehicle you will have nothing to provide to insurance

I've been told by delivery concierge and service techs that a sentry mode and dash cam mode are already in the works

Yea I specifically asked the service tech about a dashcam. He said to hold off as they are going to introduce the functionality "soon." Maybe it was just his way of not having me open up fuse boxes and what not, but he wasn't the only one to mention it.

While it looks like they are trying to finish delivering the Dreams, has anyone with an Air Grand Touring order confirmed at the beginning of November received a VIN yet? We are now past the 2 month mark of that 2-4 month window.

There is a image circulating today showing that same Grand Touring in a parking lot now. So somebody is getting a grand touring delivery. Is it you?

I emailed my delivery advisor last week asking for an update, no reply so far. Even a response saying he does not know would be better than silence.

I emailed my delivery advisor last week asking for an update, no reply so far. Even a response saying he does not know would be better than silence.
Give him a call and/or email again. Not acceptable to not respond. Even if he was on PTO there should be an OOO message (unless he is sick?)

Just emailed again and I will let you know what I hear back or if I do not hear anything back.
I just heard back with information consistent with what the DE buyers are saying.

"There are a few dream editions still to be delivered but for the most part these have been produced and are just waiting on a few specific trim pieces that did not meet our quality standards and needed replacement prior to delivery."

He is still saying that the initial 2-4 month window provided at the beginning of November is valid. This implies delivery in January or February.

Just emailed again and I will let you know what I hear back or if I do not hear anything back.
[/QUO
I just heard back with information consistent with what the DE buyers are saying.

"There are a few dream editions still to be delivered but for the most part these have been produced and are just waiting on a few specific trim pieces that did not meet our quality standards and needed replacement prior to delivery."

He is still saying that the initial 2-4 month window provided at the beginning of November is valid. This implies delivery in January or February.

Emailed my DA last week. He was out ill for 8 days and we connected yesterday. He said the "official" timeline is 2 to 4 months but they are still trying to get all the dreams out (I got the sense it was more than a few remaining) and then GT production would kick in. Was clear from conversation it's no longer 2 to 4 months. He did say I would be in early wave (deposit 4/21, confirmation 11/30/21). He ended with by the end of the quarter, I should have some real insight as to timing. I think we are in the 3 to 5 month (at least) window. Based on the other threads, there is much catch up work to be done on software.

Around Thanksgiving my DA called me and told me "probably" early Feb for my order. I made my reservation last Feb.

I get that everyone want their new toy but I see this level of inpatience all the time with new computers, cell phones, camera... Let's just chill. This is a $140k car. You want them to do everything right the first time. Imagine standing next to a surgeon asking "are you done, are you done". It's not time to lower any hammers yet.

Agree 100%. Would much rather wait an extra month to avoid what @hmp10 is dealing with. When I told my DA I would be headed to CT in mid April, he immediately started talking about delivery options there.

This reply seems to say all the dreams are produced and waiting some slight fixes but they are produced if so then bears output of 80 cars on lot may imply that 440 were produced and delivered that Is unless bear drone shots show Wednesday that more are being built and output. My iNitial guess is 420 funding secured

This reply seems to say all the dreams are produced and waiting some slight fixes but they are produced if so then bears output of 80 cars on lot may imply that 440 were produced and delivered that Is unless bear drone shots show Wednesday that more are being built and output. My iNitial guess is 420 funding secured
Or, much like them persistently telling @hmp10 that red didn't affect his production status, they're lying/really stretching the truth to avoid mass hysteria at them missing their self imposed deadline. Considering the number of DE reservation holders in this forum who have not yet received their cars, which is a small subset of the overall DE folks, there are definitely more than a 'few' DEs not delivered.

Add to that multiple GT holders saying they're now being told 3-5 months and the fact that no one has reported a DE number anywhere close to 200, I'm guessing Lucid missed the mark by a lot and is at least a month behind schedule. Just my assumptions, but probably the truth.

Last edited:
Back