Grand Touring Deliveries?

Can't find the post now but on either this forum or a few Facebook forums I follow there were several posts back in December or January with people stating that when they asked the sales folks in the Lucid Studio the reply was that they have been told by Lucid HQ to tell customers they will meet all the production goals. My reply to those comments is I found that strange for HQ to tell them to give that reply. It would seem to me that the corporate line would be to state that we can't confirm or deny production numbers.

That's not quite it. It's always been, "Lucid is trying as hard as it can to meet its production goals." In my case, it was my DA literally saying that Lucid is trying as hard as it can to deliver all the DEs before the end of the year. No promises. No assurances.

There's a big difference between a promise to try and a promise to do. (Tip of the hat to Yoda.) No one in their right mind at a car company can or should promise that they WILL meet a production goal, unless their name rhymes with "tusk." (Did you know that a flawless FSD will happen this year? Bet on it!) But anyone can say that they will try their hardest to meet a production goal. Nothing strange about that at all. This is how corp comm works. Really.

Last edited:
That's not quite it. It's always been, "Lucid is trying as hard as it can to meet its production goals." In my case, it was my DA literally saying that Lucid is trying as hard as it can to deliver all the DEs before the end of the year. No promises. No assurances.

There's a big difference between a promise to try and a promise to do. (Tip of the hat to Yoda.) No one in their right mind at a car company can or should promise that they WILL meet a production goal, unless their name rhymes with "tusk." (Did you know that a flawless FSD will happen this year? Bet on it!) But anyone can say that they will try their hardest to meet a production goal. Nothing strange about that at all. This is how corp comm works. Really.
Perhaps this should be Peter Rawlinson's theme song...

Back