Grand Touring Deliveries?

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 6.25.44 PM.png

Multiple Grand Tourings in the lot now

That’s a lot of cars on the lot. Since most are wrapped they’re being prepped for delivery?
We don't know if it's ready for delivery and waiting to coordinate a delivery or if they're missing parts waiting to fix the various finishing issues.

We don't know if it's ready for delivery and waiting to coordinate a delivery or if they're missing parts waiting to fix the various finishing issues.
Gotcha. I’d expect a prepped/wrapped car to be ready to go but maybe the external wrap is on so they can store outside until the remaining parts are ready.

Gotcha. I’d expect a prepped/wrapped car to be ready to go but maybe the external wrap is on so they can store outside until the remaining parts are ready.
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 6.54.39 PM.png

There's two types of wrapped, the white wrapping and then just a cover over the car. I don't know if the cover means it's waiting on a part and white cover mean they're done? The world may never know.

I don't know if the cover means it's waiting on a part and white cover mean they're done? The world may never know.
But we can still speculate until we’re blue in the face, right? :D

So we now have a backlog of dreams and some Grand Tourings sitting on the lot with no movement. I guess we'll find out on the 28th what the issue is unless Lucid has a convoy of trucks coming for a SUPER delivery event on the 26th and 27th :rolleyes:

So we now have a backlog of dreams and some Grand Tourings sitting on the lot with no movement. I guess we'll find out on the 28th what the issue is unless Lucid has a convoy of trucks coming for a SUPER delivery event on the 26th and 27th :rolleyes:
They may all be in Canada. ;)

They may all be in Canada. ;)
The sad thing about that is the news was saying that little protest has cost the auto industry $700 million and pushed them back by months. The whole manufacturing chain globally is just so volatile at the moment particularly auto it seems.

That’s a lot of cars on the lot. Since most are wrapped they’re being prepped for delivery?
It is all relative. It may be a lot of cars for a brand new car with a wait list. But for comparison sake, here is the Bowling Green, KY assembly plant for the Covette which has a similar ability to produce 20,000 to 40,000 cars depending on how many shifts they run, and it is a similar vehicle in terms of demand, meaning they pretty much sell them as fast as they can make them. Based on that, it seems Lucid is moving them out fairly fast.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 1.04.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 1.04.52 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 156
It is all relative. It may be a lot of cars for a brand new car with a wait list. But for comparison sake, here is the Bowling Green, KY assembly plant for the Covette which has a similar ability to produce 20,000 to 40,000 cars depending on how many shifts they run, and it is a similar vehicle in terms of demand, meaning they pretty much sell them as fast as they can make them. Based on that, it seems Lucid is moving them out fairly fast.
Or it could be GM is cranking out 100 cars a day and Lucid is doing 10?

Or it could be GM is cranking out 100 cars a day and Lucid is doing 10?
That would be about the right ratio since there are about 10 times more cars in the Corvette parking lot. From what I remember the last time I was at the Corvette assembly plant, they make just under 200 a day using two shifts.

Right. You know where I stand on this and up until today I thought we'd have to wait until February 28 to get the answer, but it occurred to me that we won't have to wait until the earnings call. We may only have to wait a couple more days. Up until now all we've seen is a lot of Dream Editions on the lot with all the same wheels. That situation made it impossible to determine if the same cars were sitting there for days on end, or if there was a constant rotation of new Dreams taking the place of ones that were just shipped out. Now that we see a few Grand Touring wheels it appears that Dream production is about done. In a day or two, when Bear does his next fly over, we will have an opportunity to see how may of the Airs in the lot have Grand Touring Wheels. If half the lot has Grand Touring Wheels, that will provide the answer I have been advocating for; that they're moving the Dreams out fast and they are not sitting on the lot. If there is still mostly Dream Editions then we'll know they are not moving them very fast. We should have a much clearer picture before the end of this week.

Back