Grand Touring Deliveries?

So why can't I just make a wire transfer from my Schwab account to the appropriate bank account for Lucid? Do I really have to go through Plaid?

Have not discussed it with Lucid but I plan to do the wire transfer from my Charles Schwab Account when my AGT finally arrives.

Confirmed my 10/4/21 order for a Zenith Red AGT. I think it’s been exactly 2 weeks since the last set of order confirmation emails went out.

Confirmed my 10/4/21 order for a Zenith Red AGT. I think it’s been exactly 3 weeks since the last set of order confirmation emails went out.

My July deposit for a AGT was confirmed on Nov. 30th.

Confirmed my 10/4/21 order for a Zenith Red AGT. I think it’s been exactly 2 weeks since the last set of order confirmation emails went out.
Great to hear!

yes. The last batch went out on 11/30 which was apparently through early/mid September reservations. Looks like they moved out at least another month. Did they tell you the standard 2-4 months?

if they are already into October, they only have two months of potential AGT orders to go, then they will move to the touring. That means they will have to have options pricing right after the new year. So if they get all of the AGT orders confirmed within the next month, the Air Touring deliveries could begin as early as March and certainly within Q2 2022.

Well, my day finally arrive… Confirmed my order today (12/14) for the Grand touring in Zenith Red (Changed from Quantum Grey), Santa Cruz interior, 21” Aero Wheels. Original deposit on 9-21-21. Now the waiting period.

Well, my day finally arrive… Confirmed my order today (12/14) for the Grand touring in Zenith Red (Changed from Quantum Grey), Santa Cruz interior, 21” Aero Wheels. Original deposit on 9-21-21. Now the waiting period.
Moving right along! Did anyone get confirmed who had a reservation later than 10/4? I’m waiting to hear About the first Grand Touring VIN to be released and delivery dates to be set. I imagine we are getting close.

I got the email to confirm my Grand Touring order today (December 14). Quantum Grey, Tahoe interior, 21-inch wheels. I was surprised to get it this early, as I made the reservation in the Miami Studio on October 17, 2021. Glad to see that Lucid is moving into October 2021 orders already! And yes, I confirmed my order right away.

My DA yesterday said they're on track for Q1 deliveries. They supposedly don't get the VINs until the car is nearly done on the assembly line. He said that would hopefully be right after the start of the year for me (December 2019 reservation, confirmed 11/2).
Neurio - looks like you were one of the first AGT reservation holders confirmed back on 11/2 - they have confirmed all AGT orders except for the most recent 8 week‘s of reservations in the past 6 weeks.

Two months in their 2-4 month windo puts you at the beginning of January. Have you heard anything yet? More requests for paperwork / insurance? VIN? Estimated delivery date?

Last edited:
I didn’t see anything in the emails about potential dates for delivery. My guess is that it will be much further out than 2 to 4 months based upon factory production capacity and ramp-up. I would be very pleased to be wrong. This is based upon some rough estimates about factory ramp-up with total target production of 20K units in 2022 and reported reservations and potential sales figures. I detailed my guesses in another thread.

One darn good reason why it could be earlier though has to do with ex-US reservations, especially Saudi. These may make up a significant proportion of the reservations that poured into Lucid in Q3. If Lucid is going to fill the US orders first, then the US reservations should jump the queue and get fulfilled significantly sooner. Anyone hear anything about Lucid’s operations outside the US?

Last edited:
I didn’t see anything in the emails about potential dates for delivery. My guess is that it will be much further out than 2 to 4 months based upon factory production capacity and ramp up. I would be very pleased to be wrong.
I called Lucid when I confirmed my Grand Touring order today. They still told me 2-4 months.

Must be a big day for emails going out. I just signed up on this discussion board today, and also received my email inviting me to confirm my 10/29 Zenith Red AGT today as well. Fingers crossed that 2-4 months is still accurate.

Neurio - looks like you were one of the first AGT reservation holders confirmed back on 11/2 - they have confirmed all AGT orders except for the most recent 8 week‘s of reservations in the past 6 weeks.

Two months in their 2-4 month windo puts you at the beginning of January. Have you heard anything yet? More requests for paperwork / insurance? VIN? Estimated delivery date?
I was asked for my license and current insurance last week. Nothing further about delivery date from the post you quoted - DA hoping/expecting to have the VIN around the start of the year.

I was asked for my license and current insurance last week. Nothing further about delivery date from the post you quoted - DA hoping/expecting to have the VIN around the start of the year.
So it appears that the delivery window is currently about 3 months after order confirmation.

In my case in Orlando, I got my vin on Nov 30th. I was asked to provide insurance at the same time which I did. I made the insurance effective Drc 7th since I figured there was no way I would get the car before that.
On Dec 7th I got the email with the invitation to pay and also the paperwork to sign (purchase agreement, 26 pages or so of jargon).
Since then zilch.
So to continue the saga, after the full payment was made on Tuesday, December 7th, I had heard nothing from them, not even the "payment confirmation" email. I reached out to my advisor on Friday Dec. 10th and asked if 1. he could confirm receipt of payment (since my online portal showed payment pending still) and 2. If there was any updates he could provide on delivery status. He couldnt even tell me if the vehicle was still at the factory, on a truck in transit or anything at all for that matter. All he said was I would be contacted "soon" for delivery. On Tuesday this week, I STILL hadn't recd the payment confirmation email and neither had I been contacted for delivery so I sent him yet another email. Once again the response was almost a carbon copy of Friday except this time within an hour of sending the email I got the "Payment complete" email from Lucid. His email indicated this time that I will be contacted "VERY soon" and that delivery would be later this week or next.
I called the Palm Beach studio on Tuesday late afternoon hoping they could atleast tell me if the car was already there, in which case I could possibly drive there to pick it up (If my currently chosen option of home delivery was causing the delay due to shipping/delivery person shortage). PB could not help with anything.
Today, out of the blue, I get a Fedex delivery with 5 pages to sign. Odometer statement, title application, power of attorney etc. I thought I had already signed these via docusign last week at the time of the payment. Not sure why I got this today and if it has anything to do with delivery timing.
I still have not heard anything about delivery and it sure doesn't look like it can be this weekend at this point, unless they literally call at the last minute which seems unlikely.

Anyone else receive this package?
Edit: Just realized I posted this in the GT section instead of the Dream....well either way..

I haven't received the package, although I completed the Purchase Agreement and paid for the car on December 11. (Got VIN on November 17.)

When I had not gotten a payment confirmation email by yesterday I, too, called my Delivery Advisor and got pretty much the same story as you. She confirmed Lucid had received the payment but said the "payment team" was running behind in acknowledging payments. I still haven't gotten any email confirmation, and my account is still showing "payment pending". (Hydbob said his account was still showing "payment pending" at the time he took delivery.)

My delivery advisor also said she could not confirm whether the car was even off the production line, as it was not showing on her daily status report. I also called the West Palm Beach Design Studio to see if they could tell me anything, as I live over in Naples and have holiday company arriving this weekend which will make going to West Palm difficult -- and the next weekend is Christmas. They told me our car was not yet on their list of vehicles expected in for prep and delivery.

Friends who bought a VW ID.4 and a Mustang Mach-E this year were both kept far better informed once their cars entered production. With many of us enmeshed in travel, company, and other holiday madness at this time of year, this total opaqueness at Lucid's end regarding the status of our cars at this late stage is maddening.

I don’t want to be negative but I’m thinking perhaps the push to get GT reservations confirmed is related to the 4th quarter reporting expected in January. As I’m sure you are aware, once you confirm your order your deposit is no longer refundable. So when they report 4th quarter results they will be able to say $X of revenue and Y confirmed orders!!

I don’t want to be negative but I’m thinking perhaps the push to get GT reservations confirmed is related to the 4th quarter reporting expected in January. As I’m sure you are aware, once you confirm your order your deposit is no longer refundable. So when they report 4th quarter results they will be able to say $X of revenue and Y confirmed orders!!
I’m absolutely certain that played a role. Nonetheless, they are still telling everyone 2-4 months. I just don’t think there were all that many AGT reservations in the books, but likely most of them were AT or Pure reservations.

I was hoping there would be another round of confirmation emails/calls this week, but I haven't seen any reported on this or the other forum. Has anyone heard anything?

Back