Grand Touring Deliveries?

Spoke to my DA and have a few updates:

1. AGT production is indeed imminent, within weeks if not days since DE production is almost over.
2. Existing AGT's being produced are going to studios for test drives, though they have not opened them up for that yet (but that should happen "very soon")
3. Some AGT are also in the hands of media and I'm guessing there's an embargo on reviews that will lift right before earnings at the earliest.

With that in mind, I'm betting that VIN numbers will start getting assigned within a few days for the earliest reservation holders and their cars will barely make the end of the cutoff window they were quoted. I think we'll all be getting our cars near the end of the production windows we were quoted for a while until they're really ramping up production.
It does align with what my DA was saying. He told me on Friday that I had 2 to 3 weeks max to change the spec on the car before it'll be too late. So production must be imminent

It does align with what my DA was saying. He told me on Friday that I had 2 to 3 weeks max to change the spec on the car before it'll be too late. So production must be imminent
Glad to hear you got the same info. I've still got a month or two most likely (confirmed Dec.) so I'm going to the headquarters studio to check out an AGT that just arrived (white/Tahoe/21") to see if I want to change my spec before I'm stuck (white/Santa Cruz/19").

1643767023014.png

GT from Ryan's Club (probably for a test drive)

Those wheels look so damn good. I’m seriously tempted to go for them instead of the 19”, and I don’t like big silver wheels either.

The fact they're producing GTs in general is a good sign, even if they're just for test drives and reviews.

The fact they're producing GTs in general is a good sign, even if they're just for test drives and reviews.
Totally. I’ve seen two new ones here in the SF Bay Area over the last week. I think they’re about to end the embargo on reviews around the earnings call.

Those wheels look so damn good. I’m seriously tempted to go for them instead of the 19”, and I don’t like big silver wheels either.
I really like them too, but I really need all-season tires ...

I really like them too, but I really need all-season tires ...
Same here - we get a surprisingly large amount of rain where I live vs. rest of the bay, and summertime fog also makes the roads very slick (we have 2-3 months of near constant fog/mist/drizzle during the summer). I’m tempted to change to the 21’s and have a set of 19’s that I buy so I get both, but my DA said I could be waiting for a bit to get the extra set.

Now that Grand Touring reservations have been confirmed for a while, has anyone received any guidance on their deliveries? Anyone been told theIr car has entered production? received VINs? Given a more concrete delivery date than 2-4 months? Waiting to hear about the first Air Grand Touring in a customer’s garage which will be another milestone for Lucid.
Not me, just the rough April to May delivery.

I changed mine from 19 to 21. I think they look great

Same here - we get a surprisingly large amount of rain where I live vs. rest of the bay, and summertime fog also makes the roads very slick (we have 2-3 months of near constant fog/mist/drizzle during the summer). I’m tempted to change to the 21’s and have a set of 19’s that I buy so I get both, but my DA said I could be waiting for a bit to get the extra set.
i also live in the bay area but get a lot of fog (rains for about 2-3weeks a year). i wonder if it's risky to drive 21" on foggy days.

Totally. I’ve seen two new ones here in the SF Bay Area over the last week. I think they’re about to end the embargo on reviews around the earnings call.
I agree, it's ironic that a big batch the GT's where getting confirmed 3 months ago.

The 21" wheels with the stock Pirelli P Zero tires should be fine in moderate rain and temperatures above 45F. Heavy rain they risk hydroplaning, and below 45F they will turn to bricks and be useless. Pirelli actually voids the warranty on the P Zeros if they are driven below 45F. Many performance tires have similar warranties.

The 21" wheels with the stock Pirelli P Zero tires should be fine in moderate rain and temperatures above 45F. Heavy rain they risk hydroplaning, and below 45F they will turn to bricks and be useless. Pirelli actually voids the warranty on the P Zeros if they are driven below 45F. Many performance tires have similar warranties.
Just need to get them spinning fast enough to heat up :)

i also live in the bay area but get a lot of fog (rains for about 2-3weeks a year). i wonder if it's risky to drive 21" on foggy days.
I saw a video on YouTube (I think it was Smokin Tire??) and two guys were driving the canyon roads down in the LA area in the Dream P with 21" wheels/tires in the rain. They were driving very aggressively and the car handled perfectly. If you are talking about driving in snow or very cold temps (below freezing) then the P Zero tires can be a problem, but for just rain shouldn't cause concern.

do you have any info on those tires? i couldn't find anything about 45F.

do you have any info on those tires? i couldn't find anything about 45F.

Below is a link to the factory 21" tire from Lucid, the Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) LM1. From Tirerack's website:

"Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) tires are Max Performance Summer tires derived from Pirelli's Formula 1 experience and developed for some of the most exclusive and highest-performing vehicles available. Initially introduced as Original Equipment on the Audi A3 and S3, Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2 and the Porsche Boxster, Cayman and 911, the P Zero (PZ4) includes replacement tire sizes as well as original equipment fitments. Pirelli's warranty does not cover tires that develop compound cracking due to use in ambient temperatures below 45° Fahrenheit (7° Celsius), so the P Zero (PZ4), like all summer tires, is not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice."

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ucid&autoYear=2022&autoModel=Air&autoModClar=

I saw a video on YouTube (I think it was Smokin Tire??) and two guys were driving the canyon roads down in the LA area in the Dream P with 21" wheels/tires in the rain. They were driving very aggressively and the car handled perfectly. If you are talking about driving in snow or very cold temps (below freezing) then the P Zero tires can be a problem, but for just rain shouldn't cause concern.
I'm thinking along those lines too. I'm right on the hill which means we get a lot of wet roads in the summer that can't wash the oil off, so slickness is an issue but all the test videos haven't had a problem.

Back