Glacially-slow driver profile switching

AirPlur

Cars
AP AWD, '02 Boxster S 6MT
So this being my first fancypants car, I'm not sure if I have the prerogative to be annoyed at how long it takes between switching/recognizing a driver profile and making the adjustments to the seat/etc relative to other cars, but I regularly find myself waiting a good 30 seconds for it to happen. Now I just skip the Load Preferences and manually adjust the seat myself. Still in love with the car, and keeping hope alive that all these gripes can be resolved with future robustness updates, but just wondering if this is an early adopter bug/perk or something consistent with other competing cars.

Also, while I'm in the mood, thought I'd share an observation that the mobile key seems to outrun the fob in the battle of profile selection, i.e. my wife's mobile key/profile wins every time over my fob.

I don't use the mobile key since it kept teasing the car whenever I work in the garage listening to music off my phone, so it seems like I need to enable my phone for mobile key, out run her to the car every time we approach it, or just deal with the 30 second lag to switch profiles and load my preferences. Overall, glad it is prioritizing her as I'm much more forgiving of the car's many Christine-like qualities (her words), but it would be a welcome update to have a more responsive adjustment if/when possible/prioritized

This is my biggest pet peeve with the car by a long shot. It's just not good by any measure. Fortunately, my wife doesn't drive that often. But it's even worse for the non-primary driver, because the car will often default back to the primary profile after sitting for a while.

This is my biggest pet peeve with the car by a long shot. It's just not good by any measure. Fortunately, my wife doesn't drive that often. But it's even worse for the non-primary driver, because the car will often default back to the primary profile after sitting for a while.
This is why @TakeDuo bought a second Lucid, problem solved

We switched to fobs, and keep them in small Faraday pouches for this reason. No more problems.
Our Volvo EV, also running AAOS, takes 15-20 seconds to finish changing profiles. But it moves the driver's seat immediately when a different profile is selected.

We switched to fobs, and keep them in small Faraday pouches for this reason. No more problems.
Our Volvo EV, also running AAOS, takes 15-20 seconds to finish changing profiles. But it moves the driver's seat immediately when a different profile is selected.
THIS. Referring to immediate seat adjustment. Too bad the range and sensitivity of the fob are much worse than the mobile key, and has a battery that seems to die every 4 months. But hey, if they could fix the mediocrity of the base sound system then who knows what other OTA magic they can perform when they've got the, umm, bandwidth? (🥁)

... Too bad the range and sensitivity of the fob are much worse than the mobile key,..
Maybe I'm lucky, but I've noticed no problems with range or sensitivity of the fob.

This part (getting the seats moving immediately) would help a lot.

Basically, all I want is for profiles to be equal to or better than the three little memory buttons on the side of the driver's seat in my 1998 Porsche. Nothing about profiles right now is better than that. It's all worse.

1. If you set a fob to a profile, it's likely to pick the wrong one when you both approach the car, making the whole process twice as long
2. If you don't set fobs to profiles, you have to switch profiles from the right cockpit panel, which is next to impossible to reach when the seat is set for a different-sized person.
3. it's impossible to set a mobile key to a profile, since there's only one Lucid log in. So even if your spouse's fob is set to their profile, their phone is likely to override that.
4. Anyone except the primary driver will likely come back to a seat set wrong if they walk away for 15 minutes

The entire feature needs to be rethought. Blank sheet time.

And make every executive at the company have to drive from a non-primary profile until it's done.

Also, while I'm in the mood, thought I'd share an observation that the mobile key seems to outrun the fob in the battle of profile selection, i.e. my wife's mobile key/profile wins every time over my fob.
Mine is just the opposite. I rarely use a fob and my wife keeps a fob in her purse. When we go somewhere together, her profile always gets loaded over mine from the mobile key.

This is why @TakeDuo bought a second Lucid, problem solved
This is the perfect solution, but unfortunately it's just not a possibility for us. We go back and forth between profiles at least a few times a week, and we haven't had as many issues as most people do, but it would be really nice if it was faster. My biggest annoyance is readjusting the rear view mirror. Both of us have fobs, I have a mobile key as well. The car gets it right 80% of the time. With the easy entry set, the seat doesn't move until the belt is clicked in. Which helps a lot. The times Ron gets in and it loads my profile instead, he can change it before he's crunched into the steering wheel.

Alternatively, just marry someone your exact same height. Potentially a more affordable solution than a second air.
And you can share clothes, if you’re into that.

Now there's a romantic marriage proposal! Who could turn that one down??
You're just okay, but my same height, so our driving profiles can stay roughly the same in the Lucid, marry me?

How do you specify primary profile? 90% of the time when my wife and I sit in the car at the same time, it goes to her profile even though I'm the primary for the car. We use the lucid as a family car and drive together most of the time with me driving, but like majority of the time, i have to change profiles immediately after getting in

3. it's impossible to set a mobile key to a profile, since there's only one Lucid log in. So even if your spouse's fob is set to their profile, their phone is likely to override that.
That is not true - I have mobile keys linked to each of our profiles; they are device-linked, not auth-linked.

How do you specify primary profile? 90% of the time when my wife and I sit in the car at the same time, it goes to her profile even though I'm the primary for the car. We use the lucid as a family car and drive together most of the time with me driving, but like majority of the time, i have to change profiles immediately after getting in
The primary profile is the first one set up. That is the profile that gets your app avatar picture in the car. That is the one that can turn easy entry on or off. I don't know if there's any way to change it after the initial setup.

The primary profile is the first one set up. That is the profile that gets your app avatar picture in the car. That is the one that can turn easy entry on or off. I don't know if there's any way to change it after the initial setup.
Hmm my profile was the first one set up. I guess that still doesn't give priority to it over wife's mobile key

It'll go to whoever's is detected first. Just make her wait to get in next time and see if that works.

Back