Profile Seat/Entry Issues

gearheadgirl

Cars
2023 Lucid Air Touring
DE Number
We have two profiles and two very distinct seating positions. We have to manually adjust the seat every time we get in the car, each time "Save to Profile" only to find it isn't saved the next time. Easy entry also no longer works--the option is greyed out on my profile and I am unable to turn it on. In my husband's profile it is not there as an option at all. We adjust the seat, steering wheel, mirrors etc every time we change drivers. And yes, we are in the car with the door closed, foot on brake, and seat beat buckled. Of course, this is cramped and difficult to get in for my husband and I have to slide down to reach the brake from his seat setting.

Sounds like your seat homing needs to be done. A few folks have reported this issue, where the seat no longer knows where it is, so it can't go back to a saved position. Takes a few minutes and a mobile tech can do it, if you have mobile service near you.

I had to have this fixed as well, works perfectly now

I've been having a similar issue lately. When getting into the car, the easy entry/exit feature would only return to the steering wheel to the stored position, not the seat. The seat position was still stored, however, as I could go into the seat menu where hitting "Restore" returned the seat to its proper position.

I deleted and then re-engaged the easy entry/exit command, and things returned to normal for a day or so. Then the problem returned, but this time going into the seat menu found that the stored position was gone. Then the next thing that happened was that the steering wheel extended further out than its stored setting, and when I went into the steering wheel control menu its stored setting was gone.

Does this mean that I'm going to have to schedule a service visit for "seat homing"?

Easy entry also no longer works--the option is greyed out on my profile and I am unable to turn it on. In my husband's profile it is not there as an option at all.
The easy entry option is only on the owner profile but when set will apply to all profiles. That said, since it is greyed out, you likely need seat homing as @joec suggests.

I've been having a similar issue lately. When getting into the car, the easy entry/exit feature would only return to the steering wheel to the stored position, not the seat. The seat position was still stored, however, as I could go into the seat menu where hitting "Restore" returned the seat to its proper position.

I deleted and then re-engaged the easy entry/exit command, and things returned to normal for a day or so. Then the problem returned, but this time going into the seat menu found that the stored position was gone. Then the next thing that happened was that the steering wheel extended further out than its stored setting, and when I went into the steering wheel control menu its stored setting was gone.

Does this mean that I'm going to have to schedule a service visit for "seat homing"?
I have recently activated this feature and find that only the steering wheel returns to the stored position. Like the above owner, my seat does not return to the stored position; however, the steering wheel does. Also when exiting the car, the seat goes all the way back making it just as hard to exit the car as if the seat were in the driving position. My Mercedes allows me to set the limit on how far back the seat goes when exiting. That sure would be a helpful update.

I have recently activated this feature and find that only the steering wheel returns to the stored position. Like the above owner, my seat does not return to the stored position; however, the steering wheel does. Also when exiting the car, the seat goes all the way back making it just as hard to exit the car as if the seat were in the driving position. My Mercedes allows me to set the limit on how far back the seat goes when exiting. That sure would be a helpful update.
That has been on the wishlist.

During a recent Service Center visit for another issue they fixed the easy entry/exit feature. They claimed it was caused by debris in the seat track, but that doesn't explain why the seat could be moved using the switches on the seat or the icon under "Seating" on the Pilot Screen.

We have two profiles and two very distinct seating positions. We have to manually adjust the seat every time we get in the car, each time "Save to Profile" only to find it isn't saved the next time. Easy entry also no longer works--the option is greyed out on my profile and I am unable to turn it on. In my husband's profile it is not there as an option at all. We adjust the seat, steering wheel, mirrors etc every time we change drivers. And yes, we are in the car with the door closed, foot on brake, and seat beat buckled. Of course, this is cramped and difficult to get in for my husband and I have to slide down to reach the brake from his seat setting.
We have the same problems. So annoying! Will have mobile service to fix it. Also, the music does not go easily from ine profule to the other, have to set all channels up again and again.

We have the same problems. So annoying! Will have mobile service to fix it. Also, the music does not go easily from ine profule to the other, have to set all channels up again and again.
Do you have two people who frequently drive the car? My wife drives a car once in a blue moon, and just moves the seat where she wants it. The profile system is terrible.

Back