Easy Entry

I have been using easy entry and always felt that we need a personal setting for level of easy entry. I injured may back the other day and now easy entry is too painful for me. It goes to far back and too low. I would like an easy entry position setting in the profile just like we have a seat and wheel setting for driving.
Could not agree with this more. I hope they don't consider Easy Entry "finished". It's not very useful for the people who need it most in its current form, because it insists on going all the way back.

My Easy Entry has never work properly. First the Service Center had to do the Homing software update. It worked briefly, would you believe once, when I picked up the car. Then they sent out the service van and they reinstalled the Homing software, no change. Next visit to the Service Center they found that there was a dead zone in the seat positioning sensors and my normal profile is in that dead zone, so the Easy Exit didn't work. It would work for my wife as her seat position was outside the dead zone. So back to the Service Center where they swapped cars with me and loaned be another AGT. They have had my car almost two weeks now and yesterday they advised that they have ordered a new seat and it will arrive next week. I have enjoyed having the Easy Exit on my loaner AGT as I have a bad back and getting in and out with seat in my profile setting has always been difficult, so I have had to manually move the seat back and down. I agree it would be nice to be able to define the Easy Exit function on how far back and down the seat moves.

I could be wrong but I don’t think I saw an easy entry setting in my car. Is this a feature not in Pure models?

Interesting! I’ll take a look at which profile I assigned myself and will report back. Thanks!

I don't know if this would be a bug, but it may fall into human factors design. I was making an adjustment to the seat before stepping out for lunch and was distracted for a moment. Then I opened the door, the seat slid back and down to let me out, and I started to spin out of the seat when I noticed I hadn't saved the changes. I pressed the Save To Profile button and went on my merry way. When I returned, I buckled in and noticed that the seat didn't return to the normal driving position. Putting it into reverse and drive also didn't reset the seat. It seems that saving the seat position when the easy entry function is active over-writes the saved profile with the entry state.

I don't know if this would be a bug, but it may fall into human factors design. I was making an adjustment to the seat before stepping out for lunch and was distracted for a moment. Then I opened the door, the seat slid back and down to let me out, and I started to spin out of the seat when I noticed I hadn't saved the changes. I pressed the Save To Profile button and went on my merry way. When I returned, I buckled in and noticed that the seat didn't return to the normal driving position. Putting it into reverse and drive also didn't reset the seat. It seems that saving the seat position when the easy entry function is active over-writes the saved profile with the entry state.
It saves whatever position it is in to your profile when you hit the Save to Profile button. Which makes sense, it's what the button is for. I have hit it by accident too, and had to reset everything.

My car is two months old and easy entry has never worked.
The easy entry button is not grayed out and I can turn it on or off.
Before I get service involved, is there anything else I could try doing?

My car is two months old and easy entry has never worked.
The easy entry button is not grayed out and I can turn it on or off.
Before I get service involved, is there anything else I could try doing?
Easy entry quit working for me several months ago. (Not greyed out, just doesn't return the seat to the saved position. I only use one profile.) Service tech did a seat rehoming, which fixed it for a while, but now it's not working again. At the time he did the rehoming, he told me that if that didn't fix the problem, the car would have to go to the service center, which for me is 200 miles away. I'm not optimistic that the service center would provide a permanent fix either, so I'm just going to live with no easy entry for the foreseeable future. Just another in a long list of software problems which are never addressed by the few and far between software updates, most of which make no significant additions or improvements to the user experience. If I didn't love driving the car so much, I would be very upset.

Is it possible to fix the typo in the title 😅. Partly for my OCD but also to make it easy to find for others instead of making a duplicate thread (like I did the other day)

Easy entry quit working for me several months ago. (Not greyed out, just doesn't return the seat to the saved position. I only use one profile.) Service tech did a seat rehoming, which fixed it for a while, but now it's not working again. At the time he did the rehoming, he told me that if that didn't fix the problem, the car would have to go to the service center, which for me is 200 miles away. I'm not optimistic that the service center would provide a permanent fix either, so I'm just going to live with no easy entry for the foreseeable future. Just another in a long list of software problems which are never addressed by the few and far between software updates, most of which make no significant additions or improvements to the user experience. If I didn't love driving the car so much, I would be very upset.

By definition, what you are running into is NOT a SW problem; There is a HW problem with your seat.

If it was a SW problem, the tech wouldn't have recommended bringing it in for service.

I am such a goose.

Was looking thru the menus and found the easy entry button was selected= not.

wow.

I've been complaining about this for months. Sorry Lucid.

Thanks.

mantra:

OH WA
TA GU
SIAM

say this and become aware
I have a drivers profile set up in my name as well as an Easy Entry profile that moves the seat back and the steering wheel up and away when I park. Today when I arrived home in my in my 2016.5 Model S, P90D and put the car in Park it went into Easy Entry mode so I could exit as it should. When I returned a few minutes later to leave, I entered the vehicle and depressed the brake which would normally cause the seat and steering wheel to move into my profile position, this has always worked fine. This time they didn't move at all. So I tried using the actual electric seat controls and the steering column control to just move them outside of the profile. Nothing, the controls don't work and my seat and steering wheel are stuck in the Easy Access locations...seat all the way back and steering wheel all of the way forward and up. I can't even drive it this way. Oddly, passenger power seat works fine. I have deleted all profiles and attempted to reset everything and I have even rebooted. No Change, no ability to move driver's seat or steering wheel location. HELP!

I have a drivers profile set up in my name as well as an Easy Entry profile that moves the seat back and the steering wheel up and away when I park. Today when I arrived home in my in my 2016.5 Model S, P90D and put the car in Park it went into Easy Entry mode so I could exit as it should. When I returned a few minutes later to leave, I entered the vehicle and depressed the brake which would normally cause the seat and steering wheel to move into my profile position, this has always worked fine. This time they didn't move at all. So I tried using the actual electric seat controls and the steering column control to just move them outside of the profile. Nothing, the controls don't work and my seat and steering wheel are stuck in the Easy Access locations...seat all the way back and steering wheel all of the way forward and up. I can't even drive it this way. Oddly, passenger power seat works fine. I have deleted all profiles and attempted to reset everything and I have even rebooted. No Change, no ability to move driver's seat or steering wheel location. HELP!
Next time buy a Lucid

Next time buy a Lucid
I think this guy thinks its the Tesla forum, which is ABSOLUTELY hilarious... look at this post of his! Rolling on the ground laughing... In your words, "our condolences regarding your car" 🤣

I wasted my snark on what I’m pretty sure is a bot. This person has mentioned their Model S, Model Y, Defender, and a Volt. Also oddly enough has had the Lucid app for 15 years 🤣

Back