Easy Entry

franco5645

Cars
Lucid Air Touring,
Updated to 2.1.18 and now Easy Entry does not recall the seat position once belt is buckled and door is closed. Anyone else having this problem?

Updated to 2.1.18 and now Easy Entry does not recall the seat position once belt is buckled and door is closed. Anyone else having this problem?
I have the same problem. Apparently the seats need to have a “homing” update.

My seat and steering return to saved position once I put my foot on the break.

I learned this morning that it'll only restore if the door is closed. I buckled up and hit the brake while the door was open and nothing happened. As soon as I shut the door, the seat returned to the saved position without having to hit the brake again.

Is the seat still going all the way down and back for "easy entry"? If so, I'll leave it turned off.

Is the seat still going all the way down and back for "easy entry"? If so, I'll leave it turned off.
Yes and I’m thinking about turning mine off also. I love that it goes back when you exit, but keeping that same position makes the entry ungraceful. I’m on the smaller framed side, so I’m probably not the target audience for this feature anyways. I’m glad Lucid implemented it though.

Yes and I’m thinking about turning mine off also. I love that it goes back when you exit, but keeping that same position makes the entry ungraceful. I’m on the smaller framed side, so I’m probably not the target audience for this feature anyways. I’m glad Lucid implemented it though.
I really like it and I'm on the very small side. I drop down into the seat easily when entering. But then again, being graceful has never been my strong suit in life. One of the other things I really like about it is that before this got added, I'd move the seat back with the lever on the side of the seat to get out. It would stay that way until I opened the door. The bad thing is that if I opened the passenger door first to put something in the seat, the driver side would reset to my driving position. So when I walked over, it was too close to the wheel for me to get in the car. With this on, it doesn't reset until I buckle in and am ready to drive.

I’m torn between using the easy entry and disabling it. It’s definitely easier getting in with it on, but being 5’7” I don’t need all the rearward and downward retraction it offers. However when I disable it and leave it in my set position, I’m a bit concerned about wear to the side bolster as I press up and move against it as I’m getting in.

For now I’m leaving easy entry on.

I have the same problem. Apparently the seats need to have a “homing” update.
What exactly is "homing" is it a local firmware update or some mechanical wiring to be connected if someone knows. Thanks.

What exactly is "homing" is it a local firmware update or some mechanical wiring to be connected if someone knows. Thanks.
It is a local firmware update for a specific module. Unfortunately, it’s one of the few that needs to be updated live, not via an OTA.

In other brands homing sometimes involved moving the seat all the way forward then rearward, then fully up and then fully down. It was often done when the memory seats were lost.

Would love to have Easy Entry be a user defined position as it is on teh Teslas. Moving it all the way back is way too far for my size at 5'-7" but doing nothing doesnt work well either. Tell them to fix this,

Would love to have Easy Entry be a user defined position as it is on teh Teslas. Moving it all the way back is way too far for my size at 5'-7" but doing nothing doesnt work well either. Tell them to fix this,
100% I am the same size. Since there is no option to set the “exit” position I had to turn the feature off in settings

I am such a goose.

Was looking thru the menus and found the easy entry button was selected= not.

wow.

I've been complaining about this for months. Sorry Lucid.

Thanks.

mantra:

OH WA
TA GU
SIAM

say this and become aware

Same problem for me too.

Occasionally having this problem now, too, with 2.1.42. Need to change to a different profile and back to get the seat to move to my saved position.

100% I am the same size. Since there is no option to set the “exit” position I had to turn the feature off in settings
I have been using easy entry and always felt that we need a personal setting for level of easy entry. I injured may back the other day and now easy entry is too painful for me. It goes to far back and too low. I would like an easy entry position setting in the profile just like we have a seat and wheel setting for driving.

I have been using easy entry and always felt that we need a personal setting for level of easy entry. I injured may back the other day and now easy entry is too painful for me. It goes to far back and too low. I would like an easy entry position setting in the profile just like we have a seat and wheel setting for driving.
My back is fine, I'm otherwise in decent physical health, and I still find Easy Entry physically taxing for this reason.

Back