Glacially-slow driver profile switching

Seems to be a pattern of the primary driver getting secondary priority. I think the car is just trying to earn the graces of our spouses, most of whom I'd guess are less forgiving with the many quirks (and occasionally features) of a semi-experimental vehicle from a nascent newcomer. And for that I appreciate the peacekeeping gesture.

Seems to be a pattern of the primary driver getting secondary priority. I think the car is just trying to earn the graces of our spouses, most of whom I'd guess are less forgiving with the many quirks (and occasionally features) of a semi-experimental vehicle from a nascent newcomer. And for that I appreciate the peacekeeping gesture.
FWIW our Volvo EV also frequently chooses the wrong profile when both of us get in the car. So we just turned off automatic profile switching. It's not unique to Lucid.

FWIW our Volvo EV also frequently chooses the wrong profile when both of us get in the car. So we just turned off automatic profile switching. It's not unique to Lucid.
You turned off automatic profile switching where? Don't tell me you did that on your Volvo and the Lucid doesn't have such a feature haha

You turned off automatic profile switching where? Don't tell me you did that on your Volvo and the Lucid doesn't have such a feature haha
You can absolutely turn off automatic profile detection in the Lucid. I had to do that, because it drives me nuts with it choosing incorrectly so often.

E
Each fob (and mobile device, I've just learned) can be linked to a specific profile. Unlink them all and it will stop switching automatically. Note, you can't do this unless the device or fob in question is present.

E

Each fob (and mobile device, I've just learned) can be linked to a specific profile. Unlink them all and it will stop switching automatically. Note, you can't do this unless the device or fob in question is present.
So I go into Keys and delete my wife’s mobile key? But won’t that prevent her from being able to get in the car?

So I go into Keys and delete my wife’s mobile key? But won’t that prevent her from being able to get in the car?
Don't delete the key. Just unlink it from the profile. I forget where it is in the UI. It may be under profiles, not keys.

Don't delete the key. Just unlink it from the profile. I forget where it is in the UI. It may be under profiles, not keys.
I don't see where to make that change...there's only remove profiles and manage keys under profile settings

we too have the profile issue. So until the solution is found, we have decided that whoever is going to drive the car first will go to teh car and the passenger will go after few minutes :). However, switching profiles doesnt take more than 5-8 seconds on our GT. so not sure why some of them take more than 30 seconds !!

we too have the profile issue. So until the solution is found, we have decided that whoever is going to drive the car first will go to teh car and the passenger will go after few minutes :). However, switching profiles doesnt take more than 5-8 seconds on our GT. so not sure why some of them take more than 30 seconds !!
5-8 seconds? If only. Mine takes at least a minute. And that's only for the screens to come back up. Actually moving the seat takes another 30 seconds.

I'll have to pay closer attention next time. I think my GT is about 10 seconds.

5-8 seconds? If only. Mine takes at least a minute. And that's only for the screens to come back up. Actually moving the seat takes another 30 seconds.

Yeah, this may be the real issue; my car switches profile in < 30 seconds, for sure.

I'll have to pay closer attention next time. I think my GT is about 10 seconds.
If my decade in bay area tech has taught me anything, turn a flaw into a feature!

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 9.34.25 AM.png

Back