Seats not auto restoring with facial recognition

NewLucid207

Cars
Touring
Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere, but I can't find this exact problem already posted.

I have changed none of my settings recently - but now, when I sit down in the car, facial recognition doesn't trigger moving my seat into my saved position. The car seems to recognize me, as it displays my name as the profile and if I go to the seat section of the UI i can click on "restore" and my will slide to my saved position.

Any ideas on why when I sit down in the seat and put on my foot on the brake, it's not automatically moving my seat into my saved position?

Thanks!

...I have changed none of my settings recently - but now, when I sit down in the car, facial recognition doesn't trigger moving my seat into my saved position. The car seems to recognize me, as it displays my name as the profile and if I go to the seat section of the UI i can click on "restore" and my will slide to my saved position.

Any ideas on why when I sit down in the seat and put on my foot on the brake, it's not automatically moving my seat into my saved position?
AFAIK, mine has never restored the seat position based on facial recognition of profile. Or it's taken so long that I gave up waiting. I always have to "restore" in the UI as you do.

It’s not supposed to restore the seat position until you either click your seatbelt or push the brake pedal.

Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere, but I can't find this exact problem already posted.

I have changed none of my settings recently - but now, when I sit down in the car, facial recognition doesn't trigger moving my seat into my saved position. The car seems to recognize me, as it displays my name as the profile and if I go to the seat section of the UI i can click on "restore" and my will slide to my saved position.

Thanks!
Has the driver seat ever moved since you received it from the factory with a driver change? Do you have the entry/exit toggled on for the seat to move back and forth and does that work for you?

My issue is the same. It worked, and then it stopped working. IT WORKED: After the update that allowed for Automatic Exit position, my seat would slide back to allow exiting. When I got in and pushed on the brake pedal, it would restore to my saved driving position automatically. It worked flawlessly for several weeks. IT STOPPED WORKING: All of the sudden, it stopped restoring to the driving position automatically. The Exit position still works when I open the door. If I select seats and restore in the UI, the seat will move to my driving position. But when I get back into the car, it doesn't adjust the seat until I hit restore in the Seat UI.
I tried to do a Logo reset, but it didn't help. All updates performed. Any ideas?

My issue is the same. It worked, and then it stopped working. IT WORKED: After the update that allowed for Automatic Exit position, my seat would slide back to allow exiting. When I got in and pushed on the brake pedal, it would restore to my saved driving position automatically. It worked flawlessly for several weeks. IT STOPPED WORKING: All of the sudden, it stopped restoring to the driving position automatically. The Exit position still works when I open the door. If I select seats and restore in the UI, the seat will move to my driving position. But when I get back into the car, it doesn't adjust the seat until I hit restore in the Seat UI.
I tried to do a Logo reset, but it didn't help. All updates performed. Any ideas?
Switching profiles could do the trick. This worked for me for a bit, but seems every time by wife drives and the profile changes it stops working again. I have a service appointment next month to get it looked at (among other things).

The problem with the exit position is that it put me in a position where the camera could no longer see my face. I can set the car to recognize my face from my normal seating position, but if I tried to do it from the exit position, it would fail to do so. It's a design flaw. The car really needs to move the steering wheel down when in the exit position if it's trying to recognize a face. Up doesn't work, and not moving the steering wheel might or might not work depending on the seat height. It worked for me only after changing the seat height in my profile, and the steering wheel position to go with it.

It moves the seats into position when one of two things occurs; either:
1) buckle your seatbelt, or,
2) close the door and press the brake pedal.

Your face being recognized doesn’t affect when the seat moves, to my knowledge.

It doesn't affect when it moves, but if it doesn't recognize your face, it won't try again after you see the red X. It hasn't been a problem for me because so far nobody else is driving my car. Facial recognition is nice in theory and the concern I had with a different brand of car without it was that if my wife got to the car before me, even though she was going to the passenger seat, the car wanted to crush me as a result. I haven't had the issue with the Lucid. I have it working thanks to a work around, but Lucid could do a better job of making it more reliable for more seat positions, especially with respect to detecting people when the seat is in the exit position.

My AGT does the same thing. It used to work and now it doesn't. My Lucid Mobile Tech says he's seen it in a number of cars, and that the Lucid software folks are aware it's an issue. He's coming to look at my car for other issues tomorrow, and will scan the car for any error codes. He'll probably try the seat homing procedure, but apparently that may not fix the issue. I suspect the issue will be fixed in some upcoming software update.

You can just open the door and close it again and it will adjust to your profile.

You can just open the door and close it again and it will adjust to your profile.
I'll have to try that next time it doesn't work. I've been going into Seats and hitting Restore. Mine works almost all the time, but every once in a while, I close the door and click the belt and nothing happens.

Back