Entering PIN code to drive!

bhramabull

Verified Owner
Folks,

Seems like off late every time I step into the car to drive, it asks me to enter the damn 5-digit pin code to start driving. Did my wife creating her own profile via her phone have to do with it? For instance today, she was nowhere close to the car and I operated the app perfectly to unlock doors and even had it open - but the car wouldn't let me shift gears until I entered that darn pin code to authenticate. Thoughts?

I operated the app perfectly to unlock doors and even had it open - but the car wouldn't let me shift gears until I entered that darn pin code to authenticate.
Using the iphone app to unlock the car does not mean "mobile-key" is setup or working. Maybe try deleting the mobile key and creating a new one?

Using the iphone app to unlock the car does not mean "mobile-key" is setup or working. Maybe try deleting the mobile key and creating a new one?
To your point, I've been constantly using my Android phone app to do all sorts of things prior to entering the car and it all works fine. The phone itself is also "linked"

If you are opening the app to get in the car, it's not working as a mobile key

To your point, I've been constantly using my Android phone app to do all sorts of things prior to entering the car and it all works fine. The phone itself is also "linked"
In your car, under the "Profiles" section, there is an option for adding mobile keys. If you have one already added, try deleting that and adding it again. The instructions on the screen are pretty straightforward.

Assuming the mobile key is set up correctly, you will see two Bluetooth connections listed on your phone. One is the regular audio+phone connection (like any other car). The second Bluetooth connection is the mobile key.

I actually would like the option to require the PIN to drive, and I hope they offer that option at some point. I know it can be annoying to most folks though.

I actually would like the option to require the PIN to drive, and I hope they offer that option at some point. I know it can be annoying to most folks though.
I see where you're coming from but the problem right now is the prompt disappears from the screen and so you just cannot drive and I had to leave the car and re-enter for the screen to prompt the pin screen again!

Happened to me when the FOB battery died.

Back