Locked in car

It didn't solve the problem with my old phone but I'm going to try again with the new one

It didn't solve the problem with my old phone but I'm going to try again with the new one
I've noticed the FOB has longer range than the Mobile Key, but both work great, FOB slightly better because I've never not had it lock when I walked away. Mobile key in 3 weeks of testing, it happened once, so now I double check everytime I walk away, but that should not be necessary and wasn't with the FOB.

I've noticed the FOB has longer range than the Mobile Key, but both work great, FOB slightly better because I've never not had it lock when I walked away. Mobile key in 3 weeks of testing, it happened once, so now I double check everytime I walk away, but that should not be necessary and wasn't with the FOB.
That's not encouraging because it's happened multiple times with the fob only. And like I said, the range on my fobs is terrible. I have to be within 10 feet of the car to lock or unlock with the fob button

I only use the FOB. Instead of pressing it and sometimes confusing the car that may simultaneously sense the FOB's proximity, I just use a Faraday key pouch. To unlock, I pull it out of the pouch, likewise, to lock, put it back in the pouch. It also remedies the battery drain. After 13 months (5000 miles), I have found this to be the simplest solution for my usage.

I just push the handle in every time I leave the car and don't worry about it. 🤷‍♂️

I just push the handle in every time I leave the car and don't worry about it. 🤷‍♂️
So an extra step for the mobile key....🤔

I'm not in the business of eliminating steps. I'm in the business of consistency, reliability, and ease. One obvious movement, and I have never worried about it again.
You're in the business of being a major pain in my...why thank you Borski 😁

I'm not in the business of eliminating steps. I'm in the business of consistency, reliability, and ease. One obvious movement, and I have never worried about it again.
OK---me too---and I carry the fob. But don't you think 1) Lucid over-promised on their "cutting edge" tech? and 2) some part of the eye-popping price you paid was for "promised" tech you didn't't get?

I agree--it's the best car I've ever driven...but when even getting in and out of the car is an different adventure every time...

I love my car and don't look back. But in terms of recommending it to a friend? Not yet

I have had an issue 3-4 times now where I stop at the grocery to let my wife out and the car shuts down and makes me enter a pin. I am sitting in the driver's seat with my phone and fob. I reported it to CS. They said that they had not heard of this happening.

At first, I thought that maybe she got out while the car was still in drive, but I couldn't reproduce that. Just pissed me off that I had to sit there and enter the pin, which took 3 tries the first time because I couldn't remember it!

OK---me too---and I carry the fob. But don't you think 1) Lucid over-promised on their "cutting edge" tech? and 2) some part of the eye-popping price you paid was for "promised" tech you didn't't get?

I agree--it's the best car I've ever driven...but when even getting in and out of the car is an different adventure every time...

I love my car and don't look back. But in terms of recommending it to a friend? Not yet
That’s the thing - it’s not a different adventure every time. My mobile key works every time, and if it doesn’t, I push the handle in. To lock, I always push the handle in. Easy.

I have greatly enjoyed the tech in my car 🤷‍♂️

I’m at almost 20k miles now and would happily recommend it to a friend

I have a question. I keep hearing about using one's mobile phone 📱as a key (via Bluetooth) . I have the Lucid App that is available for me to use as a backup (along with the Valet card) to my key fob. But the app takes its sweet time because it works on a mobile data connection.
If it can connect to my car thru Bluetooth, what are the steps for setting this up?

I have a question. I keep hearing about using one's mobile phone 📱as a key (via Bluetooth) . I have the Lucid App that is available for me to use as a backup (along with the Valet card) to my key fob. But the app takes its sweet time because it works on a mobile data connection.
If it can connect to my car thru Bluetooth, what are the steps for setting this up?

Has anyone had your kid that was slow to get out of the car get locked in? This has happened to me a few times. get home to garage, get out and go inside, kids being slow take time getting stuff together and get stuck in the car. Once the car locks you can’t get out from the inside!

Have you tried Mobile Key?
I know you have been evangelical about this so I'm here to say you have made me a believer.

I had to call my son and ask him how my phone (pixel 5a) works, and he told me how to "turn off" the Lucid app so it would stop talking to the car from every room in the house. Previously Borski told me where the secret buttons are to sign out of the app, but then you can't use the app unless you have a stupid password handy, and it's painfully slow, so I just used the fob.

But the fob sequence of presses is too difficult for me, and you need to have the stupid Faraday pouch with you all the time or the fob battery will drain in a couple weeks. So the cool design of the fob (which I love) is defeated (unless you just wrap it in a piece of Al foil).

I don't know if the recent updates helped, but now I'm using the mobile key exclusively. It's now fast and so easy I don't think about it...if you have your phone you are good to go, and you can be working in the garage and listening to podcasts without the car flashing and flapping at you just by turning off the app, and turning it back on is simple as one press on the icon. Brilliant!

Thanks Bobby.

Hokie Smokes Bullwinkle! That's brilliant! Does that work ? Won't the app just open the door because you are still in range?
iu

Also: yesterday I discovered that if you leave your phone in the car and go grocery shopping, the car will be unlocked when you return.

Hokie Smokes Bullwinkle! That's brilliant! Does that work ? Won't the app just open the door because you are still in range?
iu

Also: yesterday I discovered that if you leave your phone in the car and go grocery shopping, the car will be unlocked when you return.
Works great.

Yes, because the phone is a key, it will still think you’re in the car if you leave your phone in the car.

Has anyone had your kid that was slow to get out of the car get locked in? This has happened to me a few times. get home to garage, get out and go inside, kids being slow take time getting stuff together and get stuck in the car. Once the car locks you can’t get out from the inside!
You can if you pull the door handle trigger twice in succession, with the second time being a really hard pull.

Once while sitting in the car in an underground garage, (I had the phone and the fob with me) it just completely shut down and locked us both in. After an initial panic (which I always do), I was able to get the driver’s side window down, reach out and hit the door, and voila, the car woke up as normal. Never happened again. Why the window went down while the car was asleep is beyond me, but it worked.

So I ended up locking my daughter in the car for 10 seconds. I walked away the cars locked and she couldn't get out. I had to approach with the key in order for the doors unlocked. The child locks are not on either. Anyone else experience this?

Back