Locked in car

So I ended up locking my daughter in the car for 10 seconds. I walked away the cars locked and she couldn't get out. I had to approach with the key in order for the doors unlocked. The child locks are not on either. Anyone else experience this?
It behaved as designed. It’s supposed to lock when you walk far enough away.

It behaved as designed. It’s supposed to lock when you walk far enough away.
For what it’s worth, if you pull hard on the door handle trigger, it will open even if the car is locked. I just had to do this a few days ago (long story, car was fine)

For what it’s worth, if you pull hard on the door handle trigger, it will open even if the car is locked. I just had to do this a few days ago (long story, car was fine)
I had my wife try to sit in the backseat and exit the car when I walked a small distance away and the doors locked. She couldn't exit but she may have tried to use a normal amount of pressure.

I'll try this tip.

I had my wife try to sit in the backseat and exit the car when I walked a small distance away and the doors locked. She couldn't exit but she may have tried to use a normal amount of pressure.

I'll try this tip.
The reason for this is to allow a way to mechanically open the door in case of an electronics failure. It’s really a good idea to read the manual on this car. That and many other things that are slightly different from typical cars are carefully explained.

Also see

That’s also just a greatly informative video in general

Yes same thing happened to my daughter. Very dangerous situation. I don’t understand how that is a thing.

I got locked in once early on, software version 1.0 or 1.1 or something. Not sure what I did, but was sitting in my car in my garage and it suddenly shut down like a tomb. Unresponsive to brake pedal, any pedal, button mashing, app, and fob. Thought that this is how it ends, but then I just pulled really hard on the door handle trigger and it opened 😂

Yes same thing happened to my daughter. Very dangerous situation. I don’t understand how that is a thing.
How is it dangerous if there is a known way to release the door?

It does take a pretty hard tug on the trigger and sometimes gotta do it in succession. A child may have trouble with it I suppose 🤔
I can't think of a reason why any car-locking design would allow the possibility of the door being un-openable (without force) from the INSIDE. I 'm surprised it isn't a NTSB requirement (with exception for child locks)

I’m no expert but if the NTSB allows child locks then they obviously have no requirement that the rear passenger has to have the ability to open the rear door. Maybe I don’t know something about child locks and possible overrides but this doesn’t appear to be a NTSB safety issue.

Back