EA Savings report possible for Lucid?

chris

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD
Referral Code
KDGO18C2
So I've noticed that other EV owners that use the EA app for their 'free' charging program get this fun report telling them how many kilowatts they have charged and what the 'cost savings' has been for them. I realize we don't have any tie-in to the EA app but does anyone know of a way to get this type of report for Lucid? (attaching what I saw on the FB EA group for reference)

Attachments

• savingsEA.jpg
    savingsEA.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 11,467
This is available in the Lucid app on a monthly basis.
I am well aware of this reporting of kWh on the Lucid app BUT it lacks the 'money saved' portion -- What it would have cost would be really nice to see and doesn't seem possible!

I am well aware of this reporting of kWh on the Lucid app BUT it lacks the 'money saved' portion -- What it would have cost would be really nice to see and doesn't seem possible!
Just take your kwh and multiply by $0.40 as a rough estimate

Just take your kwh and multiply by $0.40 as a rough estimate
Unfortunately that is a VERY rough estimate and tends to be a low estimate. I actually (for a road trip) looked up and recorded the EA per kWh cost at each location we stopped to see what it would have cost (then redid it as though we had a PLUS membership in EA with the 25% discount) BUT that still never properly accounts for taxes so it still isn't accurate. It's unfortunate we just don't have the actual savings like others do is all. It would be nice to see what the actual savings is after 3 years of use but I guess a 'very rough guess' is all we get!

I essentially paid a $10,000 premium buying when I did and it sure would be nice to see if I at least get $10,000 in 'fuel energy savings cost' over 3 years to help me feel better!

Unfortunately that is a VERY rough estimate and tends to be a low estimate. I actually (for a road trip) looked up and recorded the EA per kWh cost at each location we stopped to see what it would have cost (then redid it as though we had a PLUS membership in EA with the 25% discount) BUT that still never properly accounts for taxes so it still isn't accurate. It's unfortunate we just don't have the actual savings like others do is all. It would be nice to see what the actual savings is after 3 years of use but I guess a 'very rough guess' is all we get!

I essentially paid a $10,000 premium buying when I did and it sure would be nice to see if I at least get $10,000 in 'fuel energy savings cost' over 3 years to help me feel better!
The answer is probably no, $10,000 is a lot! Even if it were $0.50 /kwH, and using a low 3mi/kwh and 10% charging losses, that's 54,000 miles needed to be driven. More if your efficiency is better!

Welcome to the world of EV early adoption. Those of us who jump in early have always paid a premium it seems.

We experienced massive price drops with the purchase of our first EV in early 2017, a Tesla Model S. You should have read the angry protests registered on the Tesla Owners Forum, a lively place to hang out in at the time, until Tesla made it a read-only site. Angry tirades, heated demands for partial refunds, the dreaded but tiresome threat of a “class action lawsuit”…

A few years later we acquired our first of two Model Xs. Their price held steady for several years, even rising on the used car market during the pandemic. Now, with the fourth iteration of the Model X we experienced a massive price drop on the order of the tens of thousands of dollars.

The premium we pay comes with the territory. It’s frustrating, it’s maddening, and one can feel cheated. But there seems to be no way around it.

Addendum - it occured to me after I pressed SAVE, with our Teslas having been purchased early on in the game, we DO experience a return on our early adoption premium in the form of FUSC - Free Unlimited Supercharging, a perq that has largely disappeared from Tesla purchasing. It’s been a very nice thing to have on road trips, FUSC. We’ll enjoy this benefit until we sell our last Tesla, or until the main battery needs to be replaced to the tune of $15,000.

Last edited:
Related, does anybody else get this every time they open the EA app? But under the "premium offers" there is nothing for lucid?
Screenshot_2024-03-17-12-59-07-32_38e6df8e0dd3caa795324c0fc94bbd04.jpg

Related, does anybody else get this every time they open the EA app? But under the "premium offers" there is nothing for lucid? View attachment 19311
For Lucid, you use the Lucid app, including to initiate charging if Plug and Charge fails. You won’t need the EA app at all until your free charging expires.

Other brands, like Hyundai, use the EA app and have a “premium offer” instead.

For Lucid, you use the Lucid app, including to initiate charging if Plug and Charge fails. You won’t need the EA app at all until your free charging expires.

Failed P and C happened to me for the first time after 8 months: I had to open the Lucid app, the EA button was illuminated, I hit it and it took me to a screen where I picked what pedestal I was at. Charged perfectly.

Unfortunately, the Lucid app sometimes doesn't populate the EA chargers (or just isn't great in general). When finding chargers, I prefer to use Plugshare. Then EA if need be. But not the Lucid app at all.

Unfortunately, the Lucid app sometimes doesn't populate the EA chargers (or just isn't great in general). When finding chargers, I prefer to use Plugshare. Then EA if need be. But not the Lucid app at all.
That’s fine. But that’s why you don’t see a “premium offer” in the EA app.

The Lucid app is where all the communication happens. How you *find* an EA charger is an entirely separate question.

Back