EA Free charging

I've actually had very good luck with EA charger authentication, I only had to tap on a button in my phone app once our of a couple dozen charging sessions.

Getting good speeds and finding all chargers working at any given location have been less fruitful.

I travelled 5000 miles in last three weeks of ownership and i charged 4800 miles of it in EA. Visited 16 stations and had issues only thrice which is more than 80% success. Even the three location it was fixed when i called them. One instance was my drivers door was open and EA said door need to be closed when plugging in and it worked. Other two instances seems to be issue with station and a reboot of station by support fixed it.
You're a lucky man. I'm off on a 1,000 mile road trip soon & I'm dreading what I'll run into. My experience making multiple 400 mile quasi-local r/t has been nothing short of a horror show.

You're a lucky man. I'm off on a 1,000 mile road trip soon & I'm dreading what I'll run into. My experience making multiple 400 mile quasi-local r/t has been nothing short of a horror show.

Depends on routes and which part of nation. For me, my 5000+ miles from California to Texas and Nevada to Texas round trips is worry-free. I only encountered 1 dubious station in New Mexico once.

Back