EA Free charging

andrew61

Verified Owner
Cars
BMW M4, Audi S4, Alfa 73
Just bought my car on 12/28. It's a new GT 2022. I was told by Lucid that I did not have EA free charging. However, in the Lucid App, it says I do have EA for two years. I'll give it a try. Very cool!

Great… we have heard that few other second hand owners indicated that EA charging worked for them. Enjoy while you can but certainly Lucid can pull the plug at any time. Knock on wood !!

If it says its active, will it generally work? Or better said, will I know if/when Lucid deactivates free charging?

Right now it says:
Charging included: Unlimited, up to 350 kwh, 2 years, from 12-27-23-12-27-25, 24 of 24 months remaining.

That seems good??

Yep - As long as it says in the app, you should be good.
Mine says that I have 25 months as I got my Touring in last year in January

Yep - As long as it says in the app, you should be good.
Mine says that I have 25 months as I got my Touring in last year in January
I guess it might "mostly" work. Twice in the last week, when I found EA chargers that worked (anywhere from 50-60% of the chargers I visited worked), I ended up paying for "free charging" as I didn't have the patience to wait to get off hold with EA when it wouldn't recognize my lucid. I presume the several cars waiting behind me didn't want me to wait on hold further either.
BTW, I am just over 1 year into 3 years of free EA charging.

That bad, eh? That's annoying

Honestly, it has pretty significantly improved. Although, I charge rarely at only ONE charger and I always had luck lately. However, in the past not so much as I wouldn’t get more than 50KW speed. I just charge at home but there are other who have taken significantly longer trips with EA being working without any issues.

I am just scared as I have charger anxiety. I am planning to drive to Detroit this summer. I will plan ahead on with ABRP and/or plugshare to see the chargers in vicinity.

That bad, eh? That's annoying
You'll see posts from people who had an issue, and others who made 1000-mile road trips without any. It varies.

...I am just scared as I have charger anxiety. I am planning to drive to Detroit this summer. I will plan ahead on with ABRP and/or plugshare to see the chargers in vicinity.
No need to be scared. Just have a backup plan for each place you intend to stop and charge. Could be EVGo, Chargepoint, etc.

Yeah. If you’ve not tried it with your car yet, find a station nearby and give it a whirl once, just to verify the plug and charge is set up correctly. You don’t want to find out it isn’t on an important road trip.

Charger quality varies, of course. But I’ve had very few issues with my car and EA.

I have always been able to charge to EA, frequently not at the rate I would like but EA has never really impacted a trip. More like few charges that took 15-20 minutes longer than they should have.

I have always been able to charge to EA, frequently not at the rate I would like but EA has never really impacted a trip. More like few charges that took 15-20 minutes longer than they should have.
I've had much worse, but it was more than a year ago, and I think things have improved since then. Lately no issues for me.

I travelled 5000 miles in last three weeks of ownership and i charged 4800 miles of it in EA. Visited 16 stations and had issues only thrice which is more than 80% success. Even the three location it was fixed when i called them. One instance was my drivers door was open and EA said door need to be closed when plugging in and it worked. Other two instances seems to be issue with station and a reboot of station by support fixed it.

I travelled 5000 miles in last three weeks of ownership and i charged 4800 miles of it in EA. Visited 16 stations and had issues only thrice which is more than 80% success. Even the three location it was fixed when i called them. One instance was my drivers door was open and EA said door need to be closed when plugging in and it worked. Other two instances seems to be issue with station and a reboot of station by support fixed it.

If you don’t mine me asking, what was your trip like ?

Wait what? The door being open affects charging? Wth?

If you don’t mine me asking, what was your trip like ?
One thing i can say, if its not Lucid i might have not been able to do the ling trip.

Trip one: Minneapolis to Florida 30hrs one stretch nearly 1650 miles
Second Trip: Florida to Dallas 19hrs 1050 miles
Third trip: Austin to Florida 22hrs 1150 miles(This trip has one issue with charger not working and have to call support and another to wait for a owner to finish 100% charge to her vehicle ☹️) so a delay of 2 hrs added.

Note: Yes no breaks , no sleep on those trips. Its single stretch 😀

Wait what? The door being open affects charging? Wth?
Thats what EA said me. Since my drivers door was open, it didnt authenticate. And after a reboot of charger and closing my door it worked. Dont know which fixed the issue 😅

Note: Yes no breaks , no sleep on those trips. Its single stretch 😀

I used to be able to do that. Not anymore. You must be young still!

Reactions: sri
I always plug in with my door open. I've only had a charge failure once, but it worked the second time and the door was still open, so I highly doubt that was the issue.
Will try again.

Back