RESOLVED Drive system fault - BRICKED

Halodde

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Well shit. Called customer care. Very disappointed and frustrated. This means a 7 hour tow trip to Natick (tomorrow because they are closed today) and being without the car for who knows how long. Any thoughts?
20230514_094120.jpg

On the positive side, I found out how to get the car in neutral when it's bricked so I was able to get the other car out of the garage lol

Sorry that you're experiencing this.

Couple questions that maybe can offer some insight.

1. Was CS able to send a reboot signal?
2. Was this after an update? If so, I know on an earlier update, I received these errors, but it was fixed using a simple reboot.
3. Was this after a DC fast charging session? Have also heard of folks, including Dave from Out of Spec, having this happen at problematic EA charging stations.

Hope you get quick resolution!

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately the reboot did not work, and it was not after DC fast charging. I installed the last OTA Thursday night and have driven the car several times since with no problems

Did you try the various reboot options posted elsewhere? Again, so sorry you’re dealing with this.

Yes. I tried the key card and holding the air logo ones. I guess I don't have the stones to try the 2 button one (that isn't recommended) because of the risk of making something worse.

Definitely don’t do that method. When one of the OTA updates gave me all the error messages, I did the turn signal reboot which worked. Could also try the Bobby reset, but it does sound like it could be something more serious. Keep us all posted…

Definitely don’t do that method. When one of the OTA updates gave me all the error messages, I did the turn signal reboot which worked. Could also try the Bobby reset, but it does sound like it could be something more serious. Keep us all posted…
How long ago was that? Last couple of times I tried the turn signal one, it didn't work. The turn signal just stayed on 🤷‍♂️ and then Customer service told me not to use that one anymore

Yes. I tried the key card and holding the air logo ones. I guess I don't have the stones to try the 2 button one (that isn't recommended) because of the risk of making something worse.
Yea, I think the two button one may wipe out some of the logs, which may be helpful in diagnosing the underlying cause of the drive fault.

On the positive side, I found out how to get the car in neutral when it's bricked so I was able to get the other car out of the garage lol
Sorry to hear about this.
Could you share the method to put the car in neutral?
Thanks.

How long ago was that? Last couple of times I tried the turn signal one, it didn't work. The turn signal just stayed on 🤷‍♂️ and then Customer service told me not to use that one anymore
Must’ve been back in January or February. Strange that the turn signal reset didn’t work. I’ve used a couple times recently just to force car to sleep. Just need to make sure car is locked.

Best guess? Motor failure. Was your car part of the latest recall?

Holly shit!
That's what I'm afraid of, especially on longer trips.
Let us know the outcome.

Nuke it. Got nothing to lose.

Sorry to hear about this.
Could you share the method to put the car in neutral?
Thanks.
I don't remember if I had to press the brake but I probably did. You have to pull down slightly on the right side shift lever but not far enough to try and put it in drive. Hold there and eventually it will shift to neutral and you will get a message that says something about emergency braking disabled

Update... Sort of. The power is completely shutting down without warning about 2 minutes or less after I unlock it. So, I couldn't even use the turn signal reboot because the car wouldn't stay 'on' long enough. And it actually shut down as I was trying the 2 button one also. I give up

Yea, my car goes in for the recall this week. A software update was pushed back in December to monitor the contact switches, if they open unexpectedly you lose power to the motors. I haven’t experienced that, but apparently mine need fixing to be safe.
Sounds like @Halodde needs a new motor. I personally would try the nuclear reset since there’s really nothing to lose. They can diagnose a bad motor without any logs that may be wiped. 🤷‍♂️

Back