Steering Assistance Reduced

Brown Eyes

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Good morning,

When I attempted to drive my AGT this morning, I had an alert "Steering Assistance Reduced." That was putting it mildly. It was worse than when power steering did not exist. I could not turn the wheels. I am unable to drive the car. When I called Customer Care, I was told the Service Center would call when it was open (tomorrow). Has anyone else seen this "Steering Assistance Reduced" alert? If so, what was the issue? How long did it take to correct the issue? Could it be fixed through troubleshooting or was your Lucid towed to the Service Center?

What did Lucid do, if anything, regarding your inability to use your Lucid? When I asked about an Uber/Lyft, I was told the Service Center may be able to tow me a vehicle tomorrow if my car is towed in or other options may be available. For today, I am without transportation. Previously, Lucid supplied Uber/Lyft rides when my Lucid was unavailable due to service issues. Now, it appears we are left to fend for ourselves.

Thanks,

IMG_0979.jpeg

Wow, that's the first time I see this.
Regardless, go to Enterprise (or similar) rent the car and Lucid should reimburse you.

Good morning,

When I attempted to drive my AGT this morning, I had an alert "Steering Assistance Reduced." That was putting it mildly. It was worse than when power steering did not exist. I could not turn the wheels. I am unable to drive the car. When I called Customer Care, I was told the Service Center would call when it was open (tomorrow). Has anyone else seen this "Steering Assistance Reduced" alert? If so, what was the issue? How long did it take to correct the issue? Could it be fixed through troubleshooting or was your Lucid towed to the Service Center?

What did Lucid do, if anything, regarding your inability to use your Lucid? When I asked about an Uber/Lyft, I was told the Service Center may be able to tow me a vehicle tomorrow if my car is towed in or other options may be available. For today, I am without transportation. Previously, Lucid supplied Uber/Lyft rides when my Lucid was unavailable due to service issues. Now, it appears we are left to fend for ourselves.

Thanks,

View attachment 19129
Did you try a logo reset?

I got a weird warning this morning about the emergency collision braking not functioning. I did the reset, and it went away.

This could be something much more serious, like a leak of a fluid of some kind. But it could also be a software glitch. Worth a try, anyway.

Did you try a logo reset?

I got a weird warning this morning about the emergency collision braking not functioning. I did the reset, and it went away.

This could be something much more serious, like a leak of a fluid of some kind. But it could also be a software glitch. Worth a try, anyway.
Good afternoon,

Thank you for the suggestion to reset. My Lucid is driving great now. I checked under the car and nothing seemed to have leaked. I used the turn signal method to reset:

Turn Signal method1: Unlock door, open door, turn on turn signal in either direction, exit car, close door, lock door, walk away far enough for fob/mobile key to not be detected by car and wait for blinker to stop. Car has been reset. Note that the blinker is simply a timer which ensures we don't unlock the car before the reset completes.

Hope this helps someone else. I love this forum.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the suggestion to reset. My Lucid is driving great now. I checked under the car and nothing seemed to have leaked. I used the turn signal method to reset:

Turn Signal method1: Unlock door, open door, turn on turn signal in either direction, exit car, close door, lock door, walk away far enough for fob/mobile key to not be detected by car and wait for blinker to stop. Car has been reset. Note that the blinker is simply a timer which ensures we don't unlock the car before the reset completes.

Hope this helps someone else. I love this forum.

I wish this was all I had needed to do to clear the warning that came up in my car a few weeks ago. My warning was different - “Drive System Warning” - in yellow letters. My car was still driveable but I was advised against doing so. Naturally, like you, this occurred on a a weekend (Saturday), when all Lucid Customer Care could do was pick up the phone and tell us that nothing really could be done until Monday.

Anyway, my story will have a happy ending. My car’s brand new battery arrived last Friday, three days earlier than Lucid Service expected. I expect to have my car back in the middle of next week, rather than at the end of next week, or the following week.

Back