Is it me? Lucid cruise is better?

sri

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Its two weeks since i purchased my GT and i already drive 4k miles. I came from Tesla Model 3/Y and used the Auto Pilot most of the times.
Lucid has Highway assist and i feel the cruise was smooth when accelerating and decelerating when compared to my Tesla on Autopilot.
I feel once Dream Drive develops to auto line change and auto steer , Tesla will be behind.

Do you all experience same on Highway assist?

Its two weeks since i purchased my GT and i already drive 4k miles. I came from Tesla Model 3/Y and used the Auto Pilot most of the times.
Lucid has Highway assist and i feel the cruise was smooth when accelerating and decelerating when compared to my Tesla on Autopilot.
I feel once Dream Drive develops to auto line change and auto steer , Tesla will be behind.

ACC on the Lucid I would say is industry leading. The other autonomous stuff not as much, but definitely agree ACC is better than Tesla on autopilot. Also, no phantom braking is definitely a positive.

I agree. Tesla has more functionality in theory but I always felt it was trying to kill me. The Lucid is smoother, more predictable, and I have more confidence in it.

For adaptive cruise I put my lucid third behind my Leaf and Solterra. Lucid is better than my wife’s Subaru ascent. My basis is how often I wrestle with the lane centering. the lucid could earn a point by having engagement of auto cruise be one button instead of two.

ACC on the Lucid I would say is industry leading. The other autonomous stuff not as much, but definitely agree ACC is better than Tesla on autopilot. Also, no phantom braking is definitely a positive.
I would say GM super cruise is industry leading. Lucid adaptive cruise is pretty good, to me ACC requires way too much steering input to prove you have hands on wheel, lane centering is ok, but in my experience super cruise is better.

Does anyone feel the car "jump" (momentarily) when disengaging cruise control? I expect the regenerative braking to kick in when cruise control is disengaged, but it takes a second or two. Is this to be expected?

Does anyone feel the car "jump" (momentarily) when disengaging cruise control? I expect the regenerative braking to kick in when cruise control is disengaged, but it takes a second or two. Is this to be expected?
I usually disengage by tapping the brake. I will say that there is a second or so delay before it engages, wouldn’t be surprised if there is a disengagement lag too. Will try next time I drive.

I think the delayed/gentle engaging of regen braking after disengaging ACC or HA is deliberate. In previous software versions, the instant hard engage of regen was considered quite jolting and so subsequent updates seemed to have smoothened out the action. I personally prefer it this way rather than the instant full engage.

I think the delayed/gentle engaging of regen braking after disengaging ACC or HA is deliberate. In previous software versions, the instant hard engage of regen was considered quite jolting and so subsequent updates seemed to have smoothened out the action. I personally prefer it this way rather than the instant full engage.
It is deliberate and was put in because of the complaints of it being too jarring

For adaptive cruise I put my lucid third behind my Leaf and Solterra. Lucid is better than my wife’s Subaru ascent. My basis is how often I wrestle with the lane centering. the lucid could earn a point by having engagement of auto cruise be one button instead of two.

But some prefer not to use Highway Assist. Whether to automate a feature or make it an option is a battle for every auto manufacturer.

Lucid’s ACC is the best of any car I’ve ever used. It slows more elegantly when a car cuts you off, and doesn’t break your neck accelerating if a car that you were following was slow and then leaves the lane you’re in. For Highway Assist it’s comparable to Volvo’s, right down to the damn hands on wheel warnings haha, it’s just that Volvos warning is a lot more subtle, almost too subtle but it warns me as much as the Lucid does, which is too much. By all accounts GM SuperCruise and Ford BlueCruise are supposedly even better, I just haven’t used theirs.

I don’t get why people think Tesla’s autopilot is great. In the Model 3 I had, it would slow too fast, accelerate too fast and kind of surprisingly, and phantom brake. It did do a better job at high speed corners than Lucid though. The worst though was the constant animation display of objects around you popping in and out which is distracting and twitchy, especially when it mistakes a street sign as someone on a bicycle or the moon as a green light at an intersection. It’s just sloppy.

Lucid’s ACC is the best of any car I’ve ever used. It slows more elegantly when a car cuts you off, and doesn’t break your neck accelerating if a car that you were following was slow and then leaves the lane you’re in. For Highway Assist it’s comparable to Volvo’s, right down to the damn hands on wheel warnings haha, it’s just that Volvos warning is a lot more subtle, almost too subtle but it warns me as much as the Lucid does, which is too much. By all accounts GM SuperCruise and Ford BlueCruise are supposedly even better, I just haven’t used theirs.

I don’t get why people think Tesla’s autopilot is great. In the Model 3 I had, it would slow too fast, accelerate too fast and kind of surprisingly, and phantom brake. It did do a better job at high speed corners than Lucid though. The worst though was the constant animation display of objects around you popping in and out which is distracting and twitchy, especially when it mistakes a street sign as someone on a bicycle or the moon as a green light at an intersection. It’s just sloppy.
Yes, i felt Tesla Auto Pilot as a rude driver compared to Lucid HA 😀

Back