So…How’s Dream Drive Pro doing lately?

Iggy

Cars
Bmw
DE Number
Potential new owner here. Would love to hear some good reviews of Dream Drive Pro. Was about to order a Tesla bit saw the new discounts. I love Autopilot and the new BMW highway assist. Has Lucid made inroads with Dream Drive Pro? Or it still a bit iffy?

Thanks on advance!

Potential new owner here. Would love to hear some good reviews of Dream Drive Pro. Was about to order a Tesla bit saw the new discounts. I love Autopilot and the new BMW highway assist. Has Lucid made inroads with Dream Drive Pro? Or it still a bit iffy?

Thanks on advance!
Lucid Dream Drive Pro, Tesla Autopilot equivalent, only works on highways and not city streets. That means it's geofenced while Tesla is generic and not geofenced.

GM Ultra Cruise will work with most if all paved roads and not just highways.

That means we just hope but have no ideas when additional features will be:

.Auto Lane Change
.Auto Exit (between highway interchanges and also Auto exit to a highway exit ramp).
.Expansion of the features into city streets

That means we just hope but have no ideas when additional features will be:

.Auto Lane Change
.Auto Exit (between highway interchanges and also Auto exit to a highway exit ramp).
.Expansion of the features into city streets
We have some idea what future features will be available. Lucid have already outlined a list of features for Traffic Jam assist and Highway Pilot, for instance.

Anything beyond that is speculation, yes. But expect those two first.

We have some idea what future features will be available. Lucid have already outlined a list of features for Traffic Jam assist and Highway Pilot, for instance.

Anything beyond that is speculation, yes. But expect those two first.
Could you provide some detail, or provide a link, to some detail for Traffic Jam assist and Highway Pilot? Thanks.

[Warning - long post upcoming….]

In response to the original post on this thread, I use Dream Drive every day. It’s not ‘pro’ yet because I still have to touch the wheel every 0.5 miles. Until that time when it doesn’t require me to touch the wheel, it’s basically lane centering plus adaptive cruise control. It works great. It is a game changer for me having these features on any car I get. The car almost never crosses the lines. It doesn’t ping pong back and forth. I still pay plenty attention to the road to make sure there isn’t debris, a big pothole, or a sharp turn. The most recent update to HA helped a lot because it allows me to gently put my hand on the wheel and the car will slowly nudge in that direction. This is helpful when passing a truck and I want to be left of center rather than dead center. Taking my hand off the wheel after passing the truck and the car will move back to being dead center in the lane.

Is it worth it? For me, a big yes. I love the fact that the car drives me on the highways yet I drive it on the side roads. Highway driving is boring and not very exciting. Set the cruise control. Turn on lane centering. Turn up the music. And then confidently take your hands off the wheel and relax. Keep alert and touch the wheel every 20-30 seconds (not necessary to jerk the wheel, just lightly touch it) and it will continue until you need to get off the highway. I drive a lot. It totally changes the driving dynamics having this feature. I have similar features in my Mustang Mach-E and in my Kia Sorento. The Mach-E is more advanced because BlueCruise tracks your eyes, chin and forehead so it knows if you are not looking at the road. It doesn’t require you to touch the wheel at all which is amazing. The Kia is quite good, but not as good as the MME or the Lucid. I need to pay more attention to the road when in the Kia because its not great at keeping dead center.

Compared to Tesla? I can’t because I don’t have much experience with AutoPilot. I think the HA and lane centering is similar. The Lucid only works on highways and can’t change lanes (which isn’t important for me). There’s no phantom breaking in the Lucid and it only requires a gentle touch of the wheel to tell it you are still paying attention, so I think in this aspect it’s better.

There is one flaw which I hope Lucid corrects because it’s a safety issue which was programmed in. If you take your seat belt off even for a second (to take something out of your pocket, for instance), the Lucid will immediately stop Dream drive, causing it to simultaneously go out of both HA and adaptive cruise control and aggressively slam on the breaks (because of regenerative breaking). This is very dangerous because when cruising on a highway at 70 mph with traffic with your hands off the wheel and your foot comfortably resting on the floor, the simple act of pushing a spring-loaded button will immediately cause the car to slam on the breaks, a danger to you (who no longer has the seat belt on), all your passengers, and all the cars behind you. Adding to the confusion are loud BING BING BING noises inside the vehicle warning you of something you already know - that your seat belt is off. It almost caused a major accident for me. Thankfully the car behind me swerved in time to miss me. It all happened in about 2-3 seconds at very high speeds. It was really upsetting. I’ve been driving over 35 years and occasionally taking off a seat belt while on the highway is not a big deal. It doesn’t happen often, but its always temporary. The car should NOT react so aggressively and so dangerously. The car should stay in Dream Drive mode which is far safer than kicking out of it. If the seat belt isn’t put back on for say 0.5 miles, then there could be warnings. Needless to say I wrote a detailed email to Lucid explaining the incident.

So, yes Dream Drive is worth it for me. It’s one of the best features in the car. I use it every day and love it. Just beware if ever you need to take take off your seatbelt because the car will then do about the most dangerous thing I can think of - slam on the breaks at highway speeds regardless if are cars behind you.

[Warning - long post upcoming….]

In response to the original post on this thread, I use Dream Drive every day. It’s not ‘pro’ yet because I still have to touch the wheel every 0.5 miles. Until that time when it doesn’t require me to touch the wheel, it’s basically lane centering plus adaptive cruise control. It works great. It is a game changer for me having these features on any car I get. The car almost never crosses the lines. It doesn’t ping pong back and forth. I still pay plenty attention to the road to make sure there isn’t debris, a big pothole, or a sharp turn. The most recent update to HA helped a lot because it allows me to gently put my hand on the wheel and the car will slowly nudge in that direction. This is helpful when passing a truck and I want to be left of center rather than dead center. Taking my hand off the wheel after passing the truck and the car will move back to being dead center in the lane.

Is it worth it? For me, a big yes. I love the fact that the car drives me on the highways yet I drive it on the side roads. Highway driving is boring and not very exciting. Set the cruise control. Turn on lane centering. Turn up the music. And then confidently take your hands off the wheel and relax. Keep alert and touch the wheel every 20-30 seconds (not necessary to jerk the wheel, just lightly touch it) and it will continue until you need to get off the highway. I drive a lot. It totally changes the driving dynamics having this feature. I have similar features in my Mustang Mach-E and in my Kia Sorento. The Mach-E is more advanced because BlueCruise tracks your eyes, chin and forehead so it knows if you are not looking at the road. It doesn’t require you to touch the wheel at all which is amazing. The Kia is quite good, but not as good as the MME or the Lucid. I need to pay more attention to the road when in the Kia because its not great at keeping dead center.

Compared to Tesla? I can’t because I don’t have much experience with AutoPilot. I think the HA and lane centering is similar. The Lucid only works on highways and can’t change lanes (which isn’t important for me). There’s no phantom breaking in the Lucid and it only requires a gentle touch of the wheel to tell it you are still paying attention, so I think in this aspect it’s better.

There is one flaw which I hope Lucid corrects because it’s a safety issue which was programmed in. If you take your seat belt off even for a second (to take something out of your pocket, for instance), the Lucid will immediately stop Dream drive, causing it to simultaneously go out of both HA and adaptive cruise control and aggressively slam on the breaks (because of regenerative breaking). This is very dangerous because when cruising on a highway at 70 mph with traffic with your hands off the wheel and your foot comfortably resting on the floor, the simple act of pushing a spring-loaded button will immediately cause the car to slam on the breaks, a danger to you (who no longer has the seat belt on), all your passengers, and all the cars behind you. Adding to the confusion are loud BING BING BING noises inside the vehicle warning you of something you already know - that your seat belt is off. It almost caused a major accident for me. Thankfully the car behind me swerved in time to miss me. It all happened in about 2-3 seconds at very high speeds. It was really upsetting. I’ve been driving over 35 years and occasionally taking off a seat belt while on the highway is not a big deal. It doesn’t happen often, but its always temporary. The car should NOT react so aggressively and so dangerously. The car should stay in Dream Drive mode which is far safer than kicking out of it. If the seat belt isn’t put back on for say 0.5 miles, then there could be warnings. Needless to say I wrote a detailed email to Lucid explaining the incident.

So, yes Dream Drive is worth it for me. It’s one of the best features in the car. I use it every day and love it. Just beware if ever you need to take take off your seatbelt because the car will then do about the most dangerous thing I can think of - slam on the breaks at highway speeds regardless if are cars behind you.
I totally agree, HA should not immediately disengage when a seat belt is detached. It should strongly warn you and then disengage maybe 5-10 seconds later.

Also, don’t take your seatbelt off while driving 70 mph. Even for a second. Whatever you dropped, or whatever comfort thing you are attempting is not worth it.

I strongly disagree.

When you drive your car manually, you can all the responsibilities that you want including taking off the seatbelt.

However, once you use the automation system, you need to comply to its terms of use.

Taking off the seatbelt while the car is in motion should be taken seriously in terms of safety and the automation system should not be blamed nor should it be a co-conspirator for such reckless behavior.

I just drove my car 400 miles. I found the HA to be very off in terms of staying centered in the lane. And worse, the steering completely disengages when the road has a little bend to it. The autopilot I had on my 2016 Tesla was years ahead. I’m loving the car and hoping that future updates improve this greatly. Right now, it’s not even close to what Tesla offers for free.

I just drove my car 400 miles. I found the HA to be very off in terms of staying centered in the lane. And worse, the steering completely disengages when the road has a little bend to it. The autopilot I had on my 2016 Tesla was years ahead. I’m loving the car and hoping that future updates improve this greatly. Right now, it’s not even close to what Tesla offers for free.

These kinds of comparisons don't accomplish anything. Every car does some things well that another doesn't. Some are free. Whether one is comparing to a Toyota (even my standard car does "X") or a Tesla vs. Lucid, the same holds true. For example, the Lucid has a blind spot warning, the Tesla does not. The list in either direction would be long.

To me, the only thing that makes sense is that one has to identify what one needs/wants and then see what vehicle comes closest to satisfying that need/desire.

I respectfully disagree. I own both teslas and a lucid. It’s literally the closest comparison there is. It just seems that HA is currently far behind other manufacturers. Again, I am enjoying the lucid way more than the model s, but we weren’t discussing the car here. We were discussing DDP. And from real world driving, I think it has a long way to go. I would expect it to be able to handle a major highway without crossing lanes or getting you stuck in between lanes where you need to fight the steering wheel to get back to where you are supposed to be.

These kinds of comparisons don't accomplish anything. Every car does some things well that another doesn't. Some are free. Whether one is comparing to a Toyota (even my standard car does "X") or a Tesla vs. Lucid, the same holds true. For example, the Lucid has a blind spot warning, the Tesla does not. The list in either direction would be long.

To me, the only thing that makes sense is that one has to identify what one needs/wants and then see what vehicle comes closest to satisfying that need/desire.
Just because a car is superior in blind spot warning system, that doesn’t excuse it to drift into another lane with its lane keeping function.

That function needs to be fixed no matters how much great the car is above all others.

Have your car seen by Lucid Service. Preferably at one of their service centres, and not through Mobile Service. A few months after taking delivery in September 2022, HA was released. From the very begining my car couldn’t get it right. It couldn’t stay centred, it would disconnect on freeway bends, etc, etc. It took a week at the service centre to diagnose the problem -faulty steering column sensors. Once those sensors were replaced, all of my problems with engaging and using HA disappeared.

Have your car seen by Lucid Service. Preferably at one of their service centres, and not through Mobile Service. A few months after taking delivery in September 2022, HA was released. From the very begining my car couldn’t get it right. It couldn’t stay centred, it would disconnect on freeway bends, etc, etc. It took a week at the service centre to diagnose the problem -faulty steering column sensors. Once those sensors were replaced, all of my problems with engaging and using HA disappeared.
Appreciate that. My car is supposed to be going in for some recall and hoping for new steering wheel. The creaking is driving me nuts. Will ask them. Ty.

As of now, what features of Dream Drive Pro actually work? and for the highway assist, does it steer the car, and can it switch lanes if you turn your indicator on?

As of now, what features of Dream Drive Pro actually work? and for the highway assist, does it steer the car, and can it switch lanes if you turn your indicator on?
It works, it steers the car, it will not automatically change lanes. If you want to learn more, there is an enormous amount of information here on the forum.

Thanks on advance!
I believe they are still dreaming about it. IMHO, the whole software was done poorly and late and they have serious problems doing the updates: this is why the "release notes" for each update are at best vague - they tell you" with this update we improved some items in the ...blah, blah and connectivity and stability of blah blah functions.

I believe they are still dreaming about it. IMHO, the whole software was done poorly and late and they have serious problems doing the updates: this is why the "release notes" for each update are at best vague - they tell you" with this update we improved some items in the ...blah, blah and connectivity and stability of blah blah functions.
Who is they?

Please review the guidelines.

Back