Lucid Air Pure - Drive Dream Basic

rob37w

I just ordered a Lucid Air Pure and was unable to get the Drive Dream Premium since they had ZERO in stock. I will have the standard Drive Dream.

Is this a mistake? Should I hold off until I can get an Air Pure with Drive Dream Premium? What do I lose out on besides the 360 camera?

I could've gotten the Touring fully loaded, but it was around $400 more a month for the lease, and it was hard to justify.

I would love to hear from owners with real life experience with Drive Dream. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I would probably wait if you aren't in a rush. Dream drive on a pure won't have the additional cameras if you wanted to upgrade later. From my understanding you only get adaptive cruise control. I have Dream drive Pure.

I just ordered a Lucid Air Pure and was unable to get the Drive Dream Premium since they had ZERO in stock. I will have the standard Drive Dream.

Is this a mistake? Should I hold off until I can get an Air Pure with Drive Dream Premium? What do I lose out on besides the 360 camera?

I could've gotten the Touring fully loaded, but it was around $400 more a month for the lease, and it was hard to justify.

I would love to hear from owners with real life experience with Drive Dream. Thanks for your help.
DDPremium includes the 360 surround view and the blind spot cameras when signaling. DDPro adds the Highway Assist and future ADAS features with no idea on delivery dates. I, personally, feel the cameras are 100% worth their cost. It's so hard to see around the car when parking, so I know the cameras have saved me countless times.

At present, I wouldn't miss much if I only have the standard adaptive cruise control without the premium or pro features.

Premium option would give you 360 Bird's-eye view for parking and live video blind spot display for manually changing lane.

Pro option would also get you Highway Assist and hardware ready for the future.

I've never had a car before with the 360 view or blind spot monitoring. However, after seeing the 360 on some Lucid videos and in the test drive I was sold. The blind spot video monitoring is not as important, to me, since the mirror blind spot light already handles that, but it is included with the Premium. So, I would place an order with at least get the DD Premium.

Last edited:
Agree with everyone else that DD Premium is worth it. Pro is very debatable on worth but in the current state I would definitely say it's not worth the price.

@rob37w did you end up waiting for DreamDrive Premium on Pure and actually get it?

I’m in the same situation: I really want the Pure. I picked a car, and went through the lease application process. But the Pure I picked only has Dream Drive basic, which is kind of pathetic. It’s comparable to what you get on a Corolla. And I trust Toyota on safety more than Lucid. I initially simply assumed that Dream Drive basic had the 360 cameras: it’s a luxury car and they call it “Dream” Drive.

There are Pures with Dream Drive Pro, but those aren’t eligible for the pro credit if I do a lease. And I want the lease for the $7500 reduction; I don’t get that on a purchase.

Never mind, I talked to a Lucid rep and they confirmed that there are no more dream Drive premiums in inventory, and they’re not making any more cars for custom orders now. To get what I want (Pure, DD Premium, normal sound), I would have to wait until they start production of 2024 models, and it wasn’t clear when that would happen.

Hopefully you were able to snag a Pure with DD Premium!

I’ll probably still get the pure with normal dream drive though: I really like the car.

Never mind, I talked to a Lucid rep and they confirmed that there are no more dream Drive premiums in inventory, and they’re not making any more cars for custom orders now. To get what I want (Pure, DD Premium, normal sound), I would have to wait until they start production of 2024 models, and it wasn’t clear when that would happen.

Hopefully you were able to snag a Pure with DD Premium!

I’ll probably still get the pure with normal dream drive though: I really like the car.

Lol I literally hit refresh all the time on the available cars website. I saw this one and instantly called lucid to claim it. Mine! Didn’t want the pro sound and would have liked silver rather than white. But when it comes to DD Premium, beggars can’t be choosers.

I guess someone decided they didn’t want this car. Thank you mystery person!

Lol I literally hit refresh all the time on the available cars website. I saw this one and instantly called lucid to claim it. Mine! Didn’t want the pro sound and would have liked silver rather than white. But when it comes to DD Premium, beggars can’t be choosers.

I guess someone decided they didn’t want this car. Thank you mystery person!
SSP should be credited free with the current promo so I wouldn't be upset about it.

Unfortunately I don’t get the SSP credit if I do a lease. And I want the lease for the $7500 credit. Very annoying.

I’ve found the car experience with lucid to be somewhat crazy. I can’t just get the car I want. Instead I have to wait for people to cancel their orders and hope a car similar enough to what I want pops up. It’s almost like they aren’t making cars anymore

Unfortunately I don’t get the SSP credit if I do a lease. And I want the lease for the $7500 credit. Very annoying.

I’ve found the car experience with lucid to be somewhat crazy. I can’t just get the car I want. Instead I have to wait for people to cancel their orders and hope a car similar enough to what I want pops up. It’s almost like they aren’t making cars anymore
I mean, you can absolutely get the car you want. You’d just have to order it and wait like most of us did. :)

Same with any car manufacturer. You can buy what's on the lot or order it exactly like you want.

Hmm some Lucid rep that I talked to recently told me that they are not doing custom orders anymore, I would need to wait till the 2024 models, and there was no estimate on when that would be.

Maybe I misunderstood or they were wrong. But that does match how the website works now: I can’t find a way to configure a car and submit it as an order. The only option is “View Similar Available Cars”.

I’ll call them tomorrow.

Hmm some Lucid rep that I talked to recently told me that they are not doing custom orders anymore, I would need to wait till the 2024 models, and there was no estimate on when that would be.

Maybe I misunderstood or they were wrong. But that does match how the website works now: I can’t find a way to configure a car and submit it as an order. The only option is “View Similar Available Cars”.

I’ll call them tomorrow.
Are you located near any of these studios? Stop in there and talk to one of the sales people.

I called Lucid this morning. Here is what the rep said:

The are not doing custom order right now. Only available inventory cars can be purchased. Some time later this year the 2024 models will be ready for custom orders, but the rep said they had no idea when that would be. Once a custom order for a 2024 is placed, it will be about 1-2 months to get the car. She said she also had no info on what will be new or different about the 2024 models.

This makes sense to me: lucid had lower than expected demand relative to production, and now they have a glut of 2023 inventory they need to sell before rolling out non-sapphire 2024 models. Making any more custom 2023s wouldn’t make sense.

So I either get a car right now that is reasonably similar to what I want, or wait to get exactly what I want. Based on Lucid’s track record, my guess is that I wouldn’t get a built-to-order lucid pure until March 2024. Been waiting a year already, so just going to get the car now.

There is a showroom near me (Plano). But when I’ve gone there before I didn’t find them to have any more info than the reps on the phone.

I called Lucid this morning. Here is what the rep said:

The are not doing custom order right now. Only available inventory cars can be purchased. Some time later this year the 2024 models will be ready for custom orders, but the rep said they had no idea when that would be. Once a custom order for a 2024 is placed, it will be about 1-2 months to get the car. She said she also had no info on what will be new or different about the 2024 models.

This makes sense to me: lucid had lower than expected demand relative to production, and now they have a glut of 2023 inventory they need to sell before rolling out non-sapphire 2024 models. Making any more custom 2023s wouldn’t make sense.

So I either get a car right now that is reasonably similar to what I want, or wait to get exactly what I want. Based on Lucid’s track record, my guess is that I wouldn’t get a built-to-order lucid pure until March 2024. Been waiting a year already, so just going to get the car now.

There is a showroom near me (Plano). But when I’ve gone there before I didn’t find them to have any more info than the reps on the phone.
What’s the difference between your ideal and available vehicles?

Ideal would be Pure, 19”, Silver, normal sound, DD Premium

The one I’m going to get has 19”, DD premium, but SSP and is white. The SSP is mostly just annoying due to the extra $2.9k. White vs Silver is unfortunate, but the white still looks good. DD Premium was my highest priority so I was willing to compromise on the sound and color; it’s very hard to get a DD premium right now

Ideal would be Pure, 19”, Silver, normal sound, DD Premium

The one I’m going to get has 19”, DD premium, but SSP and is white. The SSP is mostly just annoying due to the extra $2.9k. White vs Silver is unfortunate, but the white still looks good. DD Premium was my highest priority so I was willing to compromise on the sound and color; it’s very hard to get a DD premium right now
There’s lots of great deals on the higher models too.

Back