Insurance companies don't list exact Lucid models

karamhanna

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Planning to lease a Lucid Touring next year, started collecting info about insurance cost here in SoCal, called my current insurance company (AAA) to get a quote, their system only shows Air GT and Dream as the only two types for Lucid, also tried Liberty and they only list Lucid Air as a car type, so if you lease/buy Pure or Touring or GT they all going to be the same premium, I think it is stupid, SoCal owners, who do you insure with?

Look through the forum. There are a few insurance threads. I will say that AAA is among the more expensive companies you can go with. I was with AAA until I got the Lucid.

Planning to lease a Lucid Touring next year, started collecting info about insurance cost here in SoCal, called my current insurance company (AAA) to get a quote, their system only shows Air GT and Dream as the only two types for Lucid, also tried Liberty and they only list Lucid Air as a car type, so if you lease/buy Pure or Touring or GT they all going to be the same premium, I think it is stupid, SoCal owners, who do you insure with?
I am with AAA. Here is how they have it on my policy - 2023 Lucd Air Ev 4d 4wd Touri 4 Door. I hope this helps

Look through the forum. There are a few insurance threads. I will say that AAA is among the more expensive companies you can go with. I was with AAA until I got the Lucid.
Thanks. Which company did you go with? AAA quote is $5300 a year which is high for a touring.

Insurance companies don't appear to be "up to speed" with Lucid models. State Farm has my Pure showing as a Grand Touring. My agent stated that was the only car in their system. Doesn't matter what they call it, the VIN is correct and I'm covered.

Insurance companies don't appear to be "up to speed" with Lucid models. State Farm has my Pure showing as a Grand Touring. My agent stated that was the only car in their system. Doesn't matter what they call it, the VIN is correct and I'm covered.
I tried to get a quote from state farm but they don’t cover new clients any more in California. Our state is horrible

I tried to get a quote from state farm but they don’t cover new clients any more in California. Our state is horrible
Search for the long insurance thread on this forum, there's a lot of great info in it which helped us a lot when we recently got our new AGT. I am in TX and we went with USAA as we have had them for years, we got a comparable quote from Liberty Mutual also, not sure about CA auto insurance though.

Geico. AAA quoted $8200/yr. GEICO is cheap at $5200 🤣

Geico. AAA quoted $8200/yr. GEICO is cheap at $5200 🤣
That was my bill with AAA, and that was before the accident!
Thanks. Which company did you go with? AAA quote is $5300 a year which is high for a touring.
I went with Safeco. First year was $5200, including new car replacement and almost free glass replacement. But I'm shopping around right now., since the second year is considerably more expensive. Obviously having an at fault accident doesn't bring your rates down, but the renewal rate is back to the AAA price.

When did this happen? SF issued a policy for me in September.

2023 Air GT
Geico - $2400 a year
$100K/$300K/$100K
$500 Deductible Comprehensive
$1500 Deductible Collision

Agreed. Getting insurance in CA is horrible right now, auto and home. But that's weird. I talked to State Farm in early November. The agent said they were not issuing home policies but were issuing automobile ones. at least for good drivers.

2023 Air GT
Geico - $2400 a year
$100K/$300K/$100K
$500 Deductible Comprehensive
$1500 Deductible Collision
It is about time that someone listed the coverage. Without that, the information about rates is useless.

This coverage is pretty thin. If, like most on this forum (I suspect) you have an umbrella insurance policy, the coverage minimums are higher, such as 250/500/100. If you don't have an umbrella, but own a Lucid, I would strongly suggest getting one.

Wawanesa. Yeah, I never heard of them before my Audi dealer put me on about 4 years ago. Paying practically the same on my Pure as on my S4. Had a claim in ‘22 and they paid no fuss no muss. Sure, they don’t have any ads but I’d rather keep the money in my pocket.

That was my bill with AAA, and that was before the accident!

I went with Safeco. First year was $5200, including new car replacement and almost free glass replacement. But I'm shopping around right now., since the second year is considerably more expensive. Obviously having an at fault accident doesn't bring your rates down, but the renewal rate is back to the AAA price.
I’ve been with Safeco since Oct 22 and now they’re telling me they don’t insure Lucid cars, I have an Air GT. So either something has changed or they’re giving me the run around. Are you still covered by Safeco?

Back