need new insurance company

DKap

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, Model S
I recently purchased a Lucid Air and love the car. However, I am insured with Progressive and the increased my rates significantly. They are now charging me over $5,000 per year. My 16 year old son is about to get his license and they want to increase the rate to over $15,000 per year. My last car was a Tesla Model S. Does anyone have recommendations for a good auto insurance company for Florida. I am considered a safe driver and have not had any claims in over 3 years.

I recently purchased a Lucid Air and love the car. However, I am insured with Progressive and the increased my rates significantly. They are now charging me over $5,000 per year. My 16 year old son is about to get his license and they want to increase the rate to over $15,000 per year. My last car was a Tesla Model S. Does anyone have recommendations for a good auto insurance company for Florida. I am considered a safe driver and have not had any claims in over 3 years.
Get a separate policy for your son on a separate car. On your policy specifically prohibit him from driving the Lucid.

Heard about the insurance problems in Florida, I'm so sorry. I don't have any advice but here in the opposite part of the country in WA my pure is 1200/year - but I don't have a kid driving in my household.

I know Florida is a very difficult insurance market, but you need to get quotes from almost every insurer who will give you one. It only takes one good one to get out of that mess. You can use an independent agent, but also seek out any that don't use other agencies (Amica comes to mind).

New drivers in your household will kill your insurance rates. Before my kids started getting their licenses my car and my wife's policy was $1400 every six months. Once my son got his license my policy jumped to $4000 every six months and a few months ago my daughter got her license and my policy jumped to $6000 every six months. If possible get your kids their own policy but unfortunately the price they wanted to charge my kids separately would cost more than the increases on my policy.,

I recommend shopping around for auto insurance quotes in Florida to find the best rate. Some popular insurance companies to consider include Geico, State Farm, Allstate, and USAA (if you're eligible). Rates can vary significantly from one insurer to another, so getting multiple quotes is a good strategy to find the most competitive rate for your situation.

That sucks ... unfortunately, Connect by AmFam (Costco insurance) stopped writing new policies in FL as they did in CA. Fortunately, I got them before they stopped. My rate in CA is ~$800/6m for my Air and R1S ... good luck!!!

I have been looking at insurance for a week now I'm in Texas, had to switch from USAA as they do not offer lease gap insurance and we are leasing. The Hartford had a great price for us on the AGT much cheaper than USAA or Liberty Mutual and they offered a 0$ glass deductible.

I don't let lack of gap insurance be the deciding factor in my insurance. You can always "self insure" for that catastrophic event if you're "upside down" 20k then you pay the 20k in that one in a million event. Unless of course cost is roughly the same with or without it. Depends on your risk tolerance though.

I don't let lack of gap insurance be the deciding factor in my insurance. You can always "self insure" for that catastrophic event if you're "upside down" 20k then you pay the 20k in that one in a million event. Unless of course cost is roughly the same with or without it. Depends on your risk tolerance though the Hartford

Hartford was significantly less than USAA and offered 0$ glass ded and lease gap insurance. Liberty was about the same$ as USAA and they offered lease gap insurance, can't believe USAA doesnt have lease gap insurance only loan.

They just cancelled this new policy🤬🤬🤬🤬
Wait what? Hartford, or Liberty? Or USAA?

See, this is why I'm happy with PURE. I know I'm overpaying, but the convenience of not having to deal with this or aggravation in an already tense situation like an accident, is worth it, to me.

I got my renewal cost from Safeco this morning. It's a 65% increase!! I have a call in to my agent, but if she can't adjust some numbers, it's time to start making phone calls.

Wait what? Hartford, or Liberty? Or USAA?

See, this is why I'm happy with PURE. I know I'm overpaying, but the convenience of not having to deal with this or aggravation in an already tense situation like an accident, is worth it, to me.
The Hartford/AARP cancelled the brand new policy, said they screwed up and they don't cover EVS...so I'm using USAA now as we get the car tomorrow. What idiots they wrote me a policy with the VIN and Hartford would have had to cover it for 30 days but I said no thanks, I'm sticking with USAA.$1300 for 6mos 1000 ded full good coverag on AGT.

The Hartford/AARP cancelled the brand new policy, said they screwed up and they don't cover EVS...so I'm using USAA now as we get the car tomorrow. What idiots they wrote me a policy with the VIN and Hartford would have had to cover it for 30 days but I said no thanks, I'm sticking with USAA.$1300 for 6mos 1000 ded full good coverag on AGT.
You have a pretty good deal with USAA anyway. But I agree, I wouldn't want to deal with an agent who could make a stupid mistake like that.

Man, I would LOVE $1300/6mo...

I call every single insurance company. My experience is Geico was by far the cheapest in Vegas, next in line is State Farms. Both of which are $1500 cheaper than Safeco, Allstate, and Progressive. Do a Geico quote online, doesn't take that long.

Back