Lucid Air Pure - Drive Dream Basic

Just got my Pure this week. The delivery advisor said it's the first DD Premium he encountered. I'm an early reservation and specifically switched to DD Premium (from regular DD) when the option for Premium came out. I'm so glad they came out with premium as I feel 360 cameras should be standard on all midrange cars and up. The inventory out there are likely builds that were not picked up from reservation holders (seems lots of cancellations out there), and a lot of people opted against DD pro because it was too expensive for what it is (vaporware). They didn't message the DD Premium that well so not that many people (who were not paying close attention and not serious with getting the Lucid) opted for it I guess.

Just got my Pure this week. The delivery advisor said it's the first DD Premium he encountered. I'm an early reservation and specifically switched to DD Premium (from regular DD) when the option for Premium came out. I'm so glad they came out with premium as I feel 360 cameras should be standard on all midrange cars and up. The inventory out there are likely builds that were not picked up from reservation holders (seems lots of cancellations out there), and a lot of people opted against DD pro because it was too expensive for what it is (vaporware). They didn't message the DD Premium that well so not that many people (who were not paying close attention and not serious with getting the Lucid) opted for it I guess.
The problem with the current state of DD Pro is that presently there aren’t a lot of features that are not standard on most other cars. I think once they start delivering the full beans, they will be in a better position to offer more features in their standard package. I happen to agree that the 360 camera should be standard on the Air, but understand why they are not doing it that way right now.

The problem with the current state of DD Pro is that presently there aren’t a lot of features that are not standard on most other cars. I think once they start delivering the full beans, they will be in a better position to offer more features in their standard package. I happen to agree that the 360 camera should be standard on the Air, but understand why they are not doing it that way right now.
360 needs to be standard at least on touring and up. Base Pure (which I have) sure charge me 2500.

Needs to be standard at least on touring and up. Base Pure (which I have) sure charge me 2500.
Well, they could always just raise the price of the car by $2500 and break even. But there’s a real art to pricing and options, and I’m guessing Lucid is still very much in flux when it comes to these things.

I’m confident when DDPro gets more of its features built out (traffic jam assist, highway pilot) we’ll start to see features move around and prices fluctuate between all these options.

But my guess is the standard car with no upgrades won’t get things like 360 cam, because that requires several more cameras. Software is easy to add for little cost. Hardware is not.

And no matter how many times people suggest “other cheaper cars have 360” they do not have Lucid’s 360. Lucid is miles ahead of any other 360 implementation. Again, because of that extra hardware.

I got DD pro and SS pro since they offered it with a deal. I did not want SS pro. But wow. One of things i like the most about the car is the sound system. Listening to music on SS pro and Tidal is just awesome! I actually look forward to driving just to listen to music.

I got DD pro and SS pro since they offered it with a deal. I did not want SS pro. But wow. One of things i like the most about the car is the sound system. Listening to music on SS pro and Tidal is just awesome! I actually look forward to driving just to listen to music.
I'm not a music person by any means, but boy the regular sound system sucks on my car. I wonder how SS pro sounds.

I'm not a music person by any means, but boy the regular sound system sucks on my car. I wonder how SS pro sounds.
Neither am I. I only used to listen to news and sports on my SiriusXM before. Now, 80% of the time I listen to Atmos music via Tidal on the Lucid.

Back