Lane departure warning

Green G

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid Air GT
I have searched for this and if I missed it, please point me to the thread.
My lane departure warning is set to “intervention” only because I was getting annoyed by the audible warning. However, it is still audible but most importantly, when it rings a few times, I get a loud warning that says “Be Careful. Keep both hands on the steering wheel” and it rings 15-20 times during which the music stops. Very annoying.

Does anyone know how to exit/cancel/dismiss that annoying 15x warning? I’ve tried most buttons on the steering wheel to no avail. I have disengaged the lane departure feature but I should not have to give up my DApro features because the car is so sensitive about the lane.
@borski you had mentioned somewhere that your car stays in the middle when LA is engaged. Mine goes from side to side and then the 15x warning ensues.

Appreciate any words of wisdom.

There are several things here I think that need clarification.

1) Lane Departure Protection is separate from DreamDrive Highway Assist.
2) There is a safety feature called Lane Keep Assist which will ping pong you between the lines especially if you have it selected as Intervention only. This is not actively steering for you, rather nudging your car back towards the center.
3) DreamDrive Highway Assist is different where it will actively center you in the middle of the lane. You need to have DreamDrive Pro for this feature however.

There are several things here I think that need clarification.

1) Lane Departure Protection is separate from DreamDrive Highway Assist.
2) There is a safety feature called Lane Keep Assist which will ping pong you between the lines especially if you have it selected as Intervention only. This is not actively steering for you, rather nudging your car back towards the center.
3) DreamDrive Highway Assist is different where it will actively center you in the middle of the lane. You need to have DreamDrive Pro for this feature however.
Thanks for clarifying. I was referring to lane departure protection in this case. Would like to hear how to dismiss the 15x ring when it comes on (or am I an exceptionally bad driver ?)

Thanks for clarifying. I was referring to lane departure protection in this case. Would like to hear how to dismiss the 15x ring when it comes on (or am I an exceptionally bad driver ?)
Uhm, well I think most of us have it set to warning only, but don't cross the line? It only goes off if you are staying too close or crossing it. Note, you can use Highway Assist and this should not occur at all during that time, unless you are manually biasing the car near a line.

Uhm, well I think most of us have it set to warning only, but don't cross the line? It only goes off if you are staying too close or crossing it. Note, you can use Highway Assist and this should not occur at all during that time, unless you are manually biasing the car near a line.
I don’t actually actively try to cross the line just to engage this feature but I see how I may have created that impression. I’ll try the highway assist and see how that feels but I assume then there is a speed set too.
So, back to the main question: there is no way to dismiss the repetitive warning? I promise to stop asking this question after this.

I don’t actually actively try to cross the line just to engage this feature but I see how I may have created that impression. I’ll try the highway assist and see how that feels but I assume then there is a speed set too.
So, back to the main question: there is no way to dismiss the repetitive warning? I promise to stop asking this question after this.
No there is not, though I admit I'm having trouble seeing a scenario where this engages 15x without you either not steering at all or on purposely crossing the lines 😁

No there is not, though I admit I'm having trouble seeing a scenario where this engages 15x without you either not steering at all or on purposely crossing the lines 😁
Fair. I do drive close to the left side and engage the lane assist and need to change my driving style. My previous cars did not have that level of sensitivity. Mea Culpa. I’ll flog myself today (and not engage the massage feature thereafter as that would hurt even more).

I think this 15x warning you see is a bug in the lane departure warning. I have seen it a couple of times on a narrow road narrow my house with a double yellow center line stripe that I frequently drive over the line because the road is so narrow. The Lane departure warning does not like me to drive over the line for a long time and goes into this "pay attention keep hands on wheel" mode. I know of no way to turn it off other than to turn the feature off.

Fair. I do drive close to the left side and engage the lane assist and need to change my driving style. My previous cars did not have that level of sensitivity. Mea Culpa. I’ll flog myself today (and not engage the massage feature thereafter as that would hurt even more).
The alternative is to turn off the feature completely.

I'm sure you are correct. We can name the different modes and define what they do but...
Lucid wants to be the high end ev player, and they are so far behind on auto driving features and capabilities it is embarrassing. I am currently renting a Hyundai Palisade ( 1/2 the price of my Lucid) with features and functions that actually work and put Lucid to shame. Why am I renting this car? Because my Lucid crapped the bed on Friday and had to be towed 150 miles away to the service center.

OK. None of this would be so bad, EXCEPT, I paid $10,000 to have driving functions that almost every other company offers and has currenrly available, for free.

My car is 11 months old with 7,000 miles, a fatal flaw in the rear end, and no features I hoped for, almost a year ago. Patience is one thing, but Lucid needs to make a real commitment to actually delivering on the promises of the best high end ev.

I'm sure you are correct. We can name the different modes and define what they do but...
Lucid wants to be the high end ev player, and they are so far behind on auto driving features and capabilities it is embarrassing. I am currently renting a Hyundai Palisade ( 1/2 the price of my Lucid) with features and functions that actually work and put Lucid to shame. Why am I renting this car? Because my Lucid crapped the bed on Friday and had to be towed 150 miles away to the service center.

OK. None of this would be so bad, EXCEPT, I paid $10,000 to have driving functions that almost every other company offers and has currenrly available, for free.

My car is 11 months old with 7,000 miles, a fatal flaw in the rear end, and no features I hoped for, almost a year ago. Patience is one thing, but Lucid needs to make a real commitment to actually delivering on the promises of the best high end ev.
Not a pleasant report. Are you actually renting the Palisade? If so, why? Isn't Lucid giving you a loaner?

Lucid is renting the car for me. I would have loved to get a Lucid loaner, but it is likely much cheaper for them to rent a car locally.

Lucid is renting the car for me. I would have loved to get a Lucid loaner, but it is likely much cheaper for them to rent a car locally.

While I would prefer an EV, assuming it is in good working condition and not filthy, I would consider this an acceptable loaner and I would expect the manufacturer (Lucid) to arrange and pay for the loaner, not the vehicle purchaser. Reimbursement is a pain. So in my book, and everyone is different, this is an okay experience.

Back