Picking up Air Pure tomorrow. What should I know?

Greatwife

Cars
Air Pure
My husband is a car guy, and very excited about this car. I'm a deal gal, and thrilled by the lease terms we got. But I'm concerned neither of us know what we don't know. This happened fast and we've done little research.
Can anyone tell me what they learned in advance that really helped them, or what they wish they'd known before and during their Lucid delivery? I think the 240v 15-40 outlet will be sufficient for us and I'm getting electrician quotes. We live in Tampa, and will take a Lyft to the West Palm service center in the morning.

Most important, the Lucid is a very fun car to drive, so have fun! I am sure that you will.

On the more serious side, the Lucid was my first EV also. Get used to high regen as soon as you can. It will come natural after just a few drives. Set you battery charge to % rather than miles because the mile remaining will mislead you. Don't count on EPA range unless you want to accelerate slow and drive under 65MPH (no fun). With respect to range, speed will cut into it very fast, headwinds will impact it more than you expect from an ICE car as will elevation gain. The Lucid navigation is very good a predicting range so use it for trips. Search the form for threads on range and you will find more than you can read. Try out EA and another charging brand when you are not stressed by time or low state of charge. Get your home charging set up as soon as you can because that makes it really convenient to recharge overnight with almost no effort.

Your delivery advisor will walk you through most of the setup so that should be easy. Be sure to set it up for both you and your husband.

If or when issues arise, ask the community here for help. You will get lots of help. Welcome to the Lucid Owners Club.

My husband is a car guy, and very excited about this car. I'm a deal gal, and thrilled by the lease terms we got. But I'm concerned neither of us know what we don't know. This happened fast and we've done little research.
Can anyone tell me what they learned in advance that really helped them, or what they wish they'd known before and during their Lucid delivery? I think the 240v 15-40 outlet will be sufficient for us and I'm getting electrician quotes. We live in Tampa, and will take a Lyft to the West Palm service center in the morning.
Go through the ownership videos on Lucid website , better to see those than read a manual.

If I were to do it again, I'd not focus too much on lists and be more in a 'lets have most fun with no worry' mindset...but obviously I say that after going through every possible list at my pickup...try to stop and remember the moment you drive off and floor it for the first time as your car..! Goosebumps...just enjoy the time..prolong it as you will savor it later ..omg I'm a Lucid fanboy..

Do a thorough check of fit, finish and functionality of everything inside and outside the car. Have anything that looks off or not functioning properly documented by your tech. They should set up your phones to work with the car at delivery. Be prepared by downloading the Lucid app on both phones prior to showing up. As others have said, enjoy the experience and the first drive in YOUR Lucid.

Do a thorough check of fit, finish and functionality of everything inside and outside the car. Have anything that looks off or not functioning properly documented by your tech. They should set up your phones to work with the car at delivery. Be prepared by downloading the Lucid app on both phones prior to showing up. As others have said, enjoy the experience and the first drive in YOUR Lucid.
A connect on the phone set up. The primary driver should be the first person to set up their phone. The app will work for both, but a few things can only be set by the primary driver.

I got my pure last november. Despite the “vibe” of this forum ar times, the car works great. I have had almost no serious problems and am loving it. 4K miles in so far!

Assume things work and if something seems off go to the online manual or maybe search the Lucid website or this forum. My finding has been most issues are just the learning curve for me.

Enjoy! The car is great and my last car was a MB E63 so I’m used to having a nice car.

Please be sure that your electrician installs an industrial-grade outlet from Hubbell, Cooper, or Bryant, rather than a residential-spec Leviton or equivalent. Once you've become used to driving a powerful electric vehicle, it's difficult to go back to dealing with gas. Because of that, my suggestion would be to spend a little extra and get a home charging station hardwired in. It'll offer faster charging and maximum convenience.

Thank you DeaneG. Have reviewed to helpful information on the forum about that. Slight wrinkle is we expect to move within 18 months. Should I hardwire the home charger or just a 14-50 outlet? It might be equal cost for labor and maybe if I hardwire the charger, I can still take it with me when we move? Buying the charger will only cost 200.

Thank you DeaneG. Have reviewed to helpful information on the forum about that. Slight wrinkle is we expect to move within 18 months. Should I hardwire the home charger or just a 14-50 outlet? It might be equal cost for labor and maybe if I hardwire the charger, I can still take it with me when we move? Buying the charger will only cost 200.
The Juicebox charger I have plugs into a 14-50 outlet. So you can move it if you need to. I originally had it mounted outside because I was parking my last car in the driveway, and had an electrician add an outlet inside the garage and move the bracket when I got the Lucid. If/when I move, I can take it with me.

Bring USB and USB-C charging cords. Download PlugShare and ABRP apps if you ingend to make extended trip for charging outside of house.

Hardwire is usually better for more amperage. Having 14-50 outlet is good for flexibility as there are splitter in the market let you plug in 2 EVs at same time to control split amperage to each car.

Either way is fine, you can sell home with charger on it as highlight point.

That is really interesting. So, you don’t need to use a hose to rinse it off? It really works as well as normal wash?
It really is no rinse, just spray on, wait a few minutes, wipe off. It is definitely not as thorough as a good soap spray, but it's so much faster. I use ONR through the winter when my hoses are winterized, and I use it for regular quick washes even in summer. It does a great job and leaves a nice shine. When I have time and my car is extra dirty, like today, I'll do a regular soapy wash.

That is really interesting. So, you don’t need to use a hose to rinse it off? It really works as well as normal wash?
Yes

It really is no rinse, just spray on, wait a few minutes, wipe off. It is definitely not as thorough as a good soap spray, but it's so much faster. I use ONR through the winter when my hoses are winterized, and I use it for regular quick washes even in summer. It does a great job and leaves a nice shine. When I have time and my car is extra dirty, like today, I'll do a regular soapy wash.
Also even after washing the car, spray a dilute onr and wipe off with microfiber to avoid any streaking or watermarks.

Please be sure that your electrician installs an industrial-grade outlet from Hubbell, Cooper, or Bryant, rather than a residential-spec Leviton or equivalent. Once you've become used to driving a powerful electric vehicle, it's difficult to go back to dealing with gas. Because of that, my suggestion would be to spend a little extra and get a home charging station hardwired in. It'll offer faster charging and maximum convenience.

Hard wiring in of itself charges no faster. A 50 amp circuit delivers 40 amps to the charger whether hard wired or through a plug.

Hardwire is usually better for more amperage. Having 14-50 outlet is good for flexibility as there are splitter in the market let you plug in 2 EVs at same time to control split amperage to each car.

Either way is fine, you can sell home with charger on it as highlight point.

Hard wiring is not only better for more amperage but required for a circuit of more than 50 amps.

Pete

Back