Picking up Air Pure tomorrow. What should I know?

Hard wiring in of itself charges no faster. A 50 amp circuit delivers 40 amps to the charger whether hard wired or through a plug.

Hard wiring is not only better for more amperage but required for a circuit of more than 50 amps.

Pete
Almost nobody puts on an EVSE and keeps it on a 50A line. Part of the point is that you can up it to a 60A breaker/line.

Almost nobody puts on an EVSE and keeps it on a 50A line. Part of the point is that you can up it to a 60A breaker/line.
I understood the point and perhaps most reading this thread did. But the OP, as a self proclaimed newbie, might not have. I just thought the responses were not well worded.

My EVSE is on a 50 amp line. We could debate the number of others configured that way or even the need for more than 50 amps on another thread. :)

Pete

I understood the point and perhaps most reading this thread did. But the OP, as a self proclaimed newbie, might not have. I just thought the responses were not well worded.

My EVSE is on a 50 amp line. We could debate the number of others configured that way or even the need for more than 50 amps on another thread. :)

Pete
For anyone interested in following this charging discussion, I created and posted a poll. https://lucidowners.com/threads/what-amperage-is-your-home-charger.8592/

Pete

Pete
Fair enough. I suppose you could technically put an EVSE on a 15A line too. :p

I appreciate you all so much! The delivery and our trip home went well and we love the car. My husband checks on it before bed and first thing in the morning as if it is a newborn 😁
I think I actually do understand the charging options now. We will probably buy the lucid EVSE but install only a 14-50 outlet in this house. I know to review the plans carefully with the electrician, including the brand of receptacle and copper wire.

I'd like to get another quote or two because the $660 quote I got from a friend of a friend seems high. Curious as to what others have paid for the simplest types of install? Our existing panel shouldn't need an upgrade, and the new outlet can be right beside the panel on the garage wall.

I appreciate you all so much! The delivery and our trip home went well and we love the car. My husband checks on it before bed and first thing in the morning as if it is a newborn 😁
I think I actually do understand the charging options now. We will probably buy the lucid EVSE but install only a 14-50 outlet in this house. I know to review the plans carefully with the electrician, including the brand of receptacle and copper wire.

I'd like to get another quote or two because the $660 quote I got from a friend of a friend seems high. Curious as to what others have paid for the simplest types of install? Our existing panel shouldn't need an upgrade, and the new outlet can be right beside the panel on the garage wall.
660 is not too bad if it includes the material.

Thank you DeaneG. Have reviewed to helpful information on the forum about that. Slight wrinkle is we expect to move within 18 months. Should I hardwire the home charger or just a 14-50 outlet? It might be equal cost for labor and maybe if I hardwire the charger, I can still take it with me when we move? Buying the charger will only cost 200.
I initially used a Hubbel 14-50 outlet, but ended up converting to hardwiring for the extra 8 amps of charging speed. Not as big an issue with the Lucid as with my Rivian, but it’s nice to know that if you forget to plug in at night, you can stuff some miles in quickly the next morning.

...it’s nice to know that if you forget to plug in at night, you can stuff some miles in quickly the next morning.
This is the reason I'd prefer faster home charging. Better flexibility for unplanned events.

Your husband is doing Lucid ownership correctly.
And? Doesn't everyone? ...I mean...it's normal to do so even after a year ...right? (Nervous laughter)...kidding of course but it's par for the course for such a beautiful car...! Enjoy it!

My husband is a car guy, and very excited about this car. I'm a deal gal, and thrilled by the lease terms we got. But I'm concerned neither of us know what we don't know. This happened fast and we've done little research.
Can anyone tell me what they learned in advance that really helped them, or what they wish they'd known before and during their Lucid delivery? I think the 240v 15-40 outlet will be sufficient for us and I'm getting electrician quotes. We live in Tampa, and will take a Lyft to the West Palm service center in the morning.
The main thing to know is that it will ruin all other cars for you. Definitely get your home charger installed asap and enjoy.

Back to the OPs question… know that the Pure headrest is infinitely more comfortable than a GT. Seriously… like the GT is a rock. The Pure has a memory foam feeling.

Source - my cars

Back to the OPs question… know that the Pure headrest is infinitely more comfortable than a GT. Seriously… like the GT is a rock. The Pure has a memory foam feeling.

Source - my cars
Wait, really? Can you post pics of them? They're that different?

Wait, really? Can you post pics of them? They're that different?
100%. Yes I’ll do a little comparison here later once I get home. Come to think of it, I probably owe a broader post of comparisons between the two.

100%. Yes I’ll do a little comparison here later once I get home. Come to think of it, I probably owe a broader post of comparisons between the two.
I'd love that!

TakeDuo is correct, we did notice how nice those headrests are! My husband continues to find excuses to run errands every day and new things to appreciate about the vehicle. Drendino is also right, I'm not a car enthusiast in general but Lucid may make me into one.

Back