Road Trip Disaster

So reading through a few of these message threads I wanted to add in my own experience with “drive system fault” and the turtle sign.
6 hours away from home on a road trip car threw up the warning a few minutes after completing a charging session to 79%.
Delivery December and approx 9000 miles in.
1 month out from the incident, my car has now been returned to me, but in a condition that is embarrassing to post on here. Things appear haphazardly completed, broken restraints on mounding, malfunctioning pilot panel(self closes) exposed battery and wires in the trunk. Kicker was they didn’t even bother to pickup after themselves and left the car dirty and for me to clean up.
Needless to say I’m have them come out and take care of the incomplete repairs/ insufficient repairs. That still means I’m now over a month without my car. I’ve got a rental but I miss driving my Luci.

Maybe December deliveries might have something going on as someone suggested earlier.
"...ugly..."

So reading through a few of these message threads I wanted to add in my own experience with “drive system fault” and the turtle sign.
6 hours away from home on a road trip car threw up the warning a few minutes after completing a charging session to 79%.
Delivery December and approx 9000 miles in.
1 month out from the incident, my car has now been returned to me, but in a condition that is embarrassing to post on here. Things appear haphazardly completed, broken restraints on mounding, malfunctioning pilot panel(self closes) exposed battery and wires in the trunk. Kicker was they didn’t even bother to pickup after themselves and left the car dirty and for me to clean up.
Needless to say I’m have them come out and take care of the incomplete repairs/ insufficient repairs. That still means I’m now over a month without my car. I’ve got a rental but I miss driving my Luci.

Maybe December deliveries might have something going on as someone suggested earlier.

I am really sorry to hear this; I truly hope these incidents become less frequent as the company matures. Good luck getting your car back and I hope it is in pristine condition.

We switched to fobs for this reason. Had the same issue with our Tesla due to the use of Bluetooth as you say.

Current Android and Apple phones can use Ultra-Wide Band radio for this function instead with compatible vehicles. UWB uses a much higher frequency than Bluetooth (3-10GHz). UWB has a much shorter range as a result, and can identify the position of your phone within an inch or so, making it more suitable for use as a mobile phone key.
I have only used the fob since acquiring the car last September and while I have contemplated using the phone key, I said F it as the Lucid key fob is the least intrusive key fob I have ever had and it works. KISS principle FTFW!

Really sorry and scared to hear story like that. I got my Air AT April last year. And put almost 17,000 miles on it now. Never experienced any major issues, charing has been flawless for the past 6 months+. I'm about to embark a 3000 miles road trip next week and will be going to some remote areas in Utah and Coronado. Fingers crossed, hope I can make it back without any incidences.
How did your trip go? Any issues?

A question of curiosity. When did you get the car? I feel like a handful of owners around the December timeframe have been experiencing issues with drive faults. However, I've not asked each individual and may be assuming as my delivery was in December.
I also had a drive fault issue. was resolved quite quickly. got my GT in dec. 2022

Back