Curious about software update naming convention at Lucid

yash3030

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
9INQETCX
Assuming that updates named 2.0.XX are all minor updates/releases, before CarPlay arrived, I had always imagined the update with Carplay would be if not a major release but at least a medium release. But even Carplay came out as 2.0.58.

So now I am curious about the software naming convention and if my above assumption is accurate. I am curious about what update 2.X (like 2.5.XX) or UX 3.0 have in store for us and how major would a release have to be for it to be a 2.X candidate or 3.X candidate.

Happy to discuss with anyone who would like to engage in this random thought of mine :D

Assuming that updates named 2.0.XX are all minor updates/releases, before CarPlay arrived, I had always imagined the update with Carplay would be if not a major release but at least a medium release. But even Carplay came out as 2.0.58.

So now I am curious about the software naming convention and if my above assumption is accurate. I am curious about what update 2.X (like 2.5.XX) or UX 3.0 have in store for us and how major would a release have to be for it to be a 2.X candidate or 3.X candidate.

Happy to discuss with anyone who would like to engage in this random thought of mine :D
@Firstto520 Sorry in advance to tag you and spam you through this thread :)

What we've discovered from the 40+ updates the car has received is that Lucid software dev team don't give a hoot about naming conventions.

Unfortunately, there is no naming convention nor logic.

If you think 2.0.xx is weird. 1.xx.xx was even more weird hot mess.

The latest should really be called 2.66 instead.

Other brands have document history well organized in the naming hash and hyperlinked from vehicle “about” settings; here we are blessed to have @Bobby created OTA update history page.

Back