2.0.24 Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks much for this thread. I have the 2.0.24 update, and my AGT has 19" wheels. The car is, by far, my favorite auto, and I am comparing it to some awesome cars like my Jag XJl. I love the software updates and the work that went into them is impressive and obvious. Kudos. That said, I made notes during my trip from LA to Palo Alto this morning, and I think it is apropos for this thread. I am comparing the experience to my 2022 Tesla MS with FSD.

The Lucid is a far superior driving car to the Tesla. No contest. I love it.

HA
a) is superior to my Tesla FSD. They both track well and handle traffic jams with aplomb, but there were no ghost stops with HA.
b)The Lucid HA is more an Englishman than the Tesla FSD - it is much more polite but much more strict. I can't even look at the radio without HA delicately chiming. The Tesla was always threatening, barking, buzzing, and irritating - just less often. Lucid is so much better but the intense warning frequency must be tempered.
c) HA's biggest issue is that it does not like faint highway lines or moderate curves. FSD never had a problem with these. Nor does HA tell you that it's the problem. It just suddenly disengages, and I find this a bit dangerous. The Tesla slowed down for moderate or more curves; perhaps try that?d) HA could not handle the sun shining on the road at low angles. That was a surprise and something Tesla could do.
e) I find the lane change feature of HA to be better than FSD. FSD would do it automatically, but I rarely agreed with FSD's decision. HA is better.

DRIVING SOFTWARE INTERFACE
a) I still don't know how to put the map on the top display or the lower panel. It's dangerous to be trying to find the music when that display is always disappearing when you want to know where you are.
b) audio volume is too low
c) Tidal works great and sounds terrific

HVAC
a) Why does it not remember to turn on with the last settings? I am always remembering to adjust it when I get cold or hot. My Jag always remembered that I liked it at 72.
b) why is synch always turning off?
Compared to the Tesla this is OK since I think Tesla used a Galilean temperature gauge. But for a 150K car, this should be easy.

RANGE
a) At 70 MPH, from Palo Alto to LA, I get 420 miles of range. Returning, I get less.
b) this is not a big problem as the distance I need is 350. I wish it were more.
c) I get 4.2 m/kw on a flat road and about 3.7 on mountainous roads.
d) This performance is OK and better than my Tesla by quite a bit (which claimed 400 miles). BUT....

EA SUCKS. Truly SUCKS. Lucid sold this relationship to us. Lucid has got to fix it. I was told that I needn't worry about giving up the ease of recharging at Tesla's stations because I could use the EA network. I was shown a map of how extensive that is. The map would not look so good if they only listed the working stations. So, that was a bill of goods and the ONLY thing I am upset with Lucid about. Examples:
a) my stop at Aratredero Shell: ALL the stations were not working. All of them.
b) at Paso Robles, 2 of 5 were working, and neither was automatically linked, so I used the app. Good thing it was 7:30 AM
c) at Harris Ranch, only 2 of 8 stations were working. The only working 350 kW was being used by a Kia. Several cars were waiting.
d) The rated amps at any station are independent of the charge they deliver. I usually get 50% of the rated amperage even when there are no other cars. Sometimes I get less.
In SUM: I don't worry about the range of a Lucid. I worry that the charging stations that I need will not be working or have a long line of waiting cars. It is, thus, still range anxiety that I thought I was getting rid of by buying this car.

OVERALL:
KUDOS for the software updates. KUDOS for Lucid's stellar service. I think Lucid has just small tweaks to fix, and those seem normal.

BUT, Lucid must fix EA because they sold it to us.
this is an entertaining read haha.

on the EA point, it is my understanding that you can identify functioning and available EA chargers on the app. were you misinformed (chargers available) before you get to Aratredero Shelland found out that all chargers are broken physically?

on the EA point, it is my understanding that you can identify functioning and available EA chargers on the app. were you misinformed (chargers available) before you get to Aratredero Shelland found out that all chargers are broken physically?
As of today, the EA App and the Lucid app have severe discrepancies on the availability of chargers.

I don’t know if lucid regressed on this but the HA no longer auto restart in a full stop and go traffic. It used to work on 101 with previous versions of the software. I’m on 2.0.24.

First and foremost, thanks to the hand-raisers that offered to be one of the first to receive UX 2.0. We’re very appreciative of your passion and are hopeful the new OS is living up to expectations.

As you know, the update consisted of several OTA updates. As of today, 2.0.24 is the latest and greatest software version. In analyzing data over the weekend, it looks like many customers have yet to accept and install some of the updates in the series.

I wanted to reach out and advise the group of the 2.0.24 version number. If you’re on it, you’re up to date. If not, check your app or pilot panel to see if there’s an OTA update waiting for you. If there is not, please call, SMS, or email our Customer Care team and they can help facilitate the push. We’ll continue to engage customers here and outside the forum to encourage them to stay up-to-date with updates.

If you are on 2.0.24, feel free to leave your thoughts and feedback here. The team won’t be responding in real-time, but know that they’re paying attention and keenly interested in your feedback.

Cheers!
Len & Team Lucid
Hi, I just took delivery of my Lucid Air four days ago. I'd requested that this update be installed before I took delivery since I live in a Condo building and do not have access to the internet where I park the car. I was told that the roll-out of this software was in batches and my turn had not come yet. Apparently this wasn't true. I'm concerned, how do I get this 2.0.24 version? Do I need to schedule it at the nearest Lucid Service Center, which is an hour away?

Hi, I just took delivery of my Lucid Air four days ago. I'd requested that this update be installed before I took delivery since I live in a Condo building and do not have access to the internet where I park the car. I was told that the roll-out of this software was in batches and my turn had not come yet. Apparently this wasn't true. I'm concerned, how do I get this 2.0.24 version? Do I need to schedule it at the nearest Lucid Service Center, which is an hour away?
Call, text or email customer care and they can push the updates to your car.

I believe others have have mentioned that updates will also arrive via the vehicle’s LTE service, albeit somewhat slower.

Misinformed. The EA app said the Aratredeo chargers were all working. They were not. The Harris ranch show 4 available, there were two.

Yeah I think I know what you mean.

But certainly absolutely nothing changes on my dash when I signal without steering.

I would love some video of it in action....but please don't do anything dangerous 🙃
I just tested this both ways over several times on a long drive with very little traffic. Result: the turn signal has no effect on HA. It operates the same (as advertised) whether I use the turn signal or not. I have 2.20.24

Get an Audi and tell me Lucid isn’t better on software. Charging timer is non existent, current setting is non existent, cant send destination from google maps etc.

Everyone is so quick to compare to Tesla but won’t call out other brands for flawed software as well. Lucid at least is listening to customers and changing the software based on feedback which is a lot more than many other automakers are doing.

If you live and die Tesla then you will never be happy with anything else so just stick with Tesla.
Agree 100% on the Audi e-tron. I am getting rid of it because of all the software challenges.

Agree 100% on the Audi e-tron. I am getting rid of it because of all the software challenges.
Was glad to get rid of mine and based on the e-Tron experience won’t ever touch an Audi again. Bunch of liars!

Hi Len,
Thank you so much for your post. I am over the moon about the updates and feel that I can be patient regarding fixing some of the bugs. The only exception is losing the ability to schedule a charge with chargers like a Chargepoint Home Flex. I would like to hear about the plan to reinstate this ability, as it is crucial for many of us who experience very high electricity rates before midnight. It is very inconvenient to have to wake up at midnight just to charge.

Thanks again!
+1 that for me

I just tested this both ways over several times on a long drive with very little traffic. Result: the turn signal has no effect on HA. It operates the same (as advertised) whether I use the turn signal or not. I have 2.20.24
How long are you waiting after activating the turn signal? It takes a few beats to disengage

How long are you waiting after activating the turn signal? It takes a few beats to disengage
I am patient and wait for several beats. I have also tried it on the first and second beats to test it. Honestly, I see nor feel any difference.

Here comes 2.0.28!

Attachments

• 24457E25-9344-4FBD-8033-E9B4119E25CA.png
    24457E25-9344-4FBD-8033-E9B4119E25CA.png
    636 KB · Views: 128
  • 3A0920AD-C186-419B-98BA-A21A41E6AD52.png
    3A0920AD-C186-419B-98BA-A21A41E6AD52.png
    657.2 KB · Views: 122
  • ABDC8D3A-24A2-4418-8028-2ACBD57651F1.png
    ABDC8D3A-24A2-4418-8028-2ACBD57651F1.png
    685.3 KB · Views: 136
Still also having turn signal cameras quit displaying randomly, usually after driving awhile. Same problem with surround view. Both work fine when starting, but then just don't. Finally noticed turn by turn navigation on right side of cockpit display. So this provides some ability to have music and navigation displays running concurrently. Still would like ability to "pin" different functional displays to different screens.
Slight annoyance on music display: if you switch to view of listening queue, that does not stick if you swipe display up then down again to pilot panel. No reason for that to return to default display.

Highway assist very useful but will reiterate a couple of observations already made. It occasionally drops out without fanfare. Fights you on lane change even with signaling. Insists on centering in lane even when large truck or something is in adjacent lane. Often warns me to put hands on wheel when my hands are on wheel. Seems to be based on assist getting "challenged" I can avoid warning by leaving my hands off wheel but just giving the wheel a little tap once in a while. Very pleased generally, has made long trips much more relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back