2.0.24 Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find a charging window function to be more useful than a charging start time. Charge whenever local time is between the window's start time and its stop time. Unless away from home, then always start charging immediately. My window would be my electricity provider's low-priced house: 12 midnight to 3pm the next day.

This makes it much easier to charge the car when I plug it in at say 8am, without having to reach for a phone app to tell the car to start charging because the start time was set to midnight and has passed.

🤔 pretty sure it doesn't for me though. It only grays out when you start to turn the wheel and takeover from HA.
It's my only gripe with HA. Which has been working pretty well otherwise.

mine doesn't do it either. Passengers even notice the jolt from the car when it disengages so its certainly not seamless.

When I mean color gray out is that “steering wheel symbol” on center left in instrument cluster. You are still in HA mode, but when that steering wheel symbol is no longer highlighted, it allows you to freely move the car. That happens when you are signaling. Once you get to new lane and not signaling, the steering wheel signal goes back to highlight again and HA resumes.

I have use HA without issues, but reading all the Tesla autopilot accidents online, I only use use HA automation in very light traffic condition.

Since the latest update my biggest issue is the random Brake Light Malfunction. Sometimes it's the third light that does not work and other times it is completely not working. I have stopped driving the car because I am worried about getting rear ended. My car is getting picked up on the 28th to fix a number of issues and I pray this issue is fixed. There are other issues after the updates, however those are minor compared to this brake lights not working all the time.
I have that error daily now. it resets with a power cycle, but comes back the next time I drive.

If you have the Chargepoint Home Flex, You can program start/stop times with the Chargepoint App
But the Lucid won’t charge during those times unless you wake it up, defeating the scheduled time benefits

When I mean color gray out is that “steering wheel symbol” on center left in instrument cluster. You are still in HA mode, but when that steering wheel symbol is no longer highlighted, it allows you to freely move the car. That happens when you are signaling. Once you get to new lane and not signaling, the steering wheel signal goes back to highlight again and HA resumes.

I have use HA without issues, but reading all the Tesla autopilot accidents online, I only use use HA automation in very light traffic condition.
+1. Never had to fight the steering wheel. It shuts off as soon as I signal my lane change and comes back on as soon as I am centered in the new lane. Very slick IMO.

I have a question which an early adapter of Tesla Model S could answer. How many cars did they build in year 1? How good was the software back then and what improvements were made and when? I have a feeling that the learning curve was worse for Tesla because they were blazing new ground back then.

I have a question which an early adapter of Tesla Model S could answer. How many cars did they build in year 1? How good was the software back then and what improvements were made and when? I have a feeling that the learning curve was worse for Tesla because they were blazing new ground back then.
I bought my first MS in the spring of 2013. It was a 2WD P85D built just after the Signatures, which I believe began deliveries in the fall of 2012. I think they made about 1000 of those, and mine was around # 2000. My Lucid AGT is at about the same point in the ramp-up. The first cars had very limited software, nothing like the current capability of UX 2.0.24. I have to say that I don’t remember many bugs per se, but I gave up a lot of functionality in order to be an early adopter. Apart from my AGT, I currently own a 2021 Performance Raven, and my girlfriend is still driving her 2014 85D, which has hardly ever required service. Hardware wise the cars barely changed in 9 years, except for a new front molding and some extra cameras. They did tweak the ride and handling and NVH though. They finally refreshed the car in 2021 (a few months after I bought my Raven). While the interior is marginally better, it’s still basically the same car.

I think my AGT is a long long long way ahead of my ‘13 MS. The software maybe a little more buggy, but it’s packing a lot of features for its level of maturity.

I bought my first MS in the spring of 2013. It was a 2WD P85D built just after the Signatures, which I believe began deliveries in the fall of 2012. I think they made about 1000 of those, and mine was around # 2000. My Lucid AGT is at about the same point in the ramp-up. The first cars had very limited software, nothing like the current capability of UX 2.0.24. I have to say that I don’t remember many bugs per se, but I gave up a lot of functionality in order to be an early adopter. Apart from my AGT, I currently own a 2021 Performance Raven, and my girlfriend is still driving her 2014 85D, which has hardly ever required service. Hardware wise the cars barely changed in 9 years, except for a new front molding and some extra cameras. They did tweak the ride and handling and NVH though. They finally refreshed the car in 2021 (a few months after I bought my Raven). While the interior is marginally better, it’s still basically the same car.

I think my AGT is a long long long way ahead of my ‘13 MS. The software maybe a little more buggy, but it’s packing a lot of features for its level of maturity.
And lucid delivered 7k cars vs 1k model s in year 1. I would call it a commendable achievement. I personally think that they should have set the year 1 expected volume target to 7k to 8k to begin with instead of 20k. Also Lucid should have set the expectations on the roll out of features and perhaps priorities better. in the features Fisker seems to be more conservative in that regard.

And lucid delivered 7k cars vs 1k model s in year 1. I would call it a commendable achievement. I personally think that they should have set the year 1 expected volume target to 7k to 8k to begin with and also set the exp on the feature roll out. Fisker seems to be more conservative in that regard.
I think first year they do 6000~7000, 2nd year they can easily do 14000. Then 2024 with added full Gravity production and delivery, 20,000+ conservatively no problemo!

Yeah I think I know what you mean.

But certainly absolutely nothing changes on my dash when I signal without steering.

I would love some video of it in action....but please don't do anything dangerous 🙃

I think first year they do 6000~7000, 2nd year they can easily do 14000. Then 2024 with added full Gravity production and delivery, 20,000+ conservatively no problemo!
I agree that what you say is possible. I hope the ramp up in 23 will be significant to meet the demand or we could see fewer new reservations or even cancellations.

Go Lucid! (Pun intended) 👍👍👍

But the Lucid won’t charge during those times unless you wake it up, defeating the scheduled time benefits
This could be considered a bug on Lucid's part. The car should wake up and charge.

This could be considered a bug on Lucid's part. The car should wake up and charge.
I believe it still does for every EVSE except the Chargepoint. Anyone have issues with any other EVSE?

My Wallbox works fine with it, despite the new charging errors.

I believe it still does for every EVSE except the Chargepoint. Anyone have issues with any other EVSE?

My Wallbox works fine with it, despite the new charging errors.
My Autel, when set to scheduled charge, the car returns an error and I have gotten into the car few times where it didn’t charge. If I remember to wake up the car before I sleep it seems to work.

Yesterday Lucid Navigation actually took me to quickest route going to downtown Houston during rush hours. I was wondering why it asked me to get off freeway and go local with so many traffic lights. After I got to my destination to pick up my passenger and return in normal route, I found that freeway I suppose to take has accident on the other side of freeway. So Lucid default me to quicker but longer route not using freeway. Sometimes, I get dumbfounded as why it mapped me to take certain route, but this time I took a leap of faith, it was genius.
out of curiosity, does it give you context on the route options? for example: google maps often prompts on alternative route when the current route has slowdown (accidents etc.) and provide faster route options (and also how much time it saves).

out of curiosity, does it give you context on the route options? for example: google maps often prompts on alternative route when the current route has slowdown (accidents etc.) and provide faster route options (and also how much time it saves).
Depending on the route, it'll give you 3 options.

I understand why some Dream Edition customers still feel let down, thinking that they purchased a car with software that would be equal or superior to Tesla. Phantom braking aside, is the software up to the standard of Tesla at this moment? No, not even close. The question is, where do we go from here? I don’t think anyone in the Lucid software department put up a mission accomplished banner in the break room after 2.0.24. In my opinion Lucid has demonstrated the ability and willingness to make massive improvements in a relatively short period of time. If they continue to listen and make rapid improvements, we may end up with industry leading software.

Aha, glad that yuh found the culprit! I’m sure your confidence is back up knowing how it happened.

I had a situation yesterday where after a spirited and highly enjoyable 1 1/2 hour drive on windy roads, I pulled up to a private gate and my car sent a shock and tilt alert and then just died. After I opened the door everything came back on. It was scary for my wife because she got the shock and tilt alert on her phone and couldn’t reach me because I was out of cell range. It was one of the most dangerous roads around, so my wife feared the worst.
does anyone have any idea how long the 2.0 software development took?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back