2.0.24 Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
New little UI change in 20.0.28. I noticed the temperature bar turns red as you increase the temp setting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    985 KB · Views: 133
I understand why some Dream Edition customers still feel let down, thinking that they purchased a car with software that would be equal or superior to Tesla. Phantom braking aside, is the software up to the standard of Tesla at this moment? No, not even close. The question is, where do we go from here? I don’t think anyone in the Lucid software department put up a mission accomplished banner in the break room after 2.0.24. In my opinion Lucid has demonstrated the ability and willingness to make massive improvements in a relatively short period of time. If they continue to listen and make rapid improvements, we may end up with industry leading software.

Aha, glad that yuh found the culprit! I’m sure your confidence is back up knowing how it happened.

I had a situation yesterday where after a spirited and highly enjoyable 1 1/2 hour drive on windy roads, I pulled up to a private gate and my car sent a shock and tilt alert and then just died. After I opened the door everything came back on. It was scary for my wife because she got the shock and tilt alert on her phone and couldn’t reach me because I was out of cell range. It was one of the most dangerous roads around, so my wife feared the worst.
That is the scariest part for me and being a wuss I won’t drive the car for anything other than local travel. This battery stuff and dying is scary and dangerous.
I am sure you guys have seen the article today where this writer says there have been at least 6 complaints about the battery to the NHTSA so I am glad Lucid is getting investigated for recalls.
I also believe THAT is the reason why they do not communicate a lot while they are investigating the issue and take a very long time to rectify the issue.

Another item I would like to see addressed is that the buttons they moved to the left on the main dash right side still get covered during Camera mode and I believe Navigation taking away the usefulness of those buttons.

They should make another screen group for the console where all the buttons on the main dash are also available. They way I sit those buttons are too far to reach while driving. I have to lean forward to get to them which can be dangerous.

The EA "perk" is even more sad here in Canada. Lucid gives owners here 2 years of unlimited charging at EA stations and guess how many are in Vancouver?

NONE - not even 1. I have to travel about 100km to the nearest one. It seems to be more of a marketing ploy that heavily favours EA than the car companies like Lucid. Here in Vancouver/Canada, Benz and Porsche also offer EA charging so it isn't only Lucid falling victim to this

Len (@Firstto520) and team,
Love the update. Thanks for all your hard work. A couple suggestions:
  • I liked having the efficiency (miles/kWh) displayed on the left cockpit panel along with miles remaining. Any chance of bringing that back?
  • I would find it helpful to have the current vehicle software version displayed in the app somewhere. Or make it more obvious if I’m missing it. Currently I can only find the app version.

The EA "perk" is even more sad here in Canada. Lucid gives owners here 2 years of unlimited charging at EA stations and guess how many are in Vancouver?

NONE - not even 1. I have to travel about 100km to the nearest one. It seems to be more of a marketing ploy that heavily favours EA than the car companies like Lucid. Here in Vancouver/Canada, Benz and Porsche also offer EA charging so it isn't only Lucid falling victim to this
We're with you in Delaware.
NADA. ZERO. ZILCH !!!

I've had my GT for less than two weeks and I must say I'm very pleased. The initial software glitches have been resolved with new software updates arriving almost daily. So far my biggest fears haven't been realized. I'm planning a 1,500 mile drive in three weeks. That will be the test as to whether buying this car was a good or bad decision for me. This week PPF will be installed in preparation for the road trip.

It's so encouraging to have a representative from Lucid on these forums. Thank you so much for your contribution, and good job with the software so far. Given the age of Lucid, you have come a LONG way.

Picking up from others, here are the items I am also passionate about (Sorry folks, I tried quoting everyone, but the forum software barfed):

With CarPlay coming (which I don't care for) it would be good if the Apple Music App (which I do care for) could be added natively to the system HECK YES!!!! Better quality than Tidal (IMO). But it MUST be native, and not via BT

Set the time to start charging or a destination time to be fully charged by. AND: something that may be unique to my setup, I need a way to set the max charging current at a given location to prevent fuses from blowing when I am charging several EVs at once

Need the ability to change to a new TPS and wheel size. +1

Climate doesn't remember when you leave the car This is frustrating. I want everything saved to my profile every time I exit (including heated seats and steering wheel), and recalled (or remembered) when I reenter. While you are at it, store the current drive mode too.

Great if app could activate heated seats or steering wheel YUP for both

Slightly harder to get to music on the screen, in the event you are toggling... I would REALLY like to have access to a full featured music app and nav app UI at the same time. I have almost crashed the car flipping between them and swiping down to the pilot. At a minimum, use the screen on the left of the speedo to display current and upcoming song

Give us AC controls there aren’t physical buttons for on the Home Screen YES
Move the Trip computer to the Home Screen. (this would free up the left panel for the current song)

Need a way to be able to activate homelink buttons while backing out of a garage with 360 view activated. YES

Please move seats etc as soon as a profile change is made, not at the end... Heck YES

In general, the Tidal App is very buggy. I know this maybe more Tidal than Lucid, but hopefully someone will fix that. An Apple Music App would be better though (separate from Car Play). Would save me $30/mo too!

I've also had issues with the phone app (reported via email).
I tried Tidal but didn’t liked much. I’m using Spotify and it works great and cheaper

Len (@Firstto520) and team,
Love the update. Thanks for all your hard work. A couple suggestions:
  • I liked having the efficiency (miles/kWh) displayed on the left cockpit panel along with miles remaining. Any chance of bringing that back?
  • I would find it helpful to have the current vehicle software version displayed in the app somewhere. Or make it more obvious if I’m missing it. Currently I can only find the app version.
I second that.. miles/Kwh is very helpful indicator allows you to monitor and adjust your driving to ensure you have enough juice left when you arrive at the destination.

This is a legal requirement. I'm not sure if Lucid or the law sets the timing requirements but there are rules for these systems so companies don't go rogue.
Doubtful.

When GM first sold Super Cruise to consumers in 2017, it has been handsfree all this time from the very first day.

Legally, in ADAS, the driver is responsible for the driving and not the manufacturer.

However, to reduce ADAS deaths, the NTSB has encouraged manufacturers to implement a driver monitoring system. It is voluntary because the NTSB can only gives out recommendations after an investigation but it has no authority to make manufacturers to comply.

That job belongs to the NHTSA but it has not cracked the whip on the implementation of driver monitoring system just yet.

Got the new one 2.0.35, 2 min download.

Ditto .. Installing 2.0.35 now ..

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    113.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    62 KB · Views: 163
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    107.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    83.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    68.3 KB · Views: 162
Such a short install coming with such important features (to me).
Keep them coming :)

Hi Len (@Firstto520),

First and foremost the experience on 2.0.24 (the 2 series as a whole) is leaps and bounds ahead of what we all experienced in the 1.x days. I recently did a road trip from LA to SF and was by far the smoothest experience compared to road trips in the past.

Some Quirks:

Highway Assist
  • It was raining and the system kept losing the lines (understandable) but what was annoying was the repeated messaging of Highway Assist unavailable \ available messaging. If the car lost the lines you'd get the message but 5 secs later when it found them again you got the Highway Assist available message. For a good 5 mins or so I kept getting these available \ unavailable messages within seconds.
  • Doesn't handle bends too well at higher speeds. Not sure if you can take the Audi (or others) approach where it uses the mapping data to know a bend is coming up and slows the car down a bit.

TiDAL
  • Sometimes when getting back into the car my playlist would continue on from the last song when leaving the car and other times it wouldn't. The times it wouldn't it would play the last song when leaving the car then continue on with random songs similar to the last one played
  • It would be good if a favorite button could be added to the screen to favorite and unfavorite songs easily

Navigation
  • The SOC at destination is pretty useless when needing to charge along the way. You get to a point where it says "Insufficient Range" even though the system knows you need to stop to charge. If a charging destination is added then it should use SOC to charger.
  • When you add a charging stop manually the system will still keep the charger it chose along with yours in the route even though you don't need 2 charging stops to get to your destination. There is no way to remove an auto added charging stop. You can remove manually added ones but not ones added by the system.
  • The charger availability for EA in its current form is useless. It reports on CCS plugs available not chargers available. Given EA has 2 CCS plugs per charger (one for redundancy) the system can report 7/7 available at a location that has 4 chargers. I pulled up to a location that said 3/7 available to discover all the chargers in use. The system was correct but the 3 that is was reporting as available were the 3 redundant CCS cables on each charger.

Other
  • Cameras and Surround View stopped working after a DC fast charge (coincidence maybe). 2 Valet resets didn't fix the issue. Changing to guest profile and back to my profile resolved the issue.
  • Speakers at one point became all muffled like a speaker \ sub had blown. Valet reset resolved the issue

Requests
  • With CarPlay coming (which I don't care for) it would be good if the Apple Music App (which I do care for) could be added natively to the system
  • Could we see more Plug and Charge options like adding EVGo for example given it's available with Tesla and GM cars

Something to pass to the relevant department
  • EA is a hot mess and I know this isn't Lucid's fault but all chargers I used on my road trip were power limited. I've never been able to get the speeds advertised by Lucid at EA's 350Kw chargers and more often than not the the chargers either simply don't work or are power limited now. I only got 124Kw on a 350Kw charger over the weekend and moving it to a 150Kw charger I was limited to 100Kw.
  • I'm not sure how much cash Lucid handed over to EA (if any) to offer 1,2,3 years of free charging but the network is a complete embarrassment and you should ask for your money back if you did hand money over.
  • You can see multiple threads with EA issues in this forum alone and whilst the car doesn't give people range anxiety we all get charger anxiety because you simply don't know if the chargers are going to work when you arrive
Unfortunately I have had most of these issues in my first 1600 miles and cumulatively, they are continuing to add up to a pretty disappointing experience especially for a 150K automobile of any make model or description.
I can add that my particular vin frequently, while traveling on state route 153, "sees" an "interstate highway Route 75" directional sign and quickly changes the speed limit displayed on the dream drive screen from the posted 40 mph on rt 153 to the interstate route 75 speed of 75mph. Then the nav gets completely confused as to where it is and tells me or for the next 5 miles repeatedly that it is "recalculating". In addition there are frequent spurious left side redline warnings on the dream drive display when there is really no line or obstacle there on the left at all. Finally, whenever a big truck is passing in the right lane next to the vehicle, the car attempts to move more to the right- i.e. closer to the passing truck. Lucid has instructed me not to use the dream drive until service can recalibrate the cameras, but that was a month ago and service has yet to respond. This is not comfortable at all and leaves my wife wondering aloud 'whether dream drive is really just a nightmare" Sure hope we can get this fixed soon before my wife finds something else to call her dream car. Finally, all the remarks by others on this forum about actual range being limited are quite realistic. I have yet to achieve anything more than 269 miles on a trip before the car informs me to "find a charging station immediately".

My request would be a complete re think of the Home Screen. That’s prime real estate and far too many of the functions on that screen are one time setup. Or things not used that frequently.

For me, I’d like a Home Screen consisting of the following pulled from 3 different screens.

Massage Seats
AC controls there aren’t physical buttons for
Trip computer from Settings page.

Like the Tesla, I’d like a different screen to pop up when the car is put into park.

That would be the openings screen including Trunk, Frunk, glovebox.

There can be shortcuts on the Home Screen to more frequently access functions like Charging, Drive Modes, Settings.

But I mean, things like Seats, Themes, steering and mirrors, glovebox can all be buried in a few menus. No idea why they’re on the front page.
Plus 1 on this. The Themes real estate seems excessive. Seat information could be handled via a small button on the Home Screen or perhaps in a buried menu in Settings.
Definitely shift to an openings screen when placed in park.

Could anyone tell me the latest software update?

That is the scariest part for me and being a wuss I won’t drive the car for anything other than local travel. This battery stuff and dying is scary and dangerous.
I am sure you guys have seen the article today where this writer says there have been at least 6 complaints about the battery to the NHTSA so I am glad Lucid is getting investigated for recalls.
I also believe THAT is the reason why they do not communicate a lot while they are investigating the issue and take a very long time to rectify the issue.

Another item I would like to see addressed is that the buttons they moved to the left on the main dash right side still get covered during Camera mode and I believe Navigation taking away the usefulness of those buttons.

They should make another screen group for the console where all the buttons on the main dash are also available. They way I sit those buttons are too far to reach while driving. I have to lean forward to get to them which can be dangerous.
I was driving last week on a cold rainy night. Stopped at a red light in the left turn lane. A firetruck went by from the cross street with lights and sirens on and they pushed the button that changes the traffic lights to green in their direction. As soon as they did that, my car went completely dead and the dash said Drive System Fault then no power whatsoever. Not even emergency flashers! I had to call the police to come sit behind me in a police car while I waited for the tow truck so I wouldn't get hit from behind. Has anyone else experienced a catastrophic shutdown like this Lucid still has my car, engineers are stumped!

I was driving last week on a cold rainy night. Stopped at a red light in the left turn lane. A firetruck went by from the cross street with lights and sirens on and they pushed the button that changes the traffic lights to green in their direction. As soon as they did that, my car went completely dead and the dash said Drive System Fault then no power whatsoever. Not even emergency flashers! I had to call the police to come sit behind me in a police car while I waited for the tow truck so I wouldn't get hit from behind. Has anyone else experienced a catastrophic shutdown like this Lucid still has my car, engineers are stumped!
Wow that would be terrible if it was caused by that incident. Sorry to hear that.
When those battery failures happen they at first are always stumped lol.
I hope they find the issue and fix it fast. Based on reading similar issues here that one could take several weeks. They should have offered you a rental if not ask for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back