2.0.24 Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was driving last week on a cold rainy night. Stopped at a red light in the left turn lane. A firetruck went by from the cross street with lights and sirens on and they pushed the button that changes the traffic lights to green in their direction. As soon as they did that, my car went completely dead and the dash said Drive System Fault then no power whatsoever. Not even emergency flashers! I had to call the police to come sit behind me in a police car while I waited for the tow truck so I wouldn't get hit from behind. Has anyone else experienced a catastrophic shutdown like this Lucid still has my car, engineers are stumped!
Wild. Haven’t seen that. Had you tried a reset?

Wow that would be terrible if it was caused by that incident. Sorry to hear that.
When those battery failures happen they at first are always stumped lol.
I hope they find the issue and fix it fast. Based on reading similar issues here that one could take several weeks. They should have offered you a rental if not ask for one.
This is not necessarily a battery failure. Could be a motor failure, could be intermittent software. I believe @Bunnylebowski had a drive system fault when driving at an airport once that was resolved by a reset and never came back.

My point is: let’s not jump to conclusions yet.

Thanks Sam. I got a loaner car (a Polestar don't know why anyone would buy one!!!) So far they say they are replacing the battery and (not-so) Wonderbox. When I get it back you can be sure I am driving to the fire station with the Lucid service advisor and will ask them to trigger the traffic light sensor and make sure the car keeps running.

This is not necessarily a battery failure. Could be a motor failure, could be intermittent software. I believe @Bunnylebowski had a drive system fault when driving at an airport once that was resolved by a reset and never came back.

I was unable to reset Car was 100% dead Not even emergency flashers worked!!!!

I was unable to reset Car was 100% dead Not even emergency flashers worked!!!!
That sounds like the 12v was dead, which likely means a new HV battery and Wunderbox. Let us know if that’s the case.

I can’t imagine it was related to the emergency vehicles, unless they somehow sent off an EMP lol, but who knows

That sounds like the 12v was dead, which likely means a new HV battery and Wunderbox. Let us know if that’s the case.

I can’t imagine it was related to the emergency vehicles, unless they somehow sent off an EMP lol, but who knows
That is what they are currently doing! Hope that solves the issue

That is what they are currently doing! Hope that solves the issue
👍 It will. It’s one of the issues that can happen post-delivery; it’s not common, but they have a v2 of the Wunderbox and battery which fixes the issue. No recall because *most* people don’t run into it, but newer vehicles are getting the v2, I’d imagine.

Thanks Sam. I got a loaner car (a Polestar don't know why anyone would buy one!!!) So far they say they are replacing the battery and (not-so) Wonderbox. When I get it back you can be sure I am driving to the fire station with the Lucid service advisor and will ask them to trigger the traffic light sensor and make sure the car keeps running.
We did. 🤣 We have a AGT and waiting for Lucid AP and Gravity waitlist. My son couldn’t wait any longer, we then went look into Model-3 and Polestar 2, during supply chain constraint of 2022, those 2 are the easiest to get in line. And Polestar 2 wins style over Model-3 in Plus package and Napa leather.

👍💯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back