2.0.24 Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost, thanks to the hand-raisers that offered to be one of the first to receive UX 2.0. We’re very appreciative of your passion and are hopeful the new OS is living up to expectations.

As you know, the update consisted of several OTA updates. As of today, 2.0.24 is the latest and greatest software version. In analyzing data over the weekend, it looks like many customers have yet to accept and install some of the updates in the series.

I wanted to reach out and advise the group of the 2.0.24 version number. If you’re on it, you’re up to date. If not, check your app or pilot panel to see if there’s an OTA update waiting for you. If there is not, please call, SMS, or email our Customer Care team and they can help facilitate the push. We’ll continue to engage customers here and outside the forum to encourage them to stay up-to-date with updates.

If you are on 2.0.24, feel free to leave your thoughts and feedback here. The team won’t be responding in real-time, but know that they’re paying attention and keenly interested in your feedback.

Cheers!
Len & Team Lucid
Here’s what we really need. My wife is a foot shorter than me. The seats really need to move to my setting once my key fob opens the door, since I cannot get into the car with her settings!

First and foremost, thanks to the hand-raisers that offered to be one of the first to receive UX 2.0. We’re very appreciative of your passion and are hopeful the new OS is living up to expectations.

As you know, the update consisted of several OTA updates. As of today, 2.0.24 is the latest and greatest software version. In analyzing data over the weekend, it looks like many customers have yet to accept and install some of the updates in the series.

I wanted to reach out and advise the group of the 2.0.24 version number. If you’re on it, you’re up to date. If not, check your app or pilot panel to see if there’s an OTA update waiting for you. If there is not, please call, SMS, or email our Customer Care team and they can help facilitate the push. We’ll continue to engage customers here and outside the forum to encourage them to stay up-to-date with updates.

If you are on 2.0.24, feel free to leave your thoughts and feedback here. The team won’t be responding in real-time, but know that they’re paying attention and keenly interested in your feedback.

Cheers!
Len & Team Lucid
Here’s what we really need. My wife is a foot shorter than me. The seats really need to move to my setting once my key fob opens the door, since I cannot get into the car with her settings!

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this already, but the lane departure correction drives me a bit crazy. There are times that I need to move to one side of the lane or another (to avoid potholes or bicyclists, for example). I don't want my car automatically moving me back (like right into the bicyclist). So I turn off that feature. The next time I get in the car the feature may remain turned off, or it might come back on. Seems to be a bit of a crapshoot. I would prefer if my preference to have it off could be maintained.

And in case nobody else mentioned it - Apple Car Play! :)

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this already, but the lane departure correction drives me a bit crazy. There are times that I need to move to one side of the lane or another (to avoid potholes or bicyclists, for example). I don't want my car automatically moving me back (like right into the bicyclist). So I turn off that feature. The next time I get in the car the feature may remain turned off, or it might come back on. Seems to be a bit of a crapshoot. I would prefer if my preference to have it off could be maintained.

I turned it off as it was really annoying! Hasn’t come back on yet.

I think the “easy entry” requirement can address this too. If the drivers seat is always moved back for easy entry, the next step could be facial recognition, followed by moving the seats to the desired position. The reason why I advocate this approach is because my girlfriend and I both use the mobile key, and when we both approach the car at the same time, it’s a toss up between who’s profile gets loaded regardless of who sits in the drivers seat.

I think the “easy entry” requirement can address this too. If the drivers seat is always moved back for easy entry, the next step could be facial recognition, followed by moving the seats to the desired position. The reason why I advocate this approach is because my girlfriend and I both use the mobile key, and when we both approach the car at the same time, it’s a toss up between who’s profile gets loaded regardless of who sits in the drivers seat.
One more idea, the steering column should move up for easy entry. Once the driver gets in the seat, the column could move down to give the camera a clear view of the drivers face, then everything can move to position. Hopefully this process will not take too long…

One more idea, the steering column should move up for easy entry. Once the driver gets in the seat, the column could move down to give the camera a clear view of the drivers face, then everything can move to position. Hopefully this process will not take too long…
Agreed. Easy Entry/Exit is my second highest priority item. I've had it in my S550 since 2015. No Face recognition there and it still moves the steering wheel (up and out of the way) and seat back when I shut off the car and open the door. When I close the door (after getting in), it repositions to my settings.

As you mentioned, Lucid can do one better and set the position of the seat based on your profile (whether by mobile key, fob, or facial recognition).

Normally my wife drives the car so I physically cannot get into it without bending down to move the seat back. I guess you could always use the key fob button to open the door and actuate the seat movement too. But in my case we don’t both carry the keys at the same time, so having it just move with the key fob would work for me.

Turn it off.

We definitely already have enough suggestions, and some consensus, to keep a software team busy for a year or so. During my career it became clear that one product manager's carefully vetted and ranked ideas could keep a team of ten software engineers continuously busy working weekends.

Turn it off.
I do turn it off. The issue is that it doesn't stay off. So when I jump back in the car the next morning if I don't think to turn it off before I leave and I don't notice it, I get startled when my car swerves as I pass bicyclists.

Does your's not turn back on or do you just always remember to turn it off every time you get in your car?

I do turn it off. The issue is that it doesn't stay off. So when I jump back in the car the next morning if I don't think to turn it off before I leave and I don't notice it, I get startled when my car swerves as I pass bicyclists.

Does your's not turn back on or do you just always remember to turn it off every time you get in your car?
Mine has predictably stayed off.

Does activating the turn signal keep the lane departure from kicking in?

Mine is turned off, but when it rains, it turns back on. Then rain stopped next day, it turned off itself. Pretty smart.

My gripe is about engaging Highway Assist (HA).

When I first turn on HA the car immediately veers to the left and straddles the lane marking. Sometimes it will even continue veering left into the next lane before self correcting back and over to lane I was in originally. I have to disconnect HA by tugging on the steering wheel and pulling it back into the lane I want.

I have to do this repeatedly - engage, disengage, engage, disengage - until after several attempts the car finally seems to sort itself out and stay in the lane I’m in. More than occasionally, with HA successfully engaged, I get the warning to take over with manual steering since in that instant the car has lost the ability to steer itself and keep itself centred.

I’m wondering if some of the sensors are taking a while to “wake up”, before becoming fully ready to take over.

When I first turn on HA the car immediately veers to the left and straddles the lane marking. Sometimes it will even continue veering left into the next lane before self correcting back and over to lane I was in originally. I have to disconnect HA by tugging on the steering wheel and pulling it back into the lane I want.

I have to do this repeatedly - engage, disengage, engage, disengage - until after several attempts the car finally seems to sort itself out and stay in the lane I’m in. More than occasionally, with HA successfully engaged, I get the warning to take over with manual steering since in that instant the car has lost the ability to steer itself and keep itself centred.

I’m wondering if some of the sensors are taking a while to “wake up”, before becoming fully ready to take over.
Something is wrong. This is not normal behavior. Have you asked Frank?

Mine also moves to the left but stays in the lines.

Have you drove awhile in ACC mode to get enough calibration? I would ask SA about it.

Have you drove awhile in ACC mode to get enough calibration? I would ask SA about it.
Mine seemed to activate instantly the first time I tried it.

Something is wrong. This is not normal behavior. Have you asked Frank?

No, but I just sent a list of squawks to Lucid Service via text, including this behaviour by HA. I’m sure I’ll be hearing from our man, Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back