2.0.24 Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually a little confused by how this works. My understanding is that Tesla and BMW are also level 2, yet they seem to be able to go hands free for longer stretches. Could it be that Lucid is restricting it, or is there some other metric they need to prove?
No, my Tesla pretty much requires hands on the wheel every 15 seconds or so. I believe Tesla didn't require that at first, and I think that's when the government got nervous and clamped down on it.

No, my Tesla pretty much requires hands on the wheel every 15 seconds or so. I believe Tesla didn't require that at first, and I think that's when the government got nervous and clamped down on it.
Oh, I didn’t realize that. On a BMW Out Of Spec review that someone posted here, it seemed like Kyle was able to drive hands free on the highway, as long as his eyes were on the road. Do you happen to know if a car is set up with stricter eyes on the road driving, does that exempt them from having to have hands on the wheel?

Oh, I didn’t realize that. On a BMW Out Of Spec review that someone posted here, it seemed like Kyle was able to drive hands free on the highway, as long as his eyes were on the road. Do you happen to know if a car is set up with stricter eyes on the road driving, does that exempt them from having to have hands on the wheel?
I am not familiar enough with the government rules on that. Can eye detection supplant hands on the wheel, or do they both still need to be there? I don't know. It seems to me if Tesla could get away with going camera only for eyes, they would have done that by now. But who knows?

No, I don’t think Tesla has facial recognition. Many of them hack it using a counter-weight on steering wheel to trick sensor hands are on the wheel. You can hack it buying them online for $100. For Lucid, I’m not sure how you can hack both steering wheel sensor and facial recognition camera at same time.
E42DF787-6336-4DDC-A73A-A681F2A752C0.jpeg

Lots of improvements that could be done via software updates. I like this one.
Something related to the Frunk happened to me two weeks ago. I put stuff in the Frunk and closed it from inside the car. It did not close all the way but apparently it must have locked enough to stay partly engaged. The car went in Park and also gave me the Turtle mode to my dismay and chagrin. After I corrected the issue and the Frunk was fully closed, thankfully the Turtle mode went away.
Another improvement is to not have the Rearview Camera on the front display go past the Buttons that are now on the left. IMO that defeats the purpose of moving them there.
A nice thing I have noticed is that now when I am about to park and the car thinks I am going to hit the curb the Camera displays come up automatically. I had never noticed that before the 2.XX upgrade and was always afraid I would hit the curb.
You can bring the camera up manually by hitting the park assist button on the bottom right corner of the pilot panel. Cameras come up way too late for me so I usually manually bring up the displays

No, I don’t think Tesla has facial recognition. Many of them hack it using a counter-weight on steering wheel to trick sensor hands are on the wheel. You can hack it buying them online for $100. For Lucid, I’m not sure how you can hack both steering wheel sensor and facial recognition camera at same time.View attachment 6776
You don't need the facial rec for HA

You don’t need to remember the code. They can tap it on the microphone array in the ceiling between the driver and passenger seats to drive.
Which is stupid in itself. What’s the f*ing point of the pin if you just need to hold the card to the ceiling….. 😂

No, I don’t think Tesla has facial recognition. Many of them hack it using a counter-weight on steering wheel to trick sensor hands are on the wheel. You can hack it buying them online for $100. For Lucid, I’m not sure how you can hack both steering wheel sensor and facial recognition camera at same time.View attachment 6776
Does the facial recognition work with Highway assist? It was bugging the shit out of me the other day so I turned all the facial recognition stuff off. Highway Assist still works fine

Which is stupid in itself. What’s the f*ing point of the pin if you just need to hold the card to the ceiling….. 😂
I believe (but have not verified) that tapping the ceiling puts you in the guest profile which doesn’t allow for sprint.

Does the facial recognition work with Highway assist? It was bugging the shit out of me the other day so I turned all the facial recognition stuff off. Highway Assist still works fine
I have drowsy driver recognition on. But in Highway Assist mode, it gets really sensitive and does this “eyes on the road” more frequent than usual on top of “hands on the wheel” warning.

It’s really working whenever I turn my head talking to my wife. Then she said, oh-oh! the Lucid HQ people are watching us. 🤣

I have drowsy driver recognition on. But in Highway Assist mode, it gets really sensitive and does this “eyes on the road” more frequent than usual on top of “hands on the wheel” warning.

It’s really working whenever I turn my head talking to my wife. Then she said, oh-oh! the Lucid HQ people are watching us. 🤣
Yeah, it bugged me to no end so turned it all off. Lol

I no longer carrying physical fob since mobile key work so well now.

I am suspecting my Pilot Panel was in Open/Close menu, while my car is stopped, somehow the phone charging cable has heat and swiping touch the screen and hit the frunk open button while I was pulling the phone to watch YouTube. Phone was connected to the charging wire. I am going to do an experiment later today see if I can simulate that process.

View attachment 6760
My charging cable for my radar detector has hit the pilot panel and opened the trunk. The panel is very sensitive

My charging cable for my radar detector has hit the pilot panel and opened the trunk. The panel is very sensitive
Which is hazardous if you are in middle of the road. Software team needs to refine it.

Which is hazardous if you are in middle of the road. Software team needs to refine it.
First couple times it happened I thought my car was possessed because kept having music tracks changing - realized cord was hitting the panel and changing songs. I now tuck it behind the corner of the panel. Agree it is hazardous especially with the trunk opening . For me it happened in a parking lot. Haven’t had it happen with frunk.

And even in Screen Clean Mode, frunk / wipers etc. will still operate.. Found that out while installing screen protector.

Yeah, it bugged me to no end so turned it all off. Lol
It's waaaay too sensitive. I think a lot of us have turned it off.

Which ultimately is not a good thing. Tough call for them. They need to maintain sensitivity. But you have to balance that against user annoyance and bypassing the system.

Please, no. I think Lucid made a bad enough decision not to put a release button on the glovebox lid itself. Remoing the glovebox button from the Home Screen would exacerbate that situation.

If you need quick access to the glovebox -- to catch a spill, to retrieve documents a policeman is asking for (oops, said too much there) -- having to go into submenus to open the glovebox is highly annoying, and even dangerous if you're alone in the car and trying to open the glovebox while driving.
Fair enough.

I was thinking the Openings button on the top would take you to a screen where you have access to all openings. So buried may have been overstating it.

Regardless, I stand by my statement that there's a ton of wasted space on the various screens and some odd choices for what is front and center. No doubt, it looks good to have a pic of the car on the Home Screen. Maybe they can have that when in Park. But once you shift into drive, I'd like that space utilized for something functional.

Shhhh!!!! Don’t tell them about that! In any case, I’ve never seen a device like that in my life.

Shhhh!!!! Don’t tell them about that! In any case, I’ve never seen a device like that in my life.
You sound just like every other Tesla owner who told me so when I asked them to send me link for counterweight solution. 🤣

There are many Teslas in our extended family (and as for now, there are a couple of RSRVs on Lucid & Rivian as well). As for Tesla UX/UI, we found it's quite intuitive & fast. As for advanced features, many of us paid for FSD years ago - yet none of us have to experience the "fully autonomous" that Musk promised years ago.

In the last 3 months, two incidents happened with our Teslas that shook the owner to the bone:
- On my sister's Tesla, the car did phantom-break several times while she was driving locally - not engaging in autopilot at all. Then it's all back to normal. She never has any of those driver-assist features turned on. Tesla couldn't figure out why it happened, and since it no longer happens, they won't take the car in for a diagnostic.
- On my cousin's Tesla, one day, the brake just ...STOPPED working. She had no choice but to run into the tree to stop it. Car was totaled.

I would say those who sing "Tesla SW is years ahead & bullet proof......blabla...." may be a bit too optimistic ...
I had nightmare issues with my 2020 Model X. I paid for FSD and never got to experience it. Two really bad issues I had was car bricked on a road trip, 50 miles into it. Numerous occurrences of phantom braking. Park assist, Autosteer temporarily unavailable, falcon doors not opening, infotainment freezing, blank screens (both or one at a time), etc., etc. Here is just on of many log report from 2021 on the nonstop/continuous issues I would get:

IMG_3890.PNG

So, even though I have issues and have had issues with my Lucid, at least they show up once in a while. Model X was one of the worst cars I have ever owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back