2.0.24 Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA charger availability in the Lucid mobile app now works well from my recent experience. I'm not sure why the in-car app still struggles
That’s a good point you raise and forgot to mention that. The app reports correctly, it’s the in car reporting that’s wonky so you’re right, should be easy to fix in an update.

Tonight on the way home, something weird has happened. I got off freeway ramp and waited for the light to turn as the only car waiting for the light late at night. While stationary, the car open the frunk and on park gear. I freaked out. I immediately closed the frunk and put park gear back to drive gear. Not sure what happened there to cause it to happen, it felt as the car has mind of its own. (Halloween witching hour was over 2 weeks ago) 🤣
I was watching a YouTube while waiting for the light. This opening frunk completely startled me. Could I have press right gear stalk button for park unconsciously? I honestly don’t remeber. Or was my Lucid app was open on the same phone watching YouTube triggered it? I’m not sure if anyone ever has this Phantom Frunk syndrome or this may just be unexplained mystery. 🤔

Last edited:
EA charger availability is correct on the Lucid mobile app but not in the Navigation?
Correct. To reproduce the issue, go to the nav app, choose charging, and then move/pinch/zoom to roughly show the California and Arizona border. Then press "SEARCH THIS AREA". You'll find the EA station in Quartzsite, AZ. If you see "no search results found", it's likely due that you haven't zoomed in enough and you're running into another bug where it doesn't show any charging stations if the search area is too large. The Quartzsite charging station is perpetually stuck on 3/7 DC fast chargers available according to the in-car Nav app. There are 4 DC fast chargers at the station and on Sunday evening, none where available, one was out of service, while there was a somewhat painful six car wait for charging. The Lucid Mobile app (and EA mobile app) correctly stated that 3 were in-use and one was unavailable. As of today, the in-car Nav app still says there are 3/7 chargers available, and if you look at many EA charge stations across the country, they also say 3/7 are available within the in-car app. I think this points to a few things. 1) Lucid does have the ability to get accurate EA charging availability as the mobile app works appropriately for EA, 2) it's not a car hardware connectivity issue as whether my car is connected on wifi or cellular, it still reports 3/7 are available, and 3) it's a bug in-car Nav app that almost seems like it's hard coded to show 3/7 available when it's confused of the status of an EA charging station. I have a ton more feedback on route related planning that I'll share after I test out 2.0.24.

Tonight on the way home, something weird has happened. I got off freeway ramp and waited for the light to turn as the only car waiting for the light late at night. While stationary, the car open the frunk and on park gear. I freaked out. I immediately closed the frunk and put park gear back to drive gear. Not sure what happened there to cause it to happen, it felt as the car has mind of its own. (Halloween witching hour was over 2 weeks ago) 🤣
I was watching a YouTube while waiting for the light. This opening frunk completely startled me. Could I have press right gear stalk button for park unconsciously? I honestly don’t remeber. Or was my Lucid app was open on the same phone watching YouTube triggered it? I’m not sure if anyone ever has this Phantom Frunk syndrome or this may just be unexplained mystery. 🤔
i have never experienced this although i can see how someone could open the frunk by accidentally tapping the button on screen. do you keep key fob with you in your pocket? i wonder if your body weight shifted to activate the fob?

@Firstto520

Len,

First of all, thank you and your team for everything with this wonderful car. It is very easy to get caught up in the minor bugs and features that could use some improvement. I certainly am not ignorant of those. But I think that this car overall is absolutely ridiculously amazing. I have owned high-performance cars from many manufacturers over the years… The list is long… And this one truly is a remarkable mixture of luxury and sport. I do agree with the group that software is really the only thing that really needs improvement. Of course 2.0.x is a huge improvement; here's my suggestions for the future, from left to right:

Left cockpit panel:
-allow a gradient of wiper speeds, instead of just low and high.​
-allow all lights to be turned completely off.​

Instrument Cluster:
-much more customization of the left and right areas of the central screen. I know it's a freaking Air! When I first saw that large logo at the studio, I honestly thought it was there just for demonstration purposes. Seriously useless. Instead, allow the driver to choose turn by turn, audio info, driving/trip info, etc. In reading this forum, it seems that many people want many different things. I think the future of this car really needs to respect the many different expectations and desires by allowing more customizability. The iPhone is an excellent example of this, there is an unbelievable amount of settings to make the phone just right for each particular user. Currently, I spent much too much time looking away from the road in the Air.​
-I think it would be useful to have an optional graphic of the car, not unlike the one shown in Highway Assist, showing what lights are on or off. I never quite know when my brake lights are lit during regeneration, and that would be nice to see.​
-I think it would be nice to have the option to see some more information about the car and what is going on behind the scenes. Efficiency, trip length, amount of regeneration, temperatures, instant energy usage, etc. This, of course is the geek in me speaking, but I love seeing all these facts and figures and I wish it were available. Others will disagree, that's why it is user selectable.​

Right Cockpit panel:
-I like the navigation shortcuts, but they are way too large. This is precious real estate. Allow more than just two, allow custom naming. I'm retired: get rid of "work"!​
-improve navigation turn by turn. Currently, if I am on the freeway, it shows the next few turns as staying on the freeway itself. I can't get a good indication of how long it will be on that very freeway in total. I also find that the system doesn't allow much time before it indicates it is time to exit from a freeway. At 80 mph, I need a bit more than a half mile notice, especially on California freeways that are 5+ lanes.​
-allow this panel to operate completely independently of the pilot panel if that is what the driver wants. I understand where you were headed with the ability to drag things down from one panel to the other, but in practice, it is a little bit cumbersome while driving. I just want to adjust the dang radio station without switching away from navigation!​
-the top row that shows user profiles, Homelink, etc. should always be visible, even when the reverse camera is on.​
-allow an option for Homelink to automatically trigger.​

Pilot Panel:
-The row across the bottom needs to be more comprehensive. Dedicated buttons for navigation and for audio alongside the current four buttons would solve a lot of problems with the strange pulldown window shade functionality. That row of buttons should be persistent, even when the camera system is active. Could really be: Car, Climate, Audio, Navigation, Settings, Parking. All 6.​
-there are so many streaming audio options that the list actually scrolls left and right. There's no reason to show audio systems that have not been registered or logged in on the settings screen.​
-on the drive modes screen, please display the right color car with the right wheels!​
General:
-Please, please turn on CarPlay​
-the computer geek in me wishes for more comprehensive and specific notes when an update is made.​

Again, thanks for this exceptional car. I am truly an ambassador to the brand. Everybody I've met at the company has been absolutely amazing. I can't wait to watch as it matures in the future. Please don't leave us early adopters behind… Keep sending over the updates and improving our beloved cars.

Thanks!

Correct. To reproduce the issue, go to the nav app, choose charging, and then move/pinch/zoom to roughly show the California and Arizona border. Then press "SEARCH THIS AREA". You'll find the EA station in Quartzsite, AZ. If you see "no search results found", it's likely due that you haven't zoomed in enough and you're running into another bug where it doesn't show any charging stations if the search area is too large. The Quartzsite charging station is perpetually stuck on 3/7 DC fast chargers available according to the in-car Nav app. There are 4 DC fast chargers at the station and on Sunday evening, none where available, one was out of service, while there was a somewhat painful six car wait for charging. The Lucid Mobile app (and EA mobile app) correctly stated that 3 were in-use and one was unavailable. As of today, the in-car Nav app still says there are 3/7 chargers available, and if you look at many EA charge stations across the country, they also say 3/7 are available within the in-car app. I think this points to a few things. 1) Lucid does have the ability to get accurate EA charging availability as the mobile app works appropriately for EA, 2) it's not a car hardware connectivity issue as whether my car is connected on wifi or cellular, it still reports 3/7 are available, and 3) it's a bug in-car Nav app that almost seems like it's hard coded to show 3/7 available when it's confused of the status of an EA charging station. I have a ton more feedback on route related planning that I'll share after I test out 2.0.24.
Yeah this is useful info. The navigation charging site info is not accurate, not sure how as they’d just be getting the info from EA, but I’ve noticed that too, and it will also sometimes not show charging sites at all that I know exist and are good.

@Firstto520

Len,

First of all, thank you and your team for everything with this wonderful car. It is very easy to get caught up in the minor bugs and features that could use some improvement. I certainly am not ignorant of those. But I think that this car overall is absolutely ridiculously amazing. I have owned high-performance cars from many manufacturers over the years… The list is long… And this one truly is a remarkable mixture of luxury and sport. I do agree with the group that software is really the only thing that really needs improvement. Of course 2.0.x is a huge improvement; here's my suggestions for the future, from left to right:

Left cockpit panel:
-allow a gradient of wiper speeds, instead of just low and high.​
-allow all lights to be turned completely off.​

Instrument Cluster:
-much more customization of the left and right areas of the central screen. I know it's a freaking Air! When I first saw that large logo at the studio, I honestly thought it was there just for demonstration purposes. Seriously useless. Instead, allow the driver to choose turn by turn, audio info, driving/trip info, etc. In reading this forum, it seems that many people want many different things. I think the future of this car really needs to respect the many different expectations and desires by allowing more customizability. The iPhone is an excellent example of this, there is an unbelievable amount of settings to make the phone just right for each particular user. Currently, I spent much too much time looking away from the road in the Air.​
-I think it would be useful to have an optional graphic of the car, not unlike the one shown in Highway Assist, showing what lights are on or off. I never quite know when my brake lights are lit during regeneration, and that would be nice to see.​
-I think it would be nice to have the option to see some more information about the car and what is going on behind the scenes. Efficiency, trip length, amount of regeneration, temperatures, instant energy usage, etc. This, of course is the geek in me speaking, but I love seeing all these facts and figures and I wish it were available. Others will disagree, that's why it is user selectable.​

Right Cockpit panel:
-I like the navigation shortcuts, but they are way too large. This is precious real estate. Allow more than just two, allow custom naming. I'm retired: get rid of "work"!​
-improve navigation turn by turn. Currently, if I am on the freeway, it shows the next few turns as staying on the freeway itself. I can't get a good indication of how long it will be on that very freeway in total. I also find that the system doesn't allow much time before it indicates it is time to exit from a freeway. At 80 mph, I need a bit more than a half mile notice, especially on California freeways that are 5+ lanes.​
-allow this panel to operate completely independently of the pilot panel if that is what the driver wants. I understand where you were headed with the ability to drag things down from one panel to the other, but in practice, it is a little bit cumbersome while driving. I just want to adjust the dang radio station without switching away from navigation!​
-the top row that shows user profiles, Homelink, etc. should always be visible, even when the reverse camera is on.​
-allow an option for Homelink to automatically trigger.​

Pilot Panel:
-The row across the bottom needs to be more comprehensive. Dedicated buttons for navigation and for audio alongside the current four buttons would solve a lot of problems with the strange pulldown window shade functionality. That row of buttons should be persistent, even when the camera system is active. Could really be: Car, Climate, Audio, Navigation, Settings, Parking. All 6.​
-there are so many streaming audio options that the list actually scrolls left and right. There's no reason to show audio systems that have not been registered or logged in on the settings screen.​
-on the drive modes screen, please display the right color car with the right wheels!​
General:
-Please, please turn on CarPlay​
-the computer geek in me wishes for more comprehensive and specific notes when an update is made.​

Again, thanks for this exceptional car. I am truly an ambassador to the brand. Everybody I've met at the company has been absolutely amazing. I can't wait to watch as it matures in the future. Please don't leave us early adopters behind… Keep sending over the updates and improving our beloved cars.

Thanks!
Regarding the navigation turn by turn being redundant (IE in 7 miles keep straight to stay on the road you’re on) is a function of HERE Maps which Lucid and many other automakers use. I’m not sure if there’s any plans or even ability to make HERE much more modifiable. I had a discussion about HERE with a forum member on here who’s in the board of directors for HERE and this is just the state of their navigation. I think it’s really good in some situations and like the alternate route options, the main thing I really want is an “avoid highways” or “scenic route” option. HERE has been excellent at routing me around traffic jams though, having me take a route that would normally be longer but because of crazy traffic it was actually the fastest.

i have never experienced this although i can see how someone could open the frunk by accidentally tapping the button on screen. do you keep key fob with you in your pocket? i wonder if your body weight shifted to activate the fob?
I no longer carrying physical fob since mobile key work so well now.

I am suspecting my Pilot Panel was in Open/Close menu, while my car is stopped, somehow the phone charging cable has heat and swiping touch the screen and hit the frunk open button while I was pulling the phone to watch YouTube. Phone was connected to the charging wire. I am going to do an experiment later today see if I can simulate that process.

FA7E2096-F7E5-4219-BC4D-AE7F3B70DB8A.jpeg

Regarding the navigation turn by turn being redundant (IE in 7 miles keep straight to stay on the road you’re on) is a function of HERE Maps which Lucid and many other automakers use. I’m not sure if there’s any plans or even ability to make HERE much more modifiable. I had a discussion about HERE with a forum member on here who’s in the board of directors for HERE and this is just the state of their navigation. I think it’s really good in some situations and like the alternate route options, the main thing I really want is an “avoid highways” or “scenic route” option. HERE has been excellent at routing me around traffic jams though, having me take a route that would normally be longer but because of crazy traffic it was actually the fastest.
Yesterday Lucid Navigation actually took me to quickest route going to downtown Houston during rush hours. I was wondering why it asked me to get off freeway and go local with so many traffic lights. After I got to my destination to pick up my passenger and return in normal route, I found that freeway I suppose to take has accident on the other side of freeway. So Lucid default me to quicker but longer route not using freeway. Sometimes, I get dumbfounded as why it mapped me to take certain route, but this time I took a leap of faith, it was genius.

I had something similar happen in June where the I as pulling into a parking spot and switched from drive to reverse and as I switched to reverse the frunk openned, I had service look at it. They checked all the safety items by trying to open the frunk while the car was in drive, in reverse, moving at a slow speed and were unable to duplicate. It has not happened again. Like you, I wonder if it was me or the car.

Yesterday Lucid Navigation actually took me to quickest route going to downtown Houston during rush hours. I was wondering why it asked me to get off freeway and go local with so many traffic lights. After I got to my destination to pick up my passenger and return in normal route, I found that freeway I suppose to take has accident on the other side of freeway. So Lucid default me to quicker but longer route not using freeway. Sometimes, I get dumbfounded as why it mapped me to take certain route, but this time I took a leap of faith, it was genius.
I find the navigation to be fairly poor at picking the best routes around Phoenix. The owners in California find it works well. I am not sure why it is better in some areas than other. It is good that it worked well with live traffic information for you in Houston.

I find the navigation to be fairly poor at picking the best routes around Phoenix. The owners in California find it works well. I am not sure why it is better in some areas than other. It is good that it worked well with live traffic information for you in Houston.
It did one time mapped me to drive thru a dead street in Houston downtown with blockade. 🤣 I think it creates frustration for me few times, bc Air just drive so well, I forgive the navigation sometimes as don’t mind to drive more. But last weekend going in Austin, the direction was a mess to me as give me vague direction without staying E or W direction and ramp has many splits and resplit. I had a few U-turn to recovery. If CarPlay is available, I may use both navigation for comparison. But overall, I have to give credit to Lucid team, when I got my car in April, Navigation was even more primitive than today. I can imagine what the DE owners have gone thru.

. . . glovebox can all be buried in a few menus. No idea why they’re on the front page.

Please, no. I think Lucid made a bad enough decision not to put a release button on the glovebox lid itself. Remoing the glovebox button from the Home Screen would exacerbate that situation.

If you need quick access to the glovebox -- to catch a spill, to retrieve documents a policeman is asking for (oops, said too much there) -- having to go into submenus to open the glovebox is highly annoying, and even dangerous if you're alone in the car and trying to open the glovebox while driving.

Please, no. I think Lucid made a bad enough decision not to put a release button on the glovebox lid itself. Remoing the glovebox button from the Home Screen would exacerbate that situation.

If you need quick access to the glovebox -- to catch a spill, to retrieve documents a policeman is asking for (oops, said too much there) -- having to go into submenus to open the glovebox is highly annoying, and even dangerous if you're alone in the car and trying to open the glovebox while driving.
That is why we have 2 compartments, one behind the pilot screen for easier access for driver. I think the designed screen location of glove compartment makes it passenger utility when car is on the run.

Feature request:

Valet mode - If I give physical fob key to a valet, I would like to have passcode to be entered when pressing Glove Compartment button. I may want to have valuable belonging in car, don’t want valet to snoop around.

Hi Len,
Thank you so much for your post. I am over the moon about the updates and feel that I can be patient regarding fixing some of the bugs. The only exception is losing the ability to schedule a charge with chargers like a Chargepoint Home Flex. I would like to hear about the plan to reinstate this ability, as it is crucial for many of us who experience very high electricity rates before midnight. It is very inconvenient to have to wake up at midnight just to charge.

Thanks again!
If you have the Chargepoint Home Flex, You can program start/stop times with the Chargepoint App

First and foremost, thanks to the hand-raisers that offered to be one of the first to receive UX 2.0. We’re very appreciative of your passion and are hopeful the new OS is living up to expectations.

As you know, the update consisted of several OTA updates. As of today, 2.0.24 is the latest and greatest software version. In analyzing data over the weekend, it looks like many customers have yet to accept and install some of the updates in the series.

I wanted to reach out and advise the group of the 2.0.24 version number. If you’re on it, you’re up to date. If not, check your app or pilot panel to see if there’s an OTA update waiting for you. If there is not, please call, SMS, or email our Customer Care team and they can help facilitate the push. We’ll continue to engage customers here and outside the forum to encourage them to stay up-to-date with updates.

If you are on 2.0.24, feel free to leave your thoughts and feedback here. The team won’t be responding in real-time, but know that they’re paying attention and keenly interested in your feedback.

Cheers!
Len & Team Lucid
The Valet Card is useless for parking with a valet. Valets will not remember the 5 digit code. We should have a card that allows the person to drive the car but will not open the glove box, frunk or trunk. Our App should also have ability to limit distance and speed while in valet's hands.

Add function in App that allows us to close windows.

First and foremost, thanks to the hand-raisers that offered to be one of the first to receive UX 2.0. We’re very appreciative of your passion and are hopeful the new OS is living up to expectations.

As you know, the update consisted of several OTA updates. As of today, 2.0.24 is the latest and greatest software version. In analyzing data over the weekend, it looks like many customers have yet to accept and install some of the updates in the series.

I wanted to reach out and advise the group of the 2.0.24 version number. If you’re on it, you’re up to date. If not, check your app or pilot panel to see if there’s an OTA update waiting for you. If there is not, please call, SMS, or email our Customer Care team and they can help facilitate the push. We’ll continue to engage customers here and outside the forum to encourage them to stay up-to-date with updates.

If you are on 2.0.24, feel free to leave your thoughts and feedback here. The team won’t be responding in real-time, but know that they’re paying attention and keenly interested in your feedback.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Len & Team Lucid

Highway Assist - in addition to the problems on curves and rain, why have highway assist if you have to keep your hands on the steering wheel? After 10-15 seconds, a warning flashes to take the wheel.

Navigation - should be a way to delete prior locations that remain on home screen . Should be able to rename "home" and "work" buttons. In the nav search screen, should have ability to sort by either "recent" or "alphabetically. Should be able to see map on pilot panel when switching to other functions on home screen

Len & Team Lucid

Cheers!
Len & Team Lucid

This thread is supposed to be for recommendations as to what owners would like to see Lucid make to upcoming software updates. It is okay to refer to what other manufacturers have done if you would like Lucid to try to make those additions but it is quite boring to read one either defend or try to take down either brand. I have owned two Teslas, a model S and currently have a model X as well as my Lucid Air GT. I can remember how poor the Tesla software was 11 years ago but they made a lot of changes over the years, some good some not so good. I expect Lucid to do the same. I can make a few suggestions: one is an easy entry and exit mode that can be chosen from the app if one desires, I really like the feature in the model X that when I step on the brake the driver's door closes, currently if the Lucid door is fully extended I have to lean out of the car to shut it, another feature which would be nice is when the car unlocks you have a choice of unlocking all the doors or just the driver's door. There have been many other suggestions earlier and I would agree with most of them. Lets try and keep this thread positive and so that we all can have the best car possible.

Thanks

@Firstto520

Len,

Left cockpit panel:

-allow a gradient of wiper speeds, instead of just low and high.

-allow all lights to be turned completely off.

Instrument Cluster:

-much more customization of the left and right areas of the central screen. I know it's a freaking Air! When I first saw that large logo at the studio, I honestly thought it was there just for demonstration purposes. Seriously useless. Instead, allow the driver to choose turn by turn, audio info, driving/trip info, etc. In reading this forum, it seems that many people want many different things. I think the future of this car really needs to respect the many different expectations and desires by allowing more customizability. The iPhone is an excellent example of this, there is an unbelievable amount of settings to make the phone just right for each particular user. Currently, I spent much too much time looking away from the road in the Air.

-I think it would be useful to have an optional graphic of the car, not unlike the one shown in Highway Assist, showing what lights are on or off. I never quite know when my brake lights are lit during regeneration, and that would be nice to see.

-I think it would be nice to have the option to see some more information about the car and what is going on behind the scenes. Efficiency, trip length, amount of regeneration, temperatures, instant energy usage, etc. This, of course is the geek in me speaking, but I love seeing all these facts and figures and I wish it were available. Others will disagree, that's why it is user selectable.

Right Cockpit panel:

-I like the navigation shortcuts, but they are way too large. This is precious real estate. Allow more than just two, allow custom naming. I'm retired: get rid of "work"!

-improve navigation turn by turn. Currently, if I am on the freeway, it shows the next few turns as staying on the freeway itself. I can't get a good indication of how long it will be on that very freeway in total. I also find that the system doesn't allow much time before it indicates it is time to exit from a freeway. At 80 mph, I need a bit more than a half mile notice, especially on California freeways that are 5+ lanes.

-allow this panel to operate completely independently of the pilot panel if that is what the driver wants. I understand where you were headed with the ability to drag things down from one panel to the other, but in practice, it is a little bit cumbersome while driving. I just want to adjust the dang radio station without switching away from navigation!

-the top row that shows user profiles, Homelink, etc. should always be visible, even when the reverse camera is on.

-allow an option for Homelink to automatically trigger.

Pilot Panel:

-The row across the bottom needs to be more comprehensive. Dedicated buttons for navigation and for audio alongside the current four buttons would solve a lot of problems with the strange pulldown window shade functionality. That row of buttons should be persistent, even when the camera system is active. Could really be: Car, Climate, Audio, Navigation, Settings, Parking. All 6.

-there are so many streaming audio options that the list actually scrolls left and right. There's no reason to show audio systems that have not been registered or logged in on the settings screen.

-on the drive modes screen, please display the right color car with the right wheels!

General:

-Please, please turn on CarPlay

-the computer geek in me wishes for more comprehensive and specific notes when an update is made.

Again, thanks for this exceptional car. I am truly an ambassador to the brand. Everybody I've met at the company has been absolutely amazing. I can't wait to watch as it matIn ures in the future. Please don't leave us early adopters behind… Keep sending In over the updates and improving our beloved cars.

Thanks!

Love the car and the software improvements. Now that my car navigation system knows where I am I've starting using it. The actual navigation system needs work. I haven't been able to get from point A to point B without the system trying to put me on a strange route. I actually passed a small airport near my house and the navigation system tried to route me onto the runway. No joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back