2.0.24 Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Air GT now knows where my house is. Thank you, Lucid.
Of course, I also have a Christmas wish list: Apple Car Play, ability to schedule charging times, consistent camera display when starting out (sometimes the displays don't show at first), a Home Link that works as well as the remote control that I clipped to my visor out of frustration, etc. - but I appreciate the progress.
The car is really big. I guess that's gonna take more than a software update ;). I'd buy a sports-car-sized Lucid. I understand the SUV is next, but still...

BTW my 2018 model 3's software was rough and unstable for about its first year. At this point Tesla had been shipping the model s for six years. In that sense, Lucid is currently doing better.
I also bought my Model 3 in 2018. I heard tons about cars delivered in rough shape — the car buying checklist was vital for Tesla buyers back then (that has not changed, BTW). I plunked down my deposit and hoped against all hope for a decent car. My car was delivered with minor cosmetic stuff (e.g., slight panel misalignments) I did not care about (and never had fixed). I counted myself as very lucky and happily drove on to become a contented Tesla owner.

However, there were lots of bumps on that road. The Tesla Model 3 software was choppy when I first bought my car. Random crashes. Stuff not working until a reboot or two. While those things improved over time, I remember lots of teeth gnashing on the Tesla boards. “The updates are too damn slow.” “The updates aren’t good enough.” Sentry mode is great, but that came a long while after I bought my M3. I never bought the self-driving package (I didn’t want to beta test something that could kill me), but I admit being entirely unimpressed when Tesla went to vision/cameras in later cars and jacked the price up for their janky “autopilot” software by more than 1,000% (I think it is even more than that now).

While the Tesla mobile service has been great, there is ZERO customer service otherwise. No one ever bends over backwards at Tesla to help with anything. Recently, I had an issue with a dying 12v. Tesla’s response was absurdly inept — no batteries, don’t know when they’re going to get them, don’t call them they’ll call you. And these responses were with weeks of inoperative car functions and a potential bricking eminent! After an accident, I discovered that basic Tesla parts would take months to get. No one ever knows when things will happen. And no one at Tesla seemed sympathetic to the fact that owners actually need to know when things will happen.

My M3 battery pack had a very hard time with the cold. The range I lost during that first harsh winter never came back. Given that I had bought the medium range M3, losing significant range meant the car became a whole lot less useful. And I live in a place where if you drive in any direction more than 20 minutes, all you can see are corn fields. Yet Tesla shrugged its shoulders and suggested I call back when I lose more than 20% of range!

When I recently got into the market for an upgrade, I got in line for a Model S. But then I thought about all of the above and told myself “Nope.” I withdrew from the queue and kissed my small deposit goodbye. I instead ordered a Lucid Air GT.

I waited six long months. I now slide into my massaging, heated seats, effortlessly accelerate at will, look at the beautiful and flawless lines of my GT, think about the 460 miles or so of effective range, corner, pass, and lane change with wicked ease, and I tell myself “Yep.” I have had software hiccups, sound drops, dashboard crashes. I chuckle because I have done this software dance before. And if my Tesla experience is any guide, all of these issues will improve. And in the meantime, I will have a smoother ride, a more comfortable interior, and all the fun of driving a well designed car!

Each and every one of us should follow the “you do you” thing. But for those who again and again rail against Lucid and continue to scream the virtues of Tesla on this board, I ask — why bother with all the back and forth? Say your thing. Then go in peace. [Removed the last phrase — it was too much like “F___ off.” That was not my intention!]

Last edited:
What double displaying?
When the top right screen is at Home screen, the time is displayed along the top and immediately again in the middle. When the top right screen is in Nav mode, the turn by turn directions are displayed where the "Air" used to be and then immediately again to the right (where it used to be).

Hi Len (@Firstto520),

First and foremost the experience on 2.0.24 (the 2 series as a whole) is leaps and bounds ahead of what we all experienced in the 1.x days. I recently did a road trip from LA to SF and was by far the smoothest experience compared to road trips in the past.

Some Quirks:

Highway Assist
  • It was raining and the system kept losing the lines (understandable) but what was annoying was the repeated messaging of Highway Assist unavailable \ available messaging. If the car lost the lines you'd get the message but 5 secs later when it found them again you got the Highway Assist available message. For a good 5 mins or so I kept getting these available \ unavailable messages within seconds.
  • Doesn't handle bends too well at higher speeds. Not sure if you can take the Audi (or others) approach where it uses the mapping data to know a bend is coming up and slows the car down a bit.

TiDAL
  • Sometimes when getting back into the car my playlist would continue on from the last song when leaving the car and other times it wouldn't. The times it wouldn't it would play the last song when leaving the car then continue on with random songs similar to the last one played
  • It would be good if a favorite button could be added to the screen to favorite and unfavorite songs easily

Navigation
  • The SOC at destination is pretty useless when needing to charge along the way. You get to a point where it says "Insufficient Range" even though the system knows you need to stop to charge. If a charging destination is added then it should use SOC to charger.
  • When you add a charging stop manually the system will still keep the charger it chose along with yours in the route even though you don't need 2 charging stops to get to your destination. There is no way to remove an auto added charging stop. You can remove manually added ones but not ones added by the system.
  • The charger availability for EA in its current form is useless. It reports on CCS plugs available not chargers available. Given EA has 2 CCS plugs per charger (one for redundancy) the system can report 7/7 available at a location that has 4 chargers. I pulled up to a location that said 3/7 available to discover all the chargers in use. The system was correct but the 3 that is was reporting as available were the 3 redundant CCS cables on each charger.

Other
  • Cameras and Surround View stopped working after a DC fast charge (coincidence maybe). 2 Valet resets didn't fix the issue. Changing to guest profile and back to my profile resolved the issue.
  • Speakers at one point became all muffled like a speaker \ sub had blown. Valet reset resolved the issue

Requests
  • With CarPlay coming (which I don't care for) it would be good if the Apple Music App (which I do care for) could be added natively to the system
  • Could we see more Plug and Charge options like adding EVGo for example given it's available with Tesla and GM cars

Something to pass to the relevant department
  • EA is a hot mess and I know this isn't Lucid's fault but all chargers I used on my road trip were power limited. I've never been able to get the speeds advertised by Lucid at EA's 350Kw chargers and more often than not the the chargers either simply don't work or are power limited now. I only got 124Kw on a 350Kw charger over the weekend and moving it to a 150Kw charger I was limited to 100Kw.
  • I'm not sure how much cash Lucid handed over to EA (if any) to offer 1,2,3 years of free charging but the network is a complete embarrassment and you should ask for your money back if you did hand money over.
  • You can see multiple threads with EA issues in this forum alone and whilst the car doesn't give people range anxiety we all get charger anxiety because you simply don't know if the chargers are going to work when you arrive
I'm only on 2.0.18 but it's disappointing to see the issues you list still exist. I ran into every issue you mention (and quite a few more) on a 800 mile trip last weekend.

I'm only on 2.0.18 but it's disappointing to see the issues you list still exist. I ran into every issue you mention (and quite a few more) on a 800 mile trip last weekend.
“Still exist”? The software has only been out a couple of weeks, and 2.0.24 was just a set of minor bug fixes for 2.0.18.

Bug fixes will come in updates after 2.0.24.

This thread is supposed to be for recommendations as to what owners would like to see Lucid make to upcoming software updates. It is okay to refer to what other manufacturers have done if you would like Lucid to try to make those additions but it is quite boring to read one either defend or try to take down either brand. I have owned two Teslas, a model S and currently have a model X as well as my Lucid Air GT. I can remember how poor the Tesla software was 11 years ago but they made a lot of changes over the years, some good some not so good. I expect Lucid to do the same. I can make a few suggestions: one is an easy entry and exit mode that can be chosen from the app if one desires, I really like the feature in the model X that when I step on the brake the driver's door closes, currently if the Lucid door is fully extended I have to lean out of the car to shut it, another feature which would be nice is when the car unlocks you have a choice of unlocking all the doors or just the driver's door. There have been many other suggestions earlier and I would agree with most of them. Lets try and keep this thread positive and so that we all can have the best car possible.

Thanks

Perhaps we can get the thread back on topic rather than just criticizing Lucid?

For software feedback that has been requested, near term achievable things I’d like to see are

- 100% camera reliability (they should come up EVERY time, and work the same EVERY time).
-mi/KWh back where it used to be, as well as ability to display kW used, estimated SOC% on arrival, without having to dig into the sub menu on the pilot panel.
-work furiously with EA to figure out why some of their units throw a “vehicle protocol error” right after initiating charging. This is happening to many owners and the inability to charge the car on the network selected by Lucid as the go-to network should be treated as the most urgent software issue on the car, although I realize it is dependent upon EA software as well.

Other than that, thanks for working so hard on improving the software and the speed at which you guys came up with 2.0 still blows my mind.

That’s all I want for Christmas, thanks.
Huge improvement with the latest release. Thank you, Lucid engineers!

I have had a few minor 'glitches' that I can't really explain. Here's one: In the middle of a long road trip, I stopped to get something to eat. When I got back in my car, the mirrors opened like they normally do, but the mirrors themselves were pointed directly into the ground. I didn't notice them until I started driving and I was unable to adjust them to their proper spot through the console. The only way I could reset them was to stop the car, change my profile to my wife's profile, and then change back to my profile. A car 'reset' didn't work, only changing the profile did.

As far as improvements, I would love the ability to swipe the center console between navigation, music, phone (perhaps swiping horizontally or through tabs) while having the right portion of the top console staying static. I would like to have the navigation on the top console and the music queue on the center console at the same time.

While this is a bit of a minor issue, it would be awesome if the software could keep track of how many times the driver accepted the Sprint mode warning (by profile) and then after 20 or so times, just not have that warning display anymore.
The mirrors thing happened to me a couple times also. I solved it by deleting my profile and adding it back. It’s a pain because I needed to add back the 4 Homelink items. But it’s been fine since.

“Still exist”? The software has only been out a couple of weeks, and 2.0.24 was just a set of minor bug fixes for 2.0.18.

Bug fixes will come in updates after 2.0.24.
I've really tried to withhold negative feedback, giving Lucid time to update their software. "Still exist" issues refer to a large number of issues, including the backup camera and surround view not displaying at all or taking a very long time to display. Incorrect EA charger availability is another. wrt those issues mentioned by HC 79 on 2.0.24, I've dealt with those these issues for 5 months and not "a couple of weeks." From my recent experience, the backup camera and surround view issues has gotten worse and it's disappointing to see that others have experienced the same failures. I'm happy to provide detailed and balanced feedback based on thousands of miles of testing along with specific recommendations for future releases. What version do you recommend I wait for to do so?

I've really tried to withhold negative feedback, giving Lucid time to update their software. "Still exist" issues refer to a large number of issues, including the backup camera and surround view not displaying at all or taking a very long time to display. Incorrect EA charger availability is another. wrt those issues mentioned by HC 79 on 2.0.24, I've dealt with those these issues for 5 months and not "a couple of weeks." From my recent experience, the backup camera and surround view issues has gotten worse and it's disappointing to see that others have experienced the same failures. I'm happy to provide detailed and balanced feedback based on thousands of miles of testing along with specific recommendations for future releases. What version do you recommend I wait for to do so?
If camera is not loading up or blacked out. It can be fast loading error rather than crashing. X close cameras and relaunching parking menu from Pilot Panel should fix this. From the moment you step on brake to start the car, it takes a few seconds for 360 and backup camera to initialize their communication.

EA station charger availability. I don’t know whose fault is it for incorrect data, Lucid or EA. I have no confidence of that time frame it may be resolved. Other than that, we see Lucid is making tremendous strides from 1.2.xx.

I also bought my Model 3 in 2018. I heard tons about cars delivered in rough shape — the car buying checklist was vital for Tesla buyers back then (that has not changed, BTW). I plunked down my deposit and hoped against all hope for a decent car. My car was delivered with minor cosmetic stuff (e.g., slight panel misalignments) I did not care about (and never had fixed). I counted myself as very lucky and happily drove on to become a contented Tesla owner.

However, there were lots of bumps on that road. The Tesla Model 3 software was choppy when I first bought my car. Random crashes. Stuff not working until a reboot or two. While those things improved over time, I remember lots of teeth gnashing on the Tesla boards. “The updates are too damn slow.” “The updates aren’t good enough.” Sentry mode is great, but that came a long while after I bought my M3. I never bought the self-driving package (I didn’t want to beta test something that could kill me), but I admit being entirely unimpressed when Tesla went to vision/cameras in later cars and jacked the price up for their janky “autopilot” software by more than 1,000% (I think it is even more than that now).

While the Tesla mobile service has been great, there is ZERO customer service otherwise. No one ever bends over backwards at Tesla to help with anything. Recently, I had an issue with a dying 12v. Tesla’s response was absurdly inept — no batteries, don’t know when they’re going to get them, don’t call them they’ll call you. And these responses were with weeks of inoperative car functions and a potential bricking eminent! After an accident, I discovered that basic Tesla parts would take months to get. No one ever knows when things will happen. And no one at Tesla seemed sympathetic to the fact that owners actually need to know when things will happen.

My M3 battery pack had a very hard time with the cold. The range I lost during that first harsh winter never came back. Given that I had bought the medium range M3, losing significant range meant the car became a whole lot less useful. And I live in a place where if you drive in any direction more than 20 minutes, all you can see are corn fields. Yet Tesla shrugged its shoulders and suggested I call back when I lose more than 20% of range!

When I recently got into the market for an upgrade, I got in line for a Model S. But then I thought about all of the above and told myself “Nope.” I withdrew from the queue and kissed my small deposit goodbye. I instead ordered a Lucid Air GT.

I waited six long months. I now slide into my massaging, heated seats, effortlessly accelerate at will, look at the beautiful and flawless lines of my GT, think about the 460 miles or so of effective range, corner, pass, and lane change with wicked ease, and I tell myself “Yep.” I have had software hiccups, sound drops, dashboard crashes. I chuckle because I have done this software dance before. And if my Tesla experience is any guide, all of these issues will improve. And in the meantime, I will have a smoother ride, a more comfortable interior, and all the fun of driving a well designed car!

Each and every one of us should follow the “you do you” thing. But for those who again and again rail against Lucid and continue to scream the virtues of Tesla on this board, I ask — why bother with all the back and forth? Say your thing. Then go in peace. [Removed the last phrase — it was too much like “F___ off.” That was not my intention!]
Just to pile on. My wife has waited 3 weeks for a new front bumper for her Model 3. She had a minor fender bender that requires a replacement. Fortunately, she can still drive the car. But even if she couldn't, the bumper wouldn't arrive any sooner so she'd be without a car for at least 3-4 weeks plus the actual repair time.

To have to wait 3 weeks for a simple part from a supposedly mature manufacturer is the state of the world right now. I'm told by the body shop that Tesla is way behind on many of their parts. From my point of you, it isn't like Tesla has a lot of models going on. They're mass producing the Model 3 and you're telling me they can't make enough bumpers right now?!?!

So for those of you upset with Lucid with your car in the shop for a few weeks waiting on a part, I point you to this story about Tesla. If something on your Tesla breaks, it could be 4-6 weeks before you get it back.

As long as your feedback is constructive then don't hold back but if it's just "Tesla is better" with no other information then there is no value in that feedback. Not saying that's what you were going to say but it's becoming frustrating to see people just say X or Y is better bringing no real value to the conversation.

Len asked for feedback and I gave it but its certainly not to say that i'm not happy with 2.024. I hope it didn't come across as negative as it was meant to be constructive for Lucid to see. To me, these issues are just small annoyances (some of them not Lucids fault either) that I raised to get on their radar to hopefully address in future updates. The software stability/slowness by far was my biggest gripe and 2.X updates have addressed this so i'm a happy camper. :)

I truly believe Lucid values the feedback of it customers and alot of what we see in the software today has come from owner feedback. But yes, as others have pointed out, let's keep it constructive and provide genuine feedback good and bad. We know they're asking for it and listening which is great to see.

Perhaps this is the wrong thread to discuss parts delays, but Lucid and Tesla are not outliers. We broke the passenger side mirror housing of our 2020 Honda Insight. It took Honda, a mature car company, three months to send a replacement. While I'm at it, it is distressing to see this back and forth squabbling about Lucid versus Tesla. I read this site for info about Lucid. Please stop comparing everything to Tesla.

Thank you for all the hard work. The new software is a big improvement. Now that the navigation system knows where I am I can can finally use the system. However, I still have not been able to get from point A to point B without the system sending me off in strange directions. I'm still dependent on Google maps and do hope this will change.

Perhaps this is the wrong thread to discuss parts delays, but Lucid and Tesla are not outliers. We broke the passenger side mirror housing of our 2020 Honda Insight. It took Honda, a mature car company, three months to send a replacement. While I'm at it, it is distressing to see this back and forth squabbling about Lucid versus Tesla. I read this site for info about Lucid. Please stop comparing everything to Tesla.

“Well, in our Teslas…”

If camera is not loading up or blacked out. It can be fast loading error rather than crashing. X close cameras and relaunching parking menu from Pilot Panel should fix this. From the moment you step on brake to start the car, it takes a few seconds for 360 and backup camera to initialize their communication.

EA station charger availability. I don’t know whose fault is it for incorrect data, Lucid or EA. I have no confidence of that time frame it may be resolved. Other than that, we see Lucid is making tremendous strides from 1.2.xx.
Thanks
As long as your feedback is constructive then don't hold back but if it's just "Tesla is better" with no other information then there is no value in that feedback. Not saying that's what you were going to say but it's becoming frustrating to see people just say X or Y is better bringing no real value to the conversation.

Len asked for feedback and I gave it but its certainly not to say that i'm not happy with 2.024. I hope it didn't come across as negative as it was meant to be constructive for Lucid to see. To me, these issues are just small annoyances (some of them not Lucids fault either) that I raised to get on their radar to hopefully address in future updates. The software stability/slowness by far was my biggest gripe and 2.X updates have addressed this so i'm a happy camper. :)

I truly believe Lucid values the feedback of it customers and alot of what we see in the software today has come from owner feedback. But yes, as others have pointed out, let's keep it constructive and provide genuine feedback good and bad. We know they're asking for it and listening which is great to see.
I definitely have the lens of being constructive. I'll wait until I'm updated to 2.0.24 (unless @borski thinks there's a better version to wait for) and then I will post my detailed feedback and recommendations. On a positive note, EA charger availability in the Lucid mobile app now works well from my recent experience. I'm not sure why the in-car app still struggles, but it suggests that Lucid has the ability to fix the in-car app without relying on an EA update. Both struggle with EvGo availability. BTW: I've never mentioned Tesla in any of my posts and agree that vacuous comparisons aren't useful in this forum.

Thanks

I definitely have the lens of being constructive. I'll wait until I'm updated to 2.0.24 (unless @borski thinks there's a better version to wait for) and then I will post my detailed feedback and recommendations. On a positive note, EA charger availability in the Lucid mobile app now works well from my recent experience. I'm not sure why the in-car app still struggles, but it suggests that Lucid has the ability to fix the in-car app without relying on an EA update. Both struggle with EvGo availability. BTW: I've never mentioned Tesla in any of my posts and agree that vacuous comparisons aren't useful in this forum.
EA charger availability is correct on the Lucid mobile app but not in the Navigation?

Thanks

2.0.24 is the latest, so that would seem a likely candidate.

Few nights ago I found myself driving with the headlights off. I pulled into a parking lot, got out and confirmed that the headlight were off. Got back in the car checked the headlight button is set to Auto. toggled the button off and on couple of times and the headlights came back on ... I'm all for constructive and positive vibes. But I feel like this type of issues just should not happen.
Another thing that has been happening to me is the next-track button on the steering wheel either does not work ( on Tidal or Spotify) or it activates Alexa ( and NO, I'm not hitting the voice command button next to it!!)
I'm on 2.0.24.

Few nights ago I found myself driving with the headlights off. I pulled into a parking lot, got out and confirmed that the headlight were off. Got back in the car checked the headlight button is set to Auto. toggled the button off and on couple of times and the headlights came back on ... I'm all for constructive and positive vibes. But I feel like this type of issues just should not happen.
Another thing that has been happening to me is the next-track button on the steering wheel either does not work ( on Tidal or Spotify) or it activates Alexa ( and NO, I'm not hitting the voice command button next to it!!)
I'm on 2.0.24.
Since the latest update my biggest issue is the random Brake Light Malfunction. Sometimes it's the third light that does not work and other times it is completely not working. I have stopped driving the car because I am worried about getting rear ended. My car is getting picked up on the 28th to fix a number of issues and I pray this issue is fixed. There are other issues after the updates, however those are minor compared to this brake lights not working all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back