Coolant Leak

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
This isn’t good. Stopped at an EA to charge. While it was charging, I noticed some orange-brown liquid on the ground In front of the car. looking underneath, the liquid is just pouring out from underneath the front portion of the car. Probably the coolant. Stopped the charger and called customer car. Was able to drive home and park without errors. They are going to have to flatbed it over to Costa Mesa now. Wonder how long it will be out of commission.

Attachments

• E785AACF-82CE-4666-9A12-203ED754CB81.jpeg
    E785AACF-82CE-4666-9A12-203ED754CB81.jpeg
    509.2 KB · Views: 236
I’m starting to wonder if we’ve all purchased lemons. More and more random issues keep showing up here that require the car to be towed back to Lucid.

Don’t worry though, I’m sure Peter is having some drinks today in the Lucid corporate tent patting himself on the back for another car model being announced all in the lead up to a nice bonus payout this year. Meanwhile, our cars just get to sit in Lucid Service Centers while they scratch their heads figuring out what’s wrong this time…….

I’m starting to wonder if we’ve all purchased lemons. More and more random issues keep showing up here that require the car to be towed back to Lucid.

Don’t worry though, I’m sure Peter is having some drinks today in the Lucid corporate tent patting himself on the back for another car model being announced all in the lead up to a nice bonus payout this year. Meanwhile, our cars just get to sit in Lucid Service Centers while they scratch their heads figuring out what’s wrong this time…….
A lot of people, myself included, have not had these issues. It sucks that a small number have, but it isn’t because “Peter doesn’t care”

I don’t think we have lemons. Although my wife is not happy that I have “an expensive car with a lot of problems“ now that the car has to be flat bedded up to Costa Mesa and the fact that the mobile service was here yesterday for about 4 hours mostly on the ACC that may or may not be hardware related.

I feel that is is just teething pains of a new car company. Other than this today, i’ve really had no major issues. Most of them have just been software related. The mobile guy replaced a trunk trim piece yesterday because some of the rubber was separating. The other mobile visit was just to tack down a piece of carpet in the trunk that wanted to lift and I discovered ‘user error’ from holding the trunk button too long that was causing my trunk not to open all the way. The ACC which took most of the time yesterday ‘might’ just need a sensor calibration. If not, likely just software that causes the car not to slow as fast as my comfort level would be so I have to disengage ACC to break. I am still happy with the car. My wife is leery.

This isn’t good. Stopped at an EA to charge. While it was charging, I noticed some orange-brown liquid on the ground In front of the car. looking underneath, the liquid is just pouring out from underneath the front portion of the car. Probably the coolant. Stopped the charger and called customer car. Was able to drive home and park without errors. They are going to have to flatbed it over to Costa Mesa now. Wonder how long it will be out of commission.
Just terrible. So sorry.

Looks like the battery pack coolant that I believe @CLTGT had that turned out to be a faulty hose clamp
That is my assumption. Same batch? Our cars were about the same time.

A lot of people, myself included, have not had these issues. It sucks that a small number have, but it isn’t because “Peter doesn’t care”
Just how small (or not) the number is---well that's what concerns all of us who are on the fence. I don't know how to tell how frequent are breakdowns that take the cars out of service. I hope you're right and the number is small. But I have the sense it shouldn't be happening at the rate it is.

BTW Peter R certainly cares---it's gotta be in his top 3.

Just how small (or not) the number is---well that's what concerns all of us who are on the fence. I don't know how to tell how frequent are breakdowns that take the cars out of service. I hope you're right and the number is small. But I have the sense it shouldn't be happening at the rate it is.

It does seem to be at a high rate since only 1167 cars had been delivered by 6/30. One ‘issue’ means that it is occurring at a 1:1000 rate with the small number of deliveries. Of course only a fraction of those 1167 owners are here. So any issue reported here might be more widespread. If Lucid sees 2 or 3 of the same issue, then It is a concern. Teething pains, but if they are still occurring in deliveries a year from now……

Well, we know it’s small here, by definition. I have no idea how that relates to the percentage of owners, but given that there don’t seem to be similar complaints in other places (Twitter, fb, media) constantly I would veer toward this forum being over-representative of owners with problems.

Deja vu.

That really is unfortunate, but the actual fix, if it happens to be the same as my mishap, does not take too long to fix once they have the part.

Unfortunate but I'm glad to hear that it's just a coolant leak. At first, I thought it was some catastrophic failure of internal motor oil leaking, or battery fluid.

It does seem to be at a high rate since only 1167 cars had been delivered by 6/30. One ‘issue’ means that it is occurring at a 1:1000 rate with the small number of deliveries. Of course only a fraction of those 1167 owners are here. So any issue reported here might be more widespread. If Lucid sees 2 or 3 of the same issue, then It is a concern. Teething pains, but if they are still occurring in deliveries a year from now……
Back of envelope math says about 40,000 cars are reserved and delivered, and about 1500 members of this board...4%. If the 4% is applied to the 1200 deliveries, then 60 members here have cars. I'm sure there's a tracker that's more or less accurate..are there more than 60 owners here? My gut is the (generous) number is about double--say 120 of our members already have their cars.

Again a guess, but about 10-15 owner/members have had "towable" breakdowns---is there a thread for that too? (More might have occurred but not been posted here---don't know.)

This (unscientific) math suggests about 10% of owners to date have had a "major" breakdown...and it skews to the low side since all reported events are presumably real, but others might have gone unreported.

Interestingly the 10-12% is ho-hum to many here, the vast majority of which, I'm guessing, are long-time EV owners...but terrifying to others who (Im guessing) have never owned an EV (me), but owned a lot of high-end cars and never experienced "turtle mode" much less even a 10% chance of their 150k car breaking down totally

If only 4/5% of reservers are members here, I don't know how the other 95% out there get any insight into the crucial issues discussed here ,,,(OK X% are lurkers ...but still).

Being on the sideline at this moment might (for the wrong reasons) be better than being in the game...while they spend months (?) "harmonizing "my paint choice I continue to harmonize my car choices...Tempus Fugits for both of us

I noticed today a clear liquid coming out of the bottom. Slow but consistent drip while parked. Luckily not an orange-brown color though. Anyone else seeing this? Maybe just AC/condensation?

I noticed today a clear liquid coming out of the bottom. Slow but consistent drip while parked. Luckily not an orange-brown color though. Anyone else seeing this? Maybe just AC/condensation?
Any clear water is just from the AC.

Back of envelope math says about 40,000 cars are reserved and delivered, and about 1500 members of this board...4%. If the 4% is applied to the 1200 deliveries, then 60 members here have cars. I'm sure there's a tracker that's more or less accurate..are there more than 60 owners here? My gut is the (generous) number is about double--say 120 of our members already have their cars.

Again a guess, but about 10-15 owner/members have had "towable" breakdowns---is there a thread for that too? (More might have occurred but not been posted here---don't know.)

This (unscientific) math suggests about 10% of owners to date have had a "major" breakdown...and it skews to the low side since all reported events are presumably real, but others might have gone unreported.

Interestingly the 10-12% is ho-hum to many here, the vast majority of which, I'm guessing, are long-time EV owners...but terrifying to others who (Im guessing) have never owned an EV (me), but owned a lot of high-end cars and never experienced "turtle mode" much less even a 10% chance of their 150k car breaking down totally

If only 4/5% of reservers are members here, I don't know how the other 95% out there get any insight into the crucial issues discussed here ,,,(OK X% are lurkers ...but still).

Being on the sideline at this moment might (for the wrong reasons) be better than being in the game...while they spend months (?) "harmonizing "my paint choice I continue to harmonize my car choices...Tempus Fugits for both of us
You could start a poll to see how many have cars and how many have reported towable service calls

Back